• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When i first logged in I got an apology for troubles on mobile and got thirty battle stars, clicked ok and didn't actually get anything.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, fuck them for vaulting the quads. Now Snobby is an absolutely abysmal place to land if the storm shrinks to anywhere but that part of the map. There are zero mobility options & the terrain surrounding it is somewhat cumbersome to travel through (two massive mountains that have to be circumvented, otherwise quite uneven terrain), which adds to the already lengthy travel time to everywhere from Snobby. If the storm shrinks to the eastern side of the island, have fun running for, like, 5 minutes because there is nothing to speed up your travel. It's not like the quads were some impenetrable fortress. It's agile but you are quite vulnerable in it when you're not boosting, and even if flying is a bit OP, just one hit will send you barrel-rolling uncontrollably.

And taking the balls away too? Why do they want to make traveling the island as slow & boring as possible again? It'd be ok if the rift-a-fucks were still a thing but they aren't. The slipstreams were a bit much but otherwise I thought the mobility thing was in a fine spot before that. One of the only things that was (combat shotgun is still a broken OP weapon that triumphs over everything else).

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Visiting 10 named locations in one game was trash, only had the snowboard to do that... Zip line challenge also being back is lame, but at least it's only dealing damage, not getting elims.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the traversal of the map is utter shit.

What bonus for last season are you guys talking about? I had season 9 BP but have no bonus for doing so.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
All available challenges done, umbrella obtained. While I like most battle pass skins and customizability, I miss some silly ones. The edgy ones are not my thing.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Really dislike the new limited time challenge changes, so annoying that we would HAVE to play on a specific day to get them all done. Hope anytime I'm on vacation the challenges are easy enough to do on mobile on my shit phone. Also surprised to see anyone praising a Battle Pass that is so lazy. "Here's some skins you already own but with a couple tweaks". I'd rather have original skins.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Really dislike the new limited time challenge changes, so annoying that we would HAVE to play on a specific day to get them all done. Hope anytime I'm on vacation the challenges are easy enough to do on mobile on my shit phone. Also surprised to see anyone praising a Battle Pass that is so lazy. "Here's some skins you already own but with a couple tweaks". I'd rather have original skins.
They are essentially the same as the dailies except you can get them all immediately and you aren't limited to stacking 3.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Eh, fuck them for vaulting the quads. Now Snobby is an absolutely abysmal place to land if the storm shrinks to anywhere but that part of the map. There are zero mobility options & the terrain surrounding it is somewhat cumbersome to travel through (two massive mountains that have to be circumvented, otherwise quite uneven terrain), which adds to the already lengthy travel time to everywhere from Snobby. If the storm shrinks to the eastern side of the island, have fun running for, like, 5 minutes because there is nothing to speed up your travel. It's not like the quads were some impenetrable fortress. It's agile but you are quite vulnerable in it when you're not boosting, and even if flying is a bit OP, just one hit will send you barrel-rolling uncontrollably.

And taking the balls away too? Why do they want to make traveling the island as slow & boring as possible again? It'd be ok if the rift-a-fucks were still a thing but they aren't. The slipstreams were a bit much but otherwise I thought the mobility thing was in a fine spot before that. One of the only things that was (combat shotgun is still a broken OP weapon that triumphs over everything else).
I really hated the line where they though that limited mobility would provide a more enjoyable experience this season.
wtf are they on? Fortnite is all about mobility by being able to pull a whole fortress out of your ass. vehicles just evened it out a little so you could quickly travel from one place to another.

I tried out the robit for the first time and the thing is slow as hell. I guess if you get into one and can haul to the circle it might be ok for a little bit but everyone goes apeshit attacking the mech so it's not like it'd even be around for all that long.

Having the hoverboards are great but i think either the Quad or the Balls have to come back to help players get around a little more.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
At least increase the spawn rate of Launch pads, especially after the removal of redeploy. Who knows though, maybe returning areas will have a part that is no-gravity like the asteroid and loot lake.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
They are essentially the same as the dailies except you can get them all immediately and you aren't limited to stacking 3.
No, because the dailies never HAD to be completed on a certain day. I could have three, wait a day or two because I'm busy, and still have three when I come back. Now if I'm busy on the final day or two of the week I'm just out any of those challenges I didn't complete. Nor did they tie any unlocks to them (such as the loading screen in this one).

What does it mean when some locations on the map have their names in yellow and all the others are white?
The yellow named locations are hot spots that have little flying drones that drop additional loot when destroyed. Up to three can hot spots can occur per match.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, because the dailies never HAD to be completed on a certain day. I could have three, wait a day or two because I'm busy, and still have three when I come back. Now if I'm busy on the final day or two of the week I'm just out any of those challenges I didn't complete. Nor did they tie any unlocks to them (such as the loading screen in this one).

