• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
So, as a console/controller player, do I match-up against pc players with mouse and keyboard, or console players with mouse and keyboard (if that is even possible)?

I see people building and editing on me and I just can't believe that's being done on a controller.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So, as a console/controller player, do I match-up against pc players with mouse and keyboard, or console players with mouse and keyboard (if that is even possible)?

I see people building and editing on me and I just can't believe that's being done on a controller.
I dunno if it's that or if Squad matchmaking is all kinds of whack but we encountered some insane players during the weekend. Weekend night games can be sweatier than during the week but, like, those were on a whole different level. We were just getting annihilated in almost every game (even my little brother who's played at some fairly high European level in many competitive shooters on consoles). They didn't just feel like better players in the past but indeed like people who aren't playing on a controller.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
With the matchmaking changes made late last season you will be in a lobby with all platforms and input methods.

That's ridiculous. Even if there are a few top level PC players who play with controllers, that doesn't mean that most controller players should be put against people with a keyboard & mouse, especially in something as obscure as skill-based matchmaking. Someone might be really good against other controller players but when they have to deal with the level of precision & speed that kb + m offer, not to even mention the possible framerate/performance/draw distance advantage, there's just no contest most of the time.

Crossplay was a mistake if this is where it leads to more generally. :/

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
Epic just need to move the "s" in skill based matchmaking. Because whatever platform you play on, someone who can only get one kill a game is a person who can only get one kill a game. It's no hard to workout. Even if you have 240fps with max draw distance and can build like a God, it makes no difference if you can only get one kill a game.

But, of course, there are less people getting 10 kills a game, and they would moan about the limited pool of players. So they invented bots to artificially increase the pool of players. Because God forbid they actually balance the game 😂

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
ll8t84euf2u31.png

Looks like there were some pretty big XP buffs with today's patch.

Also, do they not release patch notes anymore? It's kinda weird.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
ll8t84euf2u31.png

Looks like there were some pretty big XP buffs with today's patch.

Also, do they not release patch notes anymore? It's kinda weird.
So have people seen hat they have upped the amount of XP given I assume?

Any concrete numbers?

Seems like they arent giving patch notes as you mentioned which is really annoying.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Any concrete numbers?

Seems like they arent giving patch notes as you mentioned which is really annoying.
Combination of datamining the new values and people reporting increased xp from chest, kills and such. Copied it from reddit.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017

Any concrete numbers?

I just got around 235 xp for opening a chest, before it was about 75xp

EDIT:
From reddit

XP Gain overall appears to be highly buffed with this update!
  • New xp rates; chests 215 xp, kills 255 xp, ammo box 190 xp. u can get 10k xp in a match probably
  • Punch Cards now give MORE XP! Before: 2000 & 4000 XP Now: 8000 & 16,000 XP
  • It appears you get 52000 XP from each challenge now

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Challenge xp tripled
Punchcard xp quadrupled

lol, how do you fuck up so bad
also

🙈
I just got around 235 xp for opening a chest, before it was about 75xp

EDIT:
From reddit

XP Gain overall appears to be highly buffed with this update!
  • New xp rates; chests 215 xp, kills 255 xp, ammo box 190 xp. u can get 10k xp in a match probably
  • Punch Cards now give MORE XP! Before: 2000 & 4000 XP Now: 8000 & 16,000 XP
  • It appears you get 52000 XP from each challenge now
Sounds pretty good.

Have to see how that works out long term but better then it currently is.

Been playing a lot since Chapter 2 came out and im only at level 20 BP.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
A little bit less than supercharged XP. Pretty damned good. I'll probably put more time in after doing my punchcard now. I immediately stopped playing once that was finished each day because the XP was significantly worse. Instantly demotivated.

I honestly don't know how much more or less I was getting compared to previous seasons. I bought the 25 tier pass (which I started doing last season just for the extra free time to play StW or other games instead) and am currently at level 46. I was getting 3-4 tiers in a couple hours during the supercharged weekend and with XP rates being so similar right now. I can see myself getting a tier or two a day not counting weekly challenges.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo all of us who already completed the first two challenge cards SOL now basically or is up retroactively granted?

