• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me they should have kept the sentry turret in to counter the mech, it'd be perfect and eliminate a lot of complaints I think.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Another rift beacon is right outside the soccer stadium ... wonder what they plan on doing with that area. It's one of my favorite spots to land :(
That place is kind of funny in Rumble when it so often becomes the centre of massive battles even though you'd imagine the Viking village or tilted would be more popular (when those are in the safe zone)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, haven't been able to score wins at all for the last two weeks, but throughout today's session of collecting all the challenges I managed to pickup 7 solo wins (and the rogue squad win). Seems like I'm still only able to get wins when I'm not going for them. Relatively easy challenges this this week, last week seemed way more time consuming. So far I think I like the new mission structure more than previous iterations. The fact that I don't have to turn on the game just to claim a daily mission and only have to be in a rush to complete the limited time mission once a week is nice as well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just came in third in a solo match by launch padding to a brute, trying to hijack and SD it then realizing there were two people in it teaming.

cool cool cool

Oct 25, 2017
The mech complaints are overblown as far as I can tell. Apparently their internal stats show it doesn't even have a huge impact on a match. I tend to love drastic changes personally. I haven't messed around with the mech enough to know if I like it though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally got to 200 solo wins 😁

Between those, duos and squads I'm at 288 but solo is my main mode.
The mech complaints are overblown as far as I can tell. Apparently their internal stats show it doesn't even have a huge impact on a match. I tend to love drastic changes personally. I haven't messed around with the mech enough to know if I like it though.
The mech complaints are vastly overblown and just another example of how whiny lots of the fortnite community are to changes.

I have killed more mechs then have killed me and it isn't that hard to do. Just keep your distance and if you feel like you need to take one on keep a lot of space and just unload your AR into it and you will shred it in no time.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the mechs aren't that bad in solos (unless people are teaming which is a different issue). Like, it's still kind of dumb but not broken or anything. If I only or mostly played solos I probably wouldn't even care.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I found a new grotto I had never seen before in Save the World. This was in TP in a desert biome and at the start it looks like you are going down into a mine but then it just looks like a dead end. If you punch through the wooden floor near the start, you go down another level, but again it looks like just another dead end. However there is room to build and if you build up two ramps and look back you see the grotto and in there the walls are covered in mushroom plants. After clearing it all out I got more than 30 herbs out of the place!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The mechs are total BS. "Doesn't affect the statistics at all" my ass. So fun going against a mech with a shotgun and a grey pistol in squads. Totally fair. Super fun. Just take some distance, lulz. People are just being whiny bitches for no reason, yeah.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The mechs are total BS. "Doesn't affect the statistics at all" my ass. So fun going against a mech with a shotgun and a grey pistol in squads. Totally fair. Super fun. Just take some distance, lulz. People are just being whiny bitches for no reason, yeah.
Your going up against a mech with a pistol, what do you expect to happen? Lol

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Your going up against a mech with a pistol, what do you expect to happen? Lol
I didn't "go against it", it came to me and I could do nothing but try to fight for my life. I even luckily found two bounce bombs, but the mech could just reach me with a single jump even though I tried to put some distance between us.

Out of all the additions to the game, the mech is the fucking worst so far. Not even the early plane without its nerfs has anything on this fucking thing. Those were annoying but didn't make me want to drop the game. The mech does (in duo/squads, it's a bit more tolerable in Team Rumble, haven't played solo with it)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I didn't "go against it", it came to me and I could do nothing but try to fight for my life. I even luckily found two bounce bombs, but the mech could just reach me with a single jump even though I tried to put some distance between us.

Out of all the additions to the game, the mech is the fucking worst so far. Not even the early plane without its nerfs has anything on this fucking thing. Those were annoying but didn't make me want to drop the game. The mech does (in duo/squads, it's a bit more tolerable in Team Rumble, haven't played solo with it)
Maybe don't land near a mech in future so you have time to get better weapons. Even then sometimes you can have a bad match where someone lands before you or gets a lucky shot off etc. That's part of the game, not everything goes perfectly every match and you have to adjust accordingly.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I've been scumbagging it in Team Rumble the last few days. I've been partied up with an idle alt account just to collect that extra 400xp per match. My only regret is that I didn't think of this much earlier.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
After a bit of advice.....

