• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Imagine whining about others playing the game like they want to. Still complaining day in and day out
Imagine that
Thank you!

I play with one of my nephews who is good at the game but doesn't play much now but he gets pissed at the weirdest shit.

Someone will kill him and he starts raging about them being sweats and practicing in creative all day or questioning why they acted in an unexpected way as if its some rubbish tactic and i just say "well it worked didn't it?"

Its essentially making excuses to insult the opponent and put them down when what it really is them being pissed that they got killed.

Is getting beat by someone frustrating at times? Of course, but no matter how good you are there will always be some 12 year old better than you. If you have to start making obscure excuses for why it's anything other than them simply beating you, maybe give the game a miss.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute, has the next season been delayed EVEN MORE? Am I crazy or wasn't it supposed to begin tomorrow or the day after that, after being delayed from October 6th?

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Wait a minute, has the next season been delayed EVEN MORE? Am I crazy or wasn't it supposed to begin tomorrow or the day after that, after being delayed from October 6th?
It was always one week delay, from October 6th to October 13th. Overtime missions are starting today.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all the sweats that have migrated to Team Rumble are at least keeping me in practice for my upcoming umbrella hunt.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Red Eternal Voyager pickaxe and glider are bugged currently and there is a white style for the Scientist skin is you equip it and listen to all of the Voyager tapes at the rocket station.

No mention of the Scientist skin in the game itself, of course, same as all the helmets last season.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long shot but don't suppose there's a Samsung user willing to part with a Glow skin code? I don't play the game, its for my niece who is addicted but I'm a filthy Apple user.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The white scientist skin equipped automatically right after the recordings ended, right in the middle of a match. I like it better than the black one.

Fingers crossed there's a red one !

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hopped on to knock out all the remaining challenges.

Team Rumble is full of nothing but sweats now. Dunno if it's a result of sbmm scaring people out of core modes into Rumble, an end of season thing, some combination of the two or something else but goddamn. Played like 4 or 5 games and every match almost every time I died people were emoting, teabagging, 360 no-scoping etc. Had TWO games in a row where there were multiple people staying just outside the circle *in the storm* specifically blocking off multiple people trying to get a recording that was just outside the circle in Gotham. Played a few solo matches, and I'm pretty awful (3 solo wins since season 3, I think I barely have a 1.0 k/d?) and it was all sweats. Like I was doing okay most of the time, but from the absolute get-go everyone was in super serious mode and there were no scrubs.

Season 11 is gonna have to be something real special to get me back on board I think. I hate sbmm in core modes, even as the bad player they're trying to cater to; the reason I like BR games is the total roll of the dice every game. If I wanted to sweat nonstop every game I would be playing Arenas, or honestly a ranked mode in a different game; Fortnite changes so often that the though of grinding out and trying to git good at it like I would most other games is hilarious to me. And if Rumble or whatever big team mode is gonna be full of sweats now because they can't just clap most people in core modes then I don't want to play that anymore either. I feel like I'm straddling a weird line where I'm not super casual/bad/5 years old, but I'm also not good enough to hang with the good build/edit people, and I'm unhappy about the super frequent changes/nerfs/location changes so I don't feel any motivation to try to actually grind to break through that next level. The fact that it's forced crossplatform sbmm is also insane; I looked at who killed me in every solo match I played and it was a PC player every time (I'm on PS4), and god help the kids playing on Switch with the framerate/tech disadvantage.

I really really love a lot of things about Fortnite, but they totally shit the bed this season IMO. Plus too many seasons of *too* many changes and gimmicks for my liking. I'm still gonna be there for the event on Sunday, and I will still check out season 11 because there's no reason not to and I want to be impressed, but I think I may be about done here. I honestly hope they surprise me.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Solobbos I remembered you didn't unlock the 5 stages of Singularity because you didn't know they exist so I wanted to remind you and everyone else here that you can get the white stage of the Visitor now:

More precision when clicking on the Dusty Depot console in the final step, you need to wear the visitor skin + his cape to see them change in real time when activating the console.
Some tlaked about anotehr stage with a destroyed/scarred visitor but no one knows how to unlock him. I will post updates here if I get any.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The event on sunday may unlock an extra style
I didn't have to wear the cape to unlock the styles, just used the skin

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when the patch will be going up for Season 11? Like, Sunday morning 4 AM or something?

