• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
As someone new to STW how do I get these? Do I need to be a certain level as I haven't played much
Basically, vBucks are given out as a mission reward in one or two missions in one of the four main areas instead of the crafting material you would usually get. You have to have the required area unlocked and have the appropriate level requirements for the mission. Other than that, anyone can access them.

Here is the website I check after the store refresh each night to see if any missions have vBucks as a reward: https://www.stormshield.one/save-the-world

You should be able to get the 25 available in Stonewood if nothing else.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for explaining, I think I need to spend time unlocking more areas as I'm sure I only have part of the first one done so I can take advantage of all these free vbucks

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I've kind of fallen off from STW. Played it fairly regularly for almost a year but then I hit Twine Peaks and the rewards are just such shit (unless there's one of those "4x evolution material" missions going on and even then that lasts you for all of 5 seconds of evolving) & the amount of work you have to do get through those missions when you don't have a reliable team playing with you where everyone does their part, it just becomes too much grind for very little reward & progress. I went on a trip for 1,5 weeks in the beginning of August and just haven't really gotten back into STW after that. I've logged in everytime I go play Battle Royale to get the daily rewards & go use my accumulated Research Points (Offense & Tech are Max LVL, Health & Shield are around lvl 70-80).

Doesn't help that there's no story tied to the region so it's just an über-grind all the way through. More of the frustrating kind than challenging & fun one. Also doesn't help that all the half-decent rewards are tied to the harder "4 players recommended" storm missions where even a single absent/crappy no-good player can ruin it for everyone at Twine Peaks' level, unless you've wasted thousands of materials & crafiting shit to make such unpenetrable defenses that you can do it with fewer than 4 players (or have good luck with the location of the thing that needs protecting). After which you have to spend the next 10 missions to get your material supplies anywhere near to what they were before.

This newest seasonal story thing is also very unappealing, so that has probably played into my apathy towards returning to STW, especially since the first game I tried of the limited time event bugged out and we couldn't advance after a certain point because some satellite part or whatever didn't spawn and we got stuck. Yay for buggy mission shit that STW is riddled with.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised me too, I thought it was only from Solo, Duos and Squads. I know you can't get it from Team Rumble, but maybe from certain LTMs.

Right, it's probably the same thing with the stats. I used to play only LTMs, but there are only a few victories registered under the stats. All the big team modes probably don't count, but things like Arsenal, Trio, classic weapons, sniper shoot out etc. do.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Double barrel and bow are easy, the real pain in the fucking arse was the crossbow. Hated when I would get to that, slow and imprecise af.
Crossbow is what I meant. I didn't even think of the Boombow because that's like an instant shot to the heavy shotty.

My problem with the Double Barrel is that I would always end up away from everybody when it unlocked for me and when I did hit somebody dead on, it would be like only one or two pellets hit.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Crossbow is what I meant. I didn't even think of the Boombow because that's like an instant shot to the heavy shotty.

My problem with the Double Barrel is that I would always end up away from everybody when it unlocked for me and when I did hit somebody dead on, it would be like only one or two pellets hit.
Ah no worries.

Yeah that can be frustrating, having a close range weapon straight after long range ones was tricky.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
Non-arena game modes are super shit right now. Non-moving circles, 8 mechs on the map at the same time, just really fucking shite.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Non-arena game modes are super shit right now. Non-moving circles, 8 mechs on the map at the same time, just really fucking shite.

We had a game in Squads last night that had 5 mechs spawn at the start which I legitimately did not even know was possible. Then I played a few games this morning and the new island is complete trash.

I'm going back to Battlefront 2 until Borderlands 3 hits lol.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
We had a game in Squads last night that had 5 mechs spawn at the start which I legitimately did not even know was possible. Then I played a few games this morning and the new island is complete trash.

I'm going back to Battlefront 2 until Borderlands 3 hits lol.
No word of a lie I played a game tonight where there with EIGHT mechs on the map in the THIRD circle. Game is a joke right now.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
What did they do to the island? The machines were at Fatal this week, right?

And didn't they say they were dropping the number of mechs per match? 8 seems worse than even in the beginning...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Giving us a day to do a "open 7 chests at this location" challenge is some scummy bullshit.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
What did they do to the island? The machines were at Fatal this week, right?

The floating cube island is back.

Giving us a day to do a "open 7 chests at this location" challenge is some scummy bullshit.

Really, shit, I have to jump in for a couple of games now and the rest tonight.
But are the last challenges really necessary though? Are they part of some "do all limited time challenges" thing or do you only get 1000xp reward?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The floating cube island is back.

Really, shit, I have to jump in for a couple of games now and the rest tonight.
But are the last challenges really necessary though? Are they part of some "do all limited time challenges" thing or do you only get 1000xp reward?
This last daily challenge of the week gives 2k exp which is important imo if you want to get to level 65 this season for the origin Ultima Knight style. I'm shooting for it anyways.

All the exp challenges will add to up to a few levels when all is said and done, which means less grinding otherwise.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
This last daily challenge of the week gives 2k exp which is important imo if you want to get to level 65 this season for the origin Ultima Knight style. I'm shooting for it anyways.

