• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so ? Do you press a button/key everytime you want to place a building or do you just hold ? That's the difference.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Turbo building just means holding the button to build more of the same tile. The nerf is to keep people from boxing in too much (holding the button to build walls over and over again when people shoot at them). Now some shots will get through or it can be easier to steal a wall since the first build isn't nerfed.

For 90s, the issue is for the two walls that are at 90 degrees (ramp and floor isn't affected since they are different tiles). They don't pop up as quick and mess stuff up for people. Turns out I'm too slow for this to affect me, lol.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
The moving circles were the smartest change they ever made to this game, very sad I can only play with them in ranked solos and trios now, probably the worst change about this patch.

Mixed feelings on the building change - turtling was WAY too strong and was making the game quite unfun but just regular building feels pretty clunky right now.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They removed the moving circles? What the fuck is Epic doing? That was absolutely one of the BEST changes to Fortnite they've ever done. That way no one could have the luck of the upper hand of simply being the first to where the final circles end at and already having a fort there. Like, maybe they could've slowed down the circle a bit, at most, because as is it was really easy to be caught by the storm (especially if there was a steep climb ahead of you) but removing the moving circle altogether? That's just dumb dumb.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Can Fortnite keep the Borderlands art style? The black outlines are actually improving the visuals. You can spot players much easier.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a while this morning. The bubble shields are way too fucking good, especially for two to drop at a time. You can only blow up the emitter from the inside and they last 30 seconds, team inside can shoot in but nothing can penetrate from the outside. Attackers are fucked at mid to long range completely, especially since people will almost always drop the 2nd one. What an insane decision. At the bare minimum they need to allow shots from the outside to damage it's health/time, which as far as I can tell it doesn't currently do?

Also as a console pleb who is bad and couldn't do 90s if my life depended on it, the new build delay actually sucks. We were having problems with builds failing to place occasionally just building straight ramps up or bridges etc. It's....not good. I'm not sure if this was the intended effect, but this also has had the effect of making miniguns really good now because you outright cannot wallspam someone minigunning you, you will take hits. We did rumble for a bit and I was tagging people constantly and way more than before who were trying to wallspam. Not sure how I feel about this one either way.

Pandora is a good fit and great little zone, but they probably need to nerf the shield regen in there, it's absolutely bananas. All in all though the game just continues to push me away with baffling decisions, and it's also a perfect storm of streamers starting to move to Minecraft/WoW etc. Fortnite will continue to be top dog for a long time even if they continue to make bad decisions, but I'm just really enjoying it less and less over time even though I'm the bad player they're supposedly catering to. I can't think of the term I want to use, but the game just feels too busy and overcomplicated now. I absolutely do not want vanilla Fortnite back or them to revert to a specific point in time, but they're just continuing to throw way too much stuff out too frequently that's too wacky or broken or weird for my tastes.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
They should just make Arena even more hardcore and barebone and call it For Glory. Then they should unvault everything in normal mode and call it For Fun. There, problems solved.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny seeing all these turbo builders have a meltdown.
I mean, anyone not playing with turbo build is actively throwing really, both on pc and console. You're literally just introducing extra inputs for no benefit by not using it. The problem with this patch is that it just slows down building for everyone, non-turbo builders are just less likely to notice this because they are slowing themselves down in the first place.

Well, I'm not actually sure if it's literally only turbobuilding affected in the game atm and you could theoretically build faster without, but that matters little as the blog post already explained they will further enforce this building speed with followup patches.

Enforce rate of fire for contested pieces
  • If a building piece is destroyed:
    • Server waits 0.15 seconds before allowing rebuild
    • Players attempting to rebuild the destroyed piece during that 0.15 seconds are added to a list
    • There are several potential ways to pick the winner we're exploring:
      • Coin flip between people not currently owning the building piece
      • Coin flip between everyone trying to build
      • Favor person currently owning building piece
    • At end of delay, place building piece
Seems to me that they want building and delays in general to be slower, therefor this isn't specifically targeting turbo builders, but just people that build fast in general.

As for my opinion so far, I can see what they're going for and I'm not completely opposed to the idea, however it definitely feels like they went to far with this build nerf. They say that they don't wanna dramatically impact how responsive building feels, but it definitely feels like they failed on that part in this current build.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
I think turbo building was too strong as it was, but now building feels clumsy as fuck. Builds come out sloppy, if they even come out at all.

Wild that Epic still don't have a test server to help iron out these changes before they go live.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, anyone not playing with turbo build is actively throwing really, both on pc and console. You're literally just introducing extra inputs for no benefit by not using it. The problem with this patch is that it just slows down building for everyone, non-turbo builders are just less likely to notice this because they are slowing themselves down in the first place.

Well, I'm not actually sure if it's literally only turbobuilding affected in the game atm and you could theoretically build faster without, but that matters little as the blog post already explained they will further enforce this building speed with followup patches.

Seems to me that they want building and delays in general to be slower, therefor this isn't specifically targeting turbo builders, but just people that build fast in general.

As for my opinion so far, I can see what they're going for and I'm not completely opposed to the idea, however it definitely feels like they went to far with this build nerf. They say that they don't wanna dramatically impact how responsive building feels, but it definitely feels like they failed on that part in this current build.