The yellow named locations are hot spots that have little flying drones that drop additional loot when destroyed. Up to three can hot spots can occur per match.

Cool, thanks

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Whew, gotta say, getting the Prestige stop sign challenge done on the first attempt is pretty satisfying. Now to.. enjoy.. the ziplines one.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Where are there that many signs?
Load up Team Rumble, drop towards and Pleasant Park and hope there's only 1 or 2 other teammates dropping there. As soon as you're down, grab a weapon, preferably long range so a rifle or pistol and follow this map.

If you lack a few signs, make your way towards Paradise, stop by Salty on the way.

I got 6 at Pleasant and 1 at Salty.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Load up Team Rumble, drop towards and Pleasant Park and hope there's only 1 or 2 other teammates dropping there. As soon as you're down, grab a weapon, preferably long range so a rifle or pistol and follow this map.

If you lack a few signs, make your way towards Paradise, stop by Salty on the way.

I got 6 at Pleasant and 1 at Salty.

What is the source of this map please? Was it from reddit? If then, can you please post the link for the thread? Thanks.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey I know nothing about Fortnite but my son plays a lot.

He wants to gift a battle pass to his friend but does this means he loses the battlepass?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Hey I know nothing about Fortnite but my son plays a lot.

He wants to gift a battle pass to his friend but does this means he loses the battlepass?
Nop, if you own the battle pass, that's it, you own it for good. Gifting is a separate purchase of the battle pass that you then send to someone else; is not tied to your pass at all.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If I play on PS4 and Switch, can I log into the Xbox version to redeem the exclusive Eon skin and 500 Vbucks for use on my main account?

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This has probably been asked a thousand times, but I can't help it - is Save the World worth it right now? I'm more of a PvE guy, and it seems like StW's pace isn't as hectic as the BR mode, which suits me. Opinions?

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This has probably been asked a thousand times, but I can't help it - is Save the World worth it right now? I'm more of a PvE guy, and it seems like StW's pace isn't as hectic as the BR mode, which suits me. Opinions?

As False Witness said this will likely go free to play at some point this year, but I'd say it's worth it to get it now on sale to become a "Founder" so that you keep getting the V-buck rewards on the daily quest missions and that sort of thing. If you're not a Founder then you will only get event tickets as a reward after this game goes free to play.

You have that correct that the pace of StW isn't as hectic as BR, but whereas in BR the players are unpredictable in what they do, StW has predictable zombie monsters that either want to get at you, or the objective. To make up for that the game throws waves of monsters at you, often from different directions, that can quickly become overwhelming. But if you play smart you can use that predictability to your advantage... that is until you get to the really high power levels of the game, then the monsters can one or two hit you before you even see it coming!

To survive at the very high levels this game allows a great deal of customisation to suit your play style. Sure there are the basic classes of hero that you will play, but then your support team allows you to pick and choose how you want to buff your main hero. Then the weapons are customisable as well, and you can tweak their abilities along with leveling up their strength so that it again fits your play style. Example: Do you tweak your weapon to have a larger magazine size so you can keep shooting bullets longer, or do you tweak it so that the gun re-loads really quick... a not so obvious choice, but what if you also had someone in your support squad that gave you a buff every time you re-loaded the weapon? It's stuff like that which I really appreciate about the game, because you can explore many different customisations so that you get the most out of your hero for how you want to play. You don't have to work on just one hero, you can have several different types on the go to change things up if desired. Then you have the support squads that are also customisable in how you have to choose if you want to give a little buffs to your health or shields or weapons or traps and that sort of thing... so if you like the micro-management style of game, then StW is probably for you.

However, the downsides of the game is that in order to do all of that tweaking and customising, you require specific resources and materials, which means there is a lot of grinding in this game and the grind is real. The farming you have to do never goes away, although there are ways to help lessen the farming required, but even then at some point you will run out of certain resources and then you will have to farm for more. There are four "zones" in this game that you progress through, and each zone has a nice narrative story you progress through that will help build you up so you can then advance to the next zone... but as of right now, there is no narrative story for the last zone. You just arrive and then pick and choose whatever missions you feel like running that day... quite often you will be choosing those missions that have the resources you are missing as rewards. Also, a lot of the heroes you may want to slot into your support team will not be available right away, and you will have to wait until they come around again in the in-game store, or offered again in an event. Like the Halloween heroes as an example, you probably won't see those again until Halloween... so just something to keep in mind. Tip: Buy every legendary hero you can out of the store even if you think you won't ever need it. Just get them as they only cost in-game gold and not V-bucks... something I wish I had done when I first started playing.