My son is desperate for the Ikonik skin and Scenario emote. There's some sellers on eBay who are selling it but obviously will need his Epic account login details to apply it to his account. There's some out there who have positive feedback for these skin/emote transactions but I'm still a little worried.

Has anyone here bought this off eBay before?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

My son is desperate for the Ikonik skin and Scenario emote. There's some sellers on eBay who are selling it but obviously will need his Epic account login details to apply it to his account. There's some out there who have positive feedback for these skin/emote transactions but I'm still a little worried.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to transfer emotes and skins to other players other than gifting them in the store so I would never give out my personal log in details to another person.

Sounds dodgy af.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Never give your personal log information to anyone.

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

Obviously I'm fully aware that I should never give out account info and I'm 99.9% not going to go ahead with this purchase.

The only thing going in it's favour is that the seller has hundreds of positive feedback for this EXACT transaction.

The Ikonik skin and scenario emote are Samsung Galaxy S10 exclusive and the seller logs into the Epic account on his phone and the items get added to the account that way.

I appreciate the responses though.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the replies.

Obviously I'm fully aware that I should never give out account info and I'm 99.9% not going to go ahead with this purchase.

The only thing going in it's favour is that the seller has hundreds of positive feedback for this EXACT transaction.

The Ikonik skin and scenario emote are Samsung Galaxy S10 exclusive and the seller logs into the Epic account on his phone and the items get added to the account that way.

While the account may have good feedback, it doesnt mean they arent being shady.

Just best to never do anything like that, especially with Fortnite as its full of scammers wherever you look online.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for the replies.

You're better off purchasing an S10 from a store like Target or Walmart and redeeming the skin on the device and then returning the device a few days later. This is also extremely looked down on but that's about your only semi-legit way of doing it.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
New item, junk rifts. They insta kill a Mech. They also go through any build in it's way.

Welp, get ready for more whining from Fortnite player

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Won my first match of the day because the last guy killed himself with a junk rift. He probably thought it was a rift to go, lmao

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

New throwable is awesome, got a fun kill with it in Team Rumble. I like how it clips the guy without crashing at his location lol

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

New throwable is awesome, got a fun kill with it in Team Rumble. I like how it clips the guy without crashing at his location lol

Yeah, I thought it would be OP, but it's basically an upgraded Air strike (which was garbage). You can't build to protect yourself, but it's relatively easy to dodge.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got my third ever solo victory last night using a mecha lol. I just used the mecha to hide in the shadows and behind buildings until the circle was tiny and there was one guy left.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Whover's in charge of making weapon wraps needs to step it up. Some are fine, but I feel like most of the ones I would actually buy are wrapped around the weapon terribly or or are stretched awkwardly over the mech.

I got my third ever solo victory last night using a mecha lol. I just used the mecha to hide in the shadows and behind buildings until the circle was tiny and there was one guy left.

Yeah, I'm not competitive at all and I've gotten multiple wins this season from just camping out until the last couple of circles with the mech.

Won my first match of the day because the last guy killed himself with a junk rift. He probably thought it was a rift to go, lmao

That's hilarious.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these deal x amount of damage after using a launchpad challenges, I seem to hardly ever get them showing up in game for me

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these deal x amount of damage after using a launchpad challenges, I seem to hardly ever get them showing up in game for me
Play rumble. People leave them everywhere.

Now the prestige challenges this week are lame. They aren't hard but they all require doing something with 30-60 seconds of landing out of the battle bus. Kept having to Drop > Do challenge > leave match. Meh

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe don't land near a mech in future so you have time to get better weapons. Even then sometimes you can have a bad match where someone lands before you or gets a lucky shot off etc. That's part of the game, not everything goes perfectly every match and you have to adjust accordingly.
I didn't land particularly close to a mech. I went to Hamlet and the mech was a bit North or North East of Polar Peak (with the next safe area not in the direction of Hamlet either, so it's not like the players with the mech made the obvious choice of heading to a place they could spend time looting).

