• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, a year ago you had 5 free tiers from the previous BP and 10 secret stars for 10 free tiers
Now all this is gone.

Definitely a shame.

With 15 free tiers, I have a great time playing Fortnite because I knew I wouldn't have to force myself too much to get to Tier 100. I managed to get to Tiers 100 in the last season without playing too much (like 30 hours in total I think, which is okay on almost 3 months I guess), not sure I'll be able to achieve it this time.

And I've also seen that now, you don't get all the challenges for a given week available from the get go, you have to unlock the challenges by doing one challenges after another... It won't be possible anymore to just do a planification to make all the challenges at once (I used to make this to not play too much and still get as much reward as I could).

I still love the game, lot of gun and good ideas, but I'm getting tired of seeing Epic is making it a bigger grind fest season after season...

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just jumped back in after last playing 6 months ago. So. Many. Changes.

Besides, what's up with the Switch performance? I noticed they added a FPS counter and it's quite common to see the game struggling to keep 30 FPS, and quite often dropping to the lower 20s. Is this normal on Switch?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This season really is the "we're running out of ideas" season. What am I supposed to do with slight variations of BP skins I already own?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
There are weekly challenges. It went up a few hours after the update.

Yes, but there's no Weekly Global View now, the one where you could unlock Loading Picture and Battle Star if you had done all the challenges for a given week. I'm talking about this view:

fortnite-20190523113155.jpg

Now, once you have done all the challenges available, you get the Prestige Challenges, which apparently only give you XP and a Skin variant (at least for this week, maybe the next week reward for Prestige will be a Free Tier, but even, it would make everyone having to make double the challenge to get this Free tier).

This season really is the "we're running out of ideas" season. What am I supposed to do with slight variations of BP skins I already own?

Even if I'm loving the Skins for this season, this is exactly what I thought at first haha.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hasnt played in awhile, this patch actually got me interested again. If you put mechs in anything I have to check it out.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the storm scout rifle shoulda told you that.
"let's remove the zoom from the semi auto and make a new sniper with zoom AND more than one shot in the clip AND you can see the next storm"

Whose bright idea was it to share the locker with battle royale in stw? Also, just allow me to put a different wrap on every single gun if i desire

Last edited:

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to poke around the new season for a bit later, since I've just been reading the changes. But hopefully actually playing it changes my mind, because all I'm seeing now is more grind grind grind. There's a tipping point where it doesn't become worth it to try and get everything, and when that happens, I'll probably just stop trying altogether.

Hopefully it's not that bad, and I'm just being dramatic and swayed by dramatic overreactions.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about the grind because from the datamined info it seems like by doing purely the weeklies you can hit nearly 100 in the BP now. That being said the changes to the weekly system to focus around one mode seem really lame (I hate Team Rumble for instance), the Battle Pass rewards suck, and in general the gameplay changes seem mostly bad too. What a shitty season. Also the map changes being a drip feed is annoying, especially when half of them will just end up being old shit redone.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
That's the famous Dusty Depot everybody wanted back? Nostalgia is a fucking disease

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it but I'd be glad. Having to make sure you play at least every 3 days to do all your dailies was annoying.
Based on the extracted missions for the season it would get you to Tier 99 lol That's assuming they don't update the star rewards that are listed for the future ones though, which clearly some of them will be updated at least as to what the challenge is since they're clearly placeholders currently.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really just want to do the BP this season and maybe get the lvl 55 outfit for Catalyst. Everything else is ore or less just a bonus, though I'm dreading figuring out how to get the XP required for lvl 55.

Anarkin

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm done with this shit game. I lost so many fights because of micro stutters, it's unplayable. Instead of working on the performance they add shit like mechs to the game.

Also how boring is the season? They didn't even change the map much and snow is still there for some reason, even though it's summer.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I really like the X umbrella. Gotta try to win that. I got super lucky last season when i was able to win the John Wick mode and got that umbrella and the seasonal win umbrella.

Part of me is glad the weekly challenges are done because i always felt some serious fomo if i didn't finish it that week. It got tough with some of those "kill X players in Y location" too especially when they're in usually untraveled locations like Haunted Hills.

Hopefully this new way will make it easier to complete the BP and get some nice stuff out of it than "here's another banner icon" or "here's another loading screen"

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow nevermind the performance is FUCKING GARBAGE EVERYWHERE
I am on a 1070 Ti and getting stutters FUCKING EVERYWHERE

FIX YOUR SHIT

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Thank to a group of randos, we all won a game of squads and I got my umbrella. See y all next season!

:P

But I can't imagine these mechs being that popular. Everyone seems to want to grab one and they actually kinda suck.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm only a Fortnite stream monster these days but of all the vaults, one that is certainly correct is the quad.

No arguments that it was in any way balanced will be accepted when the ATV has better air mobility than the airplane.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, forced friend challenges within the season which are time-limited and not rerollable, really disappointed to see this.