Anyway... just a few thoughts about the game, as a great deal more can be written, but basically you get out of StW what you put into it. For the cost of the game right now on sale against how many hours of entertainment you will get out of it, then it is more than worth it to jump in now before it goes free to play... especially for all those sweet sweet V-bucks! ;)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I really hated the line where they though that limited mobility would provide a more enjoyable experience this season.
wtf are they on? Fortnite is all about mobility by being able to pull a whole fortress out of your ass. vehicles just evened it out a little so you could quickly travel from one place to another.
Agreed. Mobility is one of Fornite's best features from being able to scale large structures via building to vehicles and items like the grappler giving you a much needed edge in battle, or redeploys getting you out of a situation, Fortnite's mobility and fast paced action is what makes it super fun.
vrKAdeS.gif

J18qhzP.gif

ivoxCmH.gif

I haven't even gotten to the part where every vehicle feels very polished, properly weighty, and accessible, which is especially notable in the BR genre where vehicles tend to feel incredibly floaty and janky.

That line in the patchnotes felt very out of touch. Getting flashbacks to that time they tried to nerf building by cutting mats in half.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Vaulting redeploy was something the game needed dearly. Building was getting out of hand because there was no consequence to building up.

Vaulting quad crashers was dumb though, map is too big for it to just be hoverboards.

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
As False Witness said this will likely go free to play at some point this year, but I'd say it's worth it to get it now on sale to become a "Founder" so that you keep getting the V-buck rewards on the daily quest missions and that sort of thing. If you're not a Founder then you will only get event tickets as a reward after this game goes free to play.

You have that correct that the pace of StW isn't as hectic as BR, but whereas in BR the players are unpredictable in what they do, StW has predictable zombie monsters that either want to get at you, or the objective. To make up for that the game throws waves of monsters at you, often from different directions, that can quickly become overwhelming. But if you play smart you can use that predictability to your advantage... that is until you get to the really high power levels of the game, then the monsters can one or two hit you before you even see it coming!

To survive at the very high levels this game allows a great deal of customisation to suit your play style. Sure there are the basic classes of hero that you will play, but then your support team allows you to pick and choose how you want to buff your main hero. Then the weapons are customisable as well, and you can tweak their abilities along with leveling up their strength so that it again fits your play style. Example: Do you tweak your weapon to have a larger magazine size so you can keep shooting bullets longer, or do you tweak it so that the gun re-loads really quick... a not so obvious choice, but what if you also had someone in your support squad that gave you a buff every time you re-loaded the weapon? It's stuff like that which I really appreciate about the game, because you can explore many different customisations so that you get the most out of your hero for how you want to play. You don't have to work on just one hero, you can have several different types on the go to change things up if desired. Then you have the support squads that are also customisable in how you have to choose if you want to give a little buffs to your health or shields or weapons or traps and that sort of thing... so if you like the micro-management style of game, then StW is probably for you.

However, the downsides of the game is that in order to do all of that tweaking and customising, you require specific resources and materials, which means there is a lot of grinding in this game and the grind is real. The farming you have to do never goes away, although there are ways to help lessen the farming required, but even then at some point you will run out of certain resources and then you will have to farm for more. There are four "zones" in this game that you progress through, and each zone has a nice narrative story you progress through that will help build you up so you can then advance to the next zone... but as of right now, there is no narrative story for the last zone. You just arrive and then pick and choose whatever missions you feel like running that day... quite often you will be choosing those missions that have the resources you are missing as rewards. Also, a lot of the heroes you may want to slot into your support team will not be available right away, and you will have to wait until they come around again in the in-game store, or offered again in an event. Like the Halloween heroes as an example, you probably won't see those again until Halloween... so just something to keep in mind. Tip: Buy every legendary hero you can out of the store even if you think you won't ever need it. Just get them as they only cost in-game gold and not V-bucks... something I wish I had done when I first started playing.

Anyway... just a few thoughts about the game, as a great deal more can be written, but basically you get out of StW what you put into it. For the cost of the game right now on sale against how many hours of entertainment you will get out of it, then it is more than worth it to jump in now before it goes free to play... especially for all those sweet sweet V-bucks! ;)
Thanks for your time summarising your take, appreciate it a lot.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, the mechs do suck but I found joy in playing solo and racing to them with other then as soon as 2 of us get in, I self destruct killing the other dude

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, can you use a gamecube controller w/ Fortnite on Switch? I'm assuming no.

I'm sure it works, but you'll miss several buttons to play it (one shoulder button for building and stuff, the minus button for the map). The D-pad on GC is pretty crap and you need that too (inventory, switching material, marking and emote/quick chat)

33 damage with all those shots.... :/

Yeah, bloom has been insane for me lately too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have they nerfed/removed mechs yet? These are worse than the infinity blade imo.
That's definitely not true. I got an easy solo win with the infinity blade, definitely can't do that with the brute.

Also, hot take, but I think the mecha are the most refreshing thing in Fortnite since the biplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.