All the exp challenges will add to up to a few levels when all is said and done, which means less grinding otherwise.

Ok, yeah, I get that, but two rounds of Team Rumble gives you over 2k xp. It's less of a struggle than getting the 7 chests in a day if the entire servers go to that place each game. I'll do it anyway because I want to do every challenge, but at least I'm not missing out on much if I fail.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, yeah, I get that, but two rounds of Team Rumble gives you over 2k xp. It's less of a struggle than getting the 7 chests in a day if the entire servers go to that place each game. I'll do it anyway because I want to do every challenge, but at least I'm not missing out on much if I fail.
Sure, makes sense.
I just did the challenge in 30 mins anyways which isn't bad(and picked up experience getting kills in those locations) but it's still a bitch due to the rush.

I see no reason to miss out on big exp chunks that require little effort I suppose.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank fuck.

I loved using it but damn was it Op and was all anyone ever used, I can't remember the last time i was killed by something else

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. While pump has been fairly essential in the past, even at its peak it was nowhere near the kind of all around game ruler that combat wombat shotty has been all these months. It was still only a close combat weapon that requires skill & a little bit of luck with RNG/lag + could leave you vulnerable to a counter-attack when/if you didn't hit well right away. Combat will just melt everyone in 0.5 seconds with its range & rate of fire.

I feel incredibly liberated by this, now I can have all kinds of different weapon loadouts and not feel like I'm gimping myself if I don't pick up a combat shotgun. Recently it's always been "combat + assault rifle + maybe some third weapon like sniper rifle or explosive weapons if I see one". Even the drum shotty will be a little less useless now.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck, I stopped playing a week and I see both shotguns are gone. Also Suppressed Assault is back.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason traversal emotes don't work for me so getting that travel dancing emote challenge is gonna get frustrating. Anyone else with the same issue?

edit: Nvm. Just got the challenge done lol

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had to go searching for this, yeesh. Anyway, somewhat relevant to the topic of Fortnite but I noticed there was literally no mention of Fortnite in Apple's keynote for both Apple gaming (or whatever it is called) and iPhone 11. They were pretty big with it last year when showing off the graphical capabilities but is it just not that interesting anymore to show off? However this could also just be because of Apple's exclusive gaming thing so they didn't want to move focus away from that?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
So they added back two of my favorite POI's ever (Greasy and the Prison)! But Greasy is a fucking dumpster fire with the taco bullshit (which I will admit is legitimately hilarious to watch but is absolutely infuriating to actually play in), and the Prison is ruined with the prop hunt bullshit which also affects Paradise which was probably my favorite current drop that wasn't already otherwise affected by some rift bullshit this season.

Even ignoring the mech and other balance issues that I think a lot of people have, there's just way TOO many total gimmick locations now. It's a fucking mess. I can't wait for a high dollar tournament match to have a final circle where people are forced to taco dance or accidentally turn into chairs. I don't take the game super seriously and appreciate wacky bullshit, but it's just too much right now in too many spots. I miss when most of the zany shit came from solid POI changes, not dancing and locations being turned into boring rift zones or literal holes in the ground. This season feels like it's been going for 84 years and we still have like 3, 4 weeks left? Fuck me. I feel obligated to finish out the pass/challenges since I paid for it, but I'm gonna need some substantial changes to stay on board for season 11 that aren't off the wall wacky bullshit. I feel legitimately bad for people playing professional and in the cash cup tournaments etc.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I just want normal Fortnite back to be honest.

That's not to say it's not been fun or I haven't enjoyed what they've done so far but it's the sort of thing that's fun for a while then gets boring fast.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Played a round of squads, one of the only times I've played it this season. The end storm was at Tilted and some squad WILLINGLY went there. Needless to say, we nailed them pretty easily from the western hill that isn't affected, since they couldn't build any cover and were running in the middle of the streets.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yep, tired of this gimmick stuff. Also, they bring back Greasy, my favorite POI ever and change the layout.. it's like a double whammy of frustrating.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? We got that Tac SMG back and that has to be worth it for how off this whole season has felt. Of course, that could be entirely my fault. I was getting loaded in StW before the new season hit, so I went ahead and bought the 25 tier pack so I could take it easy. I didn't really take into account that it was basically like skipping 5 weeks worth of challenges instead of skipping all the level based tiers. Of course, I play a lot of rumble, so I hit level 65 really early on and haven't had anything to really work towards like in previous seasons. I still play a lot because I enjoy just hopping into rounds, but I don't really feel motivated to play.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 47 and really want to hit 65 for the top tier knight skin.

The community is going to look real silly when/if these mechs are part of the story after the amount of uproar they've had over them

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having to reach 65 during the season is fucking shit, why would they walk back on this
I know exactly why. But fuck them.

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
This season is the first time I've felt like quitting Fortnite. I really do love the core of the game and I also love the weird bullshit and events but this season has just been fucking wack - half the map is shit.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I might have to hit some of y'all up later to try and get these stupid friend challenges done now that my computer decided to fry itself so I can't just dual screen with my wife.

What's the deal with prestige challenges? Are they just as unpopular with the community as friend challenges?

They usually aren't much harder than regular challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.