Also 5 games in a row getting second place, I guess this is gonna be that kinda of season. Very salty start to season 10.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Few random thoughts on the new season so far:
  1. I think this is one of the best BPs they've had. Every skin has variations and look great IMO. The callback to previous skins is a nice touch. Good for vets and people that missed out those skins.
  2. Map changes for the season launch are underwhelming to say the least. I assume there will be more over time but other seasons have had widespread changes with lots of new named POIs. I expected more tbh. Seems like they spent more time removing things than adding in new stuff.
  3. RE: Mobility - I'm happy ballers and slip stream are gone. Weird decision to vault quads (part of me wonders if they are going to fix quad flying before bringing them back). I feel like the Apex ships or natural rifts would be good enough for getting around.... especially for those matches when you get RNG circle fucked. Vaulting gliders was excessive. Overall I think they swung the pendulum too far in the other direction.
  4. New challenges are ass. I don't necessarily mind the format change with weeklies and dailies but to have a set of challenges and then the next stage is just do the same shit in a single match is really lame.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Few random thoughts on the new season so far:
  1. I think this is one of the best BPs they've had. Every skin has variations and look great IMO. The callback to previous skins is a nice touch. Good for vets and people that missed out those skins.
  2. Map changes for the season launch are underwhelming to say the least. I assume there will be more over time but other seasons have had widespread changes with lots of new named POIs. I expected more tbh. Seems like they spent more time removing things than adding in new stuff.
  3. RE: Mobility - I'm happy ballers and slip stream are gone. Weird decision to vault quads (part of me wonders if they are going to fix quad flying before bringing them back). I feel like the Apex ships or natural rifts would be good enough for getting around.... especially for those matches when you get RNG circle fucked. Vaulting gliders was excessive. Overall I think they swung the pendulum too far in the other direction.
  4. New challenges are ass. I don't necessarily mind the format change with weeklies and dailies but to have a set of challenges and then the next stage is just do the same shit in a single match is really lame.

Agree with most of this. This BP is REALLY damn good, but the actual impact of the season with the map seems super weak and the challenge changes have a much bigger impact.

I don't mind the new challenges that much, and I am glad dailies are gone (the squad ones were awful), but I'm not sure how I feel about the timed based one, especially if they're grouping the annoying friend challenges within it.

I'm a big fan of most of the mobility being gone but they probably need something. I never had a problem with rift-to-go so hopefully that comes back, but the game had way too much of it to the point where the storm was literally never even remotely a threat.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone care to add me? I hate when I get play with a friend challenge and have no friends to play with lol. Epic name is same as here

Last edited:

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The new structure for challenges is... interesting. They're very clearly looking to get people playing more often, more days every week. Challenges unlocking every day, "prestiging" challenge sets to get more, etc. It seems like you'll move through the Battle Pass rewards possibly even quicker than usual, but ultimately wind up needing to spend more time to actually unlock all the stuff gated behind challenges? Or something. It all seems very weird.

I'm liking the vibe of the season, but I think I've gotten to the point where I'm okay with letting the game start to drift away from me. I still have fun playing, but I have other stuff I'd like to play and read and watch, and I'm worried this new structure would get me playing the game less because I'm actively having fun and more because of that lizard brain "must.check.every.box." drive that just needlessly devours hours from your life.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan not the challenge format now to be honest.

It sucks having the challenges gated off by having to complete other challenges first.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the limited time challenges more than dailies. They are only there for a week, but still unlock if I don't log in a specific day. Missed a lot of dailies because of that.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually under the assumption that they're trying to get people to play less. In a few hours last night I completed just about all of the challenges and finished the first X-Lord prestige pretty easily.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm actually under the assumption that they're trying to get people to play less. In a few hours last night I completed just about all of the challenges and finished the first X-Lord prestige pretty easily.
I think it could work out even.

The dailies have been replaced by the limited time ones which are 7 days of dailies. Whether this gets replaced each week will determine if this is more or less.

The weekly ones are replaced with the theme ones but will take longer and require more playing with friends.

So it probably won't be any more time really (unless you get a new LT challenge set each week.) but will probably require teaming up for some of the more challenging or time consuming ones in the prestige levels.

I'm now up to date with everything we can do so far and did spend more time then the usual weekly challenges but it was more fun with the variety of challenges.

Also got my first win of the season, first solo game with 5 kills so I was pretty pleased with that.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I think it could work out even.

The dailies have been replaced by the limited time ones which are 7 days of dailies. Whether this gets replaced each week will determine if this is more or less.

The weekly ones are replaced with the theme ones but will take longer and require more playing with friends.

So it probably won't be any more time really (unless you get a new LT challenge set each week.) but will probably require teaming up for some of the more challenging or time consuming ones in the prestige levels.

I'm now up to date with everything we can do so far and did spend more time then the usual weekly challenges but it was more fun with the variety of challenges.

Also got my first win of the season, first solo game with 5 kills so I was pretty pleased with that.

The one thing I did notice is that I'm leveling way faster thanks to the new method of release. I hit level 16 in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.