• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Mechs are OP. There's literally no counter for 10 misses raining down on you.

I dont see them removing them from pubs but they should really only be in an LTM tbh.

Epic should at least remove them from Arena so I can enjoy one mode without shitty overpowered casual catering bullshit.

Last edited:

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Mechs are OP. There's literally no counter for 10 misses raining down on you.

I dont see them removing them from pubs but they should really only be in an LTM tbh.

Epic should at least remove them from Arena so I can enjoy one mode without shitty overpowered casual catering bullshit.

They have an obscenely short target distance so if you're still dying to these you're just way too close.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
That's not always an option. Especially when rotating to a small circle with under 10 people left and there's some jackass in a mech camping the zone.

Yes this. And especially in Arena, fights don't go down that quick. So higher chance of a mech just stomping in and cleaning up.

What also frustrates me when a Mech third parties is that sometimes people just ignore it and try to kill me instead, when really we should both focus on destroying the Mech. It's fighting deep in storm all over again. Just screwing everyone over.

Also with the removed mobility you'll need a launch or shockwaves to get a chance of getting away.

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
Another sniper, really? Wtf is going on with this game anymore? I just don't understand what Epic is doing with the meta between this and the mechs.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Seems like the easiest change in the world to just disable them in smaller circles similar to the vents. Would make avoiding them far more viable at least. Then they can adjust the rockets and health/shielding as needed to make them not cancerous. Wish they would tweak this new Limited Time Mission system, still super annoyed at it. Plus the weekly challenges are a fucking drag now but at least they aren't time locked.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised. Seems like the easiest change in the world to just disable them in smaller circles similar to the vents. Would make avoiding them far more viable at least. Then they can adjust the rockets and health/shielding as needed to make them not cancerous. Wish they would tweak this new Limited Time Mission system, still super annoyed at it. Plus the weekly challenges are a fucking drag now but at least they aren't time locked.
The fact that they respawn is so dumb. Let two spawn in the beginning so the 6 year olds can have fun fighting over them and once they get blown up they're off the map. I'd be okay with this.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
They need to take out the last 1 or 2 that spawn towards the end of the game at the very least. Very fucking annoying just getting blasted to smithereens when you've fought your way to top 10.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
They unvaulted the double barrel shitty?! Fuck yes!!
Tilted Town is a pretty creative twist to the map. TBH I think its cool that they can have separate locations with different rules/modifiers. I wonder if they plan on doing something similar for the other old locations. If Greasy Grove is permanent ice feet that'll suck though.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
w key is by far the dumbest term ever invented

It is so unintuitive to say compared to push or rush

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Woof. Just got my umbrella by abusing the hell out of the Mech. Honestly, I find them super fun and fairly easy to counter by running for them and doing the self destruct, but folks are not confident enough to do that. I shredded like 4 or 5 of the top 10 just by launching missiles in a random direction. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, but it's getting vaulted asap.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Tilted Town is a fun twist on the map. Kinda makes me wish the game did have a smaller TDM and DM modes where you perhaps only played at certain POI's with no building. I'd imagine having 6v6 tdm's or 8 free for all's could be very fun when restricted to certain POI's, especially in this season which is supposed to have many POI's switching in and out.

I'm indifferent to the mechs. They honestly seem great in Solo and Rumble because they're pretty easy to deal with there, but they've been definitely annoying in Duo and Squads, they're a bit too much to deal with when piloted by two. They probably need to adjust the health of the mech on a mode by mode base so they can timely be handled with within each mode. Perhaps a overall hp nerf and give it some kind of hp recovery mode, that way the fight with a mech can be more fair to fight in every single encounter but you still have a way to keep the mech viable for multiple encounters. Though perhaps only a nerf to the missiles is enough cause that's the only thing that seems OP about them atm imo.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So, since I've done the B.R.U.T.E. Squad missions, I'm not missing out on anything timed, right?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that Epic accidentally messed up and used the STW versions of the objects in Dusty Depot? Apparently that was a thing before the meteor hit, and Epic still haven't fixed it.

Anyhow, I'm inclined to agree that removing all the mobility stuff was a bad idea. Aside from the fact that the baller swinging is just plain fun, players don't need to be constantly in fear of the circle, the circle just needs to be able to force players into a smaller area over time, and it's still effective enough to do some serious damage to anyone too reckless enough to actually put off heading for the safe zone.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Mechs have completely killed my drive to play this game. They're not that bad in solos, but they completely ruin duos/trios/squads (which is what I play 95% of the time). Outside of any time-limited challenges I'm not playing until they're gone or nerfed into oblivion (in which case they might as well be gone). It's a bummer because I have a bunch of free time right now and had really started getting back into the game hard at the end of last season, woke up at 5am to play on Season X launch and maaaan.