And no, the mech being horribly unbalanced, n00b-friendly unfun crapfest is not even close to being the same thing as landing and someone getting better weapons. That's just luck and while something like going against another horribly unbalanced weapon (combat shotgun) is annoying, you DO have a somewhat realistic chance of beating someone with better weapons with skill & some luck. Going against a mech with a grey pistol is beyond annoying. Especially in squads where you can't even counter the mech well if there are other enemy team members focusing their fire on you so either you build walls to shield yourself from snipers & assault rifle fire (meaning you can't shoot at the mech) or you try to destroy the mech ASAP, which leaves you totally open to all other kind of fire.

The mech is shit. This isn't "just pros being whiny little bitches who are never satisfied and can't accept change". The pros have accepted a lot of new things and at least tolerated most everything else, especially after some nerfs. But the mech. It's horribly balanced in every way. The overpowered missile launcher, the ridiculous reach of the jump + boost combo, the boost alone is cray, the ridiculously powerful air-stomp, the insane rate of fire of the shotgun, it's fairly durable outside of Team Rumble, the fact that you can gather material superfast so if/when the mech is destroyed any half-decent player will probably have 2000-3000 materials.

Even Epic's own _OFFICIAL_ reasoning to it is to give a bit of a Win Button to less skilled gamers because everyone deserves a trophy for participation. That's fucking horrible game design It's no fun gathering weapons & materials for 5-10 minutes, maybe winning a couple of firefights in the next 5-10 minutes and then die to someone aiming in your general direction a hundred meters away and pressing a button for a couple of seconds to send an armada of nigh-on unstoppable missiles towards you that fly in an unpredictable manner and can make weird twists & turns near the end of their flight that circumvent any defenses you might have..

The mech is ok for Team Rumble because grouping against it is a valid strategy + dying isn't such a big deal but for a one-&-done duo/squad, it just ruins the fun because controlling the mech requires near zero skill beyond being able to use the controller/KB+M half-way adequately and as such any deaths against it feel much cheaper than anything before with not much you can do to counter it, most of the time.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Mech is finally getting some changes made:

Here are the nerfs:

• Maximum rocks in a single charged down from 10 to 6.
  • The rate at which rockets are fired decreased by 56%.
  • Rocket explosion radius reduced by 42%.
  • Increased dash cooldown from 3 to 5 seconds.
  • Decreased air boost velocity by 33%.
  • The mech no longer grants materials when destroying the environment around it.
  • Spawn rates have been decreased in normal modes as well as Arena modes.

There are a couple small buffs to offset some of these big nerfs:

• Decreased material cost of the gunner's shield from 200 to 75.
  • Increased mech health from 1000 to 1250.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo! Moisty is coming back? Just saw the rift zone machine next to the gas station in the desert!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The mech nerfs make it significantly more manageable. Like I still don't think it should be in, but not because it's broken now, but because it's just kind of dumb. Still a big upgrade over being totally broken and unfightable most of the time unless positioning and loadout favors you.

That said I think the damage is done for me, 4 weeks of the mech has been enough to really sour me on the game combined with the really shit map changes they've made so far (I'm indifferent about Tilted but everything else has been terrible), and I just really really don't trust Epic at this point moving forward with a lot of their choices and how terrible their PR and public reasoning has been on multiple occasions now. Daily STW logins and battle pass vbucks more than pay for the pass so I'll probably still finish out this season's pass via challenges once a week but I don't know that I'll even bother next season unless we get some really significant positive changes.

Yooo! Moisty is coming back? Just saw the rift zone machine next to the gas station in the desert!

It was pretty mid-tier but I miss prison for nostalgia reasons, it was for me what factories was for a lot of people :(

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty mid-tier but I miss prison for nostalgia reasons, it was for me what factories was for a lot of people :(

Yeah, I liked the film set, but that's because I started playing in season 4 and always landed there to have a safe start. Hopefully Prison is also back.
Depends on the rift zone gimmick too though. I'm just glad stuff are starting to happen away form the middle of the map too.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
My damned computer got fried in a power outage. No way now to get any play a match with a friend stuff done easily. Fuck. It will be a while until I can really put funds into a replacement.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
No Moisty, Fortnite X Borderlands. Never played that game, but the the new area looks cool (the graphics change style when you enter the zone).

They nerfed turbobuilding though and people are flipping out. Didn't play long enough to notice the change myself.

Edit: oh shit, they re-vaulted the Drum Gun? Loool!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.