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Solobbos I remembered you didn't unlock the 5 stages of Singularity because you didn't know they exist so I wanted to remind you and everyone else here that you can get the white stage of the Visitor now:

More precision when clicking on the Dusty Depot console in the final step, you need to wear the visitor skin + his cape to see them change in real time when activating the console.
Some tlaked about anotehr stage with a destroyed/scarred visitor but no one knows how to unlock him. I will post updates here if I get any.

Thank you so much for this! Might've missed it this time too. <3

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could unlock 5 (I think) extra colors for singularity by finding helmets scattered around the map, but there was nothing hinting at them or nothing to track them

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You could unlock 5 (I think) extra colors for singularity by finding helmets scattered around the map, but there was nothing hinting at them or nothing to track them
😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

Why am I only hearing about this now. Have you fellow Era Fortnite peeps failed me? Why don't I remember any talk about it in this thread? Oh well, what's missed is missed. Not like I even like the Singularity skin all that much (partly because of the fugly colours... maybe the additional colours would've been better 😱 )

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fortnite-singularity-style-cuddle-398x398.jpg

Fab as hell

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Were they added at the end of the season? Could explain why I didn't have them since I don't remember if I played all that much in the last days/weeks leading up to Season X.

I only show up for the live events since it's next to impossible for me to get a kill nowadays.
Even in Team Rumble? It would probably be good practice.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't remember for sure when they added the helmet, but I'm almost sure you could get them as soon as you got singularity which was at 95 (?) fortbytes

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

Why am I only hearing about this now. Have you fellow Era Fortnite peeps failed me? Why don't I remember any talk about it in this thread? Oh well, what's missed is missed. Not like I even like the Singularity skin all that much (partly because of the fugly colours... maybe the additional colours would've been better 😱 )
Yep, one set for every part of the mech. Unlisted, which is absolute bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Just hit level 63. I need like 20K more XP to get to 65 and finish everything. Going to be a grind...

I only show up for the live events since it's next to impossible for me to get a kill nowadays.

Try playing again, the skill-based matchmaking for sure is in effect. I won 2 squads games yesterday with complete randoms. The other players felt like potatoes.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like next update will be called Fortnite: Chapter 2 based on a leak from the Italian iOS store.

A new map with boats!

EGmyWMuX4AEFLTR

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Boats with squads could be pretty fun, excited to see what changes are gonna be put in place.

On a side note, sbmm has definitely stepped it up a gear. Was fine at first but recently games have been super sweaty. I suppose having over 300 wins with 210 for solo is gonna put me in the proper sweats lobbies though. Everyone is just on you constantly and you hardly have any time to breath.

Managed to get a win today though which I was happy about.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Boats with squads could be pretty fun, excited to see what changes are gonna be put in place.

On a side note, sbmm has definitely stepped it up a gear. Was fine at first but recently games have been super sweaty. I suppose having over 300 wins with 210 for solo is gonna put me in the proper sweats lobbies though. Everyone is just on you constantly and you hardly have any time to breath.

Managed to get a win today though which I was happy about.
Could just be procrastinating pros who've been lazy throughout this season due to the mech & other shenanigans coming back to try to finish up challenges prior to the next season, skewing the games more heavily towards sweatiness.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Could just be procrastinating pros who've been lazy throughout this season due to the mech & other shenanigans coming back to try to finish up challenges prior to the next season, skewing the games more heavily towards sweatiness.
Yeah true, but the concentration of good players has definitely gone up for me. Like I'm not the best but can normally handle myself but now nearly every fight I'm having to go all out and focus on everything since they are on my arse constantly.

Not complaining or anything, just taking some getting used to. Managed to get another solo win though with 7 kills so starting to get the hang of it.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I've missed every event after the rocket launch in Season 4. Want to check out this upcoming one and.. it's happening in the middle of my commute, rip.
Wonder how shitty Fortnite runs on my phone, haven't tried it but I'm considering downloading it just to catch this event.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna miss tomorrow's event. If only I didn't find a theater playing the Breaking Bad movie >.>

Hope both the movie and event are awesome

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda shocked we haven't heard anything about patch timing, and also that we haven't had any substantive leaks yet besides the one.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This SBMM update has ruined the game for me.

I have 10 wins total across multiple seasons and my final solo games are like the Fortnite champs finals, even players in the early game are building masters throwing up structures and building all over me

Status
Not open for further replies.