They're fine in Rumble, and I'd actually argue they could maybe put MORE of them in Rumble since they go down so quick in that mode with the large team sizes, but they need to not exist in anything that's not a big team or LTM mode.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
LOLOLHAHAHAOMGWTFBBQ

What a fucking joke. The fact that they're leaving them in comp is a disgrace.

EBjJZG4W4AcRoGd

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
It's so incredibly obvious that they spent a lot of time and effort on mechs and are desperate to not remove them as a result, but they're total dogshit and this does absolutely nothing to address it. When the casual AND competitive community has been more unified and loud about the mechs than the sword or planes and they still won't ditch it it really says something lol. Fuck, I saw more people arguing that them removing siphon and mats on kill was a GOOD thing then I've seen anyone defend mechs (which is virtually no one).

What an absolute goddamn shitshow and disgrace. Even as a filthy casual who is terrible and has more or less shrugged at all of the big past uproars I just outright don't want to play this game anymore right now.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
It's so incredibly obvious that they spent a lot of time and effort on mechs and are desperate to not remove them as a result, but they're total dogshit and this does absolutely nothing to address it. When the casual AND competitive community has been more unified and loud about the mechs than the sword or planes and they still won't ditch it it really says something lol. Fuck, I saw more people arguing that them removing siphon and mats on kill was a GOOD thing then I've seen anyone defend mechs (which is virtually no one).

What an absolute goddamn shitshow and disgrace. Even as a filthy casual who is terrible and has more or less shrugged at all of the big past uproars I just outright don't want to play this game anymore right now.
I think they want to leave the door open to making radical changes to the game in the future as well.
Yes basically this. I'm also guessing that there a couple of things happening internally where there is discussion as to how much they actually want to let competitive play affect/limit the game compared to how much of a return it gives. They invested a lot of money in the WC, but was it THE event of the year? My guess is that there's some disappointment there, I'm not sure that there were any significant financial gains from it. They have also reached a point where they may be unable to get new players, so the focus is on relapsing old players that stopped out of frustration or at least started playing less and less.

The answer to me seems simple in that they should just let competitive have it have its own lootpool; doesn't have to be large changes but things such as the Mechs are obvious. However, since the higher ups most likely see it as just a marketing tool they want the commotion that's happening now, even if it's negative it's still free promotion. And someone may see Bugha be taken down by a mech and think 'wow I can now defeat worlds best player'

I've also imagined that there's probably a couple of people there who come home to their saddened kids who couldn't get a win in daddy's/mommy's game that day and 'well daddy/mommy is gonna fix that for you' and they come up with these things :)

If I sound a bit frustrated it's because I probably am. I've kinda dropped out of playing the game as much as I used to, back to once a week for an hour or two, but I still want to see it hit its full potential. And for the competitive players they're just wasting it right now.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Do the people who are 'driving' it each week change anything about the mission?

I only played twice, but the vehicle stops x amount of times triggering some mini mission your team has to complete before it starts moving again. All the missions are the same, but their order is different. There's some new dialogue but no new heroes or weapons from what I can tell.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Hit the Road is mostly just a way to farm tickets since you don't get tickets in Wargames anymore.

Edit2Add... It looks like the story dialogue will change depending on which character is featured. Last week it was about the how and why they are hitting the road, and this week featuring the Crackshot character the dialogue is a bit more humourous. It's still the same dialogue each time you run it until they feature a new character... so it might change up each week.

Last edited:

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Spent most of the night in arena and it was really nice not having to deal with Mechs. The spawn rate is so low they should have just removed them entirely. Sucks that they're being stubborn when 99% of the competitive community wants them out.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to another POI coming back this week. The map changes for S10 launch were so weak I end up just dropping Tilted Town like 50% of the time in solos because it feels new and different.

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
Man I'm still trying really hard to get better at this but I'm no where near as good as I am playing other BR games like PUBG or Apex I just can't figure out the building combat aspect any tips or video I should watch would really help..

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm still trying really hard to get better at this but I'm no where near as good as I am playing other BR games like PUBG or Apex I just can't figure out the building combat aspect any tips or video I should watch would really help..
Rebind your building keys to your extra mouse buttons if you have them, especially wall and ramp, being able to quickly put those down when you get shot at is a huge help.

Status
Not open for further replies.