I'm sorry? Actively throwing? What does that mean?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Turbo build delay reverted!

This seems like a good compromise.
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/turbo-build-delay-update

With the replace delay turtling is not an option and wall-takes aren't based on Ping. win-win
Seems like a fair compromise. I've been suggesting the delay between building pieces in the same location for ages so i'm all for that and this also helps people keep that muscle memory from practicing 90s, waterfalls, etc. Seems like a win-win.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, that's the most logical choice. Fornite community is still trash though, bunch of crybabies.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, not sure how I feel about taking walls being a coinflip, I'd rather have more predictable gameplay. Whatever though, the awful delay is gone, very glad they didn't wait too long to revert that change.

I'm sorry? Actively throwing? What does that mean?
In this case it means actively choosing a control scheme that can objectively be argued to be worse and it flat out requiring more inputs meaning that it would be detrimental to not change it on any skill level, not just high ones. I guess it's similar to a console player not switching to the builder pro control scheme. Sure you can prefer certain controls, but when certain actions are simply not possible or slowed down on that scheme you're artificially limiting how well you could ever play the game. So it's fair to say there were encounters that you lost and could've won because you didn't turn on turbo building and that you effectively threw that match because you aren't using a tool that's provided to you.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, not sure how I feel about taking walls being a coinflip, I'd rather have more predictable gameplay. Whatever though, the awful delay is gone, very glad they didn't wait too long to revert that change.

In this case it means actively choosing a control scheme that can objectively be argued to be worse and it flat out requiring more inputs meaning that it would be detrimental to not change it on any skill level, not just high ones. I guess it's similar to a console player not switching to the builder pro control scheme. Sure you can prefer certain controls, but when certain actions are simply not possible or slowed down on that scheme you're artificially limiting how well you could ever play the game. So it's fair to say there were encounters that you lost and could've won because you didn't turn on turbo building and that you effectively threw that match because you aren't using a tool that's provided to you.
if you don't click on an option you potentially didn't know existed, you deserve to lose

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
if you don't click on an option you potentially didn't know existed, you deserve to lose
I hope you realize that's completely your spin on that sentence and is in no way the point being made there. I also don't see why you would have such a negative view on such a neutral statement, not making use of all the tools provided to you puts you into a disadvantage state versus other players that are. It's just a logical conclusion. You not knowing or deserving something are completely irrelevant to that matter imo.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not making use of all the tools provided to you puts you into a disadvantage state versus other players that are. It's just a logical conclusion. You not knowing or deserving something are completely irrelevant to that matter imo
geez it's almost like this insanely cartoonish game caters to and is balanced around children who don't care too much beyond what the default options are offered on their respective platforms and just want to have fun. who woulda thunk!

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
geez it's almost like this insanely cartoonish game caters to and is balanced around children who don't care too much beyond what the default options are offered on their respective platforms and just want to have fun. who woulda thunk!
Ok then. I think you would do wisely to read into the context of the conversation before reacting in the future, cause your reaction seems completely irrelevant to the conversation that was being had. Unless you actually only wanted to jump on a single sentence and make a statement about Fortnite being for children, in which case, good luck with that.

lacer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok then. I think you would do wisely to read into the context of the conversation before reacting in the future, cause your reaction seems completely irrelevant to the conversation that was being had. Unless you actually only wanted to jump on a single sentence and make a statement about Fortnite being for children, in which case, good luck with that.
okay, to bring it back to the original context, i'm gonna stick to the idea that not enabling turbo-build doesn't automatically equal throwing

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Was playing some Solo tonight, and I got my first Junk Rift elimination. Felt very satisfying.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, the new Gun-game LTM is really fun. Very high pressure but fun. Hope they bring this one back. My only complaint is the circles can be in part parts of the map.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I'm being trolled by epic...

Claim vending machines....THERES NO FUCKING VENDING MACHINES ANYWHERE
They always drop the likelihood of challenge related things appearing. If they have some "eliminate players with grenade launcher" good luck getting a grenade launcher within less than 20 games.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Land in the same spots you know there are vending machines every match.
I went to Frosty Flights and did the challenge in 6 matches.
There's one between the hangars and one by the revive van

That's what I was doing!

Every match it want there, id travel to the next spot and none there either lol

Ended up getting done travelling the snobby/haunted hills side of the map took about 10 games

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Land on that mountain just north of Pleasant Park. You can check to see if at least one of 6 possible machines spawned that round just in that one single location.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
As someone new to STW how do I get these? Do I need to be a certain level as I haven't played much

Not counting your log in bonus, which is 300 every fortnight (either 150 for two weeks, or nothing one week, and 300 the next), you generally get:
A daily challenge per day which gives 50, and you can have 3 of these at any given time.
100 for completing a set number of missions.
100 for completing a set number of storm defense missions.

The last two just repeat, so when you do them, you get the v bucks and start back at 0 out of however many missions completed.

I was going to suggest the collection book, but they apparently took away the v buck rewards from that back during the Food Fight LTM, which sucks, as you could get two lots of 500 v bucks in next to no time with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.