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Good, but you still need to play 3+ games everyday to fill the punch cards.
They should put more ways to get medals, or make every level of a medal worth 1 point for the card.
And fix the bugs were the medals you get aren't registered.
Soooooo all of us who already completed the first two challenge cards SOL now basically or is up retroactively granted?
It seems that the first two challenge cards were not changed and still give 14000 xp for challenge.

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
XP changes are great - that fixes my biggest issue with the season. Yes, I still have concerns over crossplay and I find the bots boring, but those aren't as huge of an issue to me.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The leaks kind of make it look like old battle pass skins might be going up for sale. Granted, I rarely look at leaks, so I'm probably just misinterpreting some of the stuff in the mega image. EDIT: Seems like some random old stuff just got thrown in by accident.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The leaks kind of make it look like old battle pass skins might be going up for sale. Granted, I rarely look at leaks, so I'm probably just misinterpreting some of the stuff in the mega image. EDIT: Seems like some random old stuff just got thrown in by accident.
Yeah I was a little shocked when I saw that in there.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XP changes are great - that fixes my biggest issue with the season. Yes, I still have concerns over crossplay and I find the bots boring, but those aren't as huge of an issue to me.
I think the bots are an overblown issue. Like you can play a standard match and have a bit more of a chill time or you can play arena if you want and get a more competitive match. It's nice to have options honestly.

ballisticola

Nov 1, 2017
I think the bots are an overblown issue. Like you can play a standard match and have a bit more of a chill time or you can play arena if you want and get a more competitive match. It's nice to have options honestly.
That's not the issue. The issue is that they claim it's to make better players. It can never do that. A working matchmaking system would.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly just find them boring because they present literally no challenge. I'd rather see regularly players.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Glad they fixed the xp, much better.

Did however have a glitch where a players footsteps suddenly stopped making noise so they managed to sneak up on me without me hearing which was bullshit.

Edit - happened in the match after now, occasionally hear footsteps or chests but 99% of the time nothing. Gonna restart to see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could turn off cross play for ps4. Making it to the last team just means I'm facing god tier pc players and get wrecked every time by someone who builds the Tower of Babel in 2 seconds.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I wish I could turn off cross play for ps4. Making it to the last team just means I'm facing god tier pc players and get wrecked every time by someone who builds the Tower of Babel in 2 seconds.
Is Solo the only mode that allows you to turn off cross-platform play? I tried to do it with Squads, wouldn't let me. Team Rumble wouldn't let me either. I haven't tried Duos but I'm sure it won't let me for that either. At least I can somewhat stand a chance in Solos with it turned off.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I super have a hard time trying to tell where people's footsteps are coming from. I'll hear obvious footsteps but I can never tell where its coming from and half of the time I feel like I lose because I get blindsided by an enemy that I distinctly heard coming but couldn't quite tell what direction. >_<

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Gotta say I'm not enjoying playing on a switch and facing people with perfect aim and can construct a mcmansion in half a second. Just spectating them after they kill me just shows that they're on a completely different level, and obviously using a mouse.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
What are the patch notes for STW?

WILLOW - THE NEW OUTLANDER HERO!
Willow focuses on ability eliminations to generate a Phantasm, and Health loss to gain strength.
  • Standard Perk:Ghoulish Cackle
    • Ability damage is increased proportionate to player Health missing.
  • Commander Perk:Ghoulish Cackle +
    • Ability eliminations have a chance to summon a Phantasm which seeks out nearby foes and explodes, dealing damage in a small radius.

Gravedigger assault rifle in the shop, and a new Questline with 8 missions in it set in a hotel.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is Solo the only mode that allows you to turn off cross-platform play? I tried to do it with Squads, wouldn't let me. Team Rumble wouldn't let me either. I haven't tried Duos but I'm sure it won't let me for that either. At least I can somewhat stand a chance in Solos with it turned off.
I'm pretty sure you can't even turn it off for Solo. The only option is to disable cross platform parties. And I believe that means your own party, not everyone in the whole match. This is why you can't join Squads/Duos/Rumble but you can still join Solos, because you aren't in a party for that. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that it says "Limited Pool" in Solos when you turn off cross-platform parties.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I'm pretty sure you can't even turn it off for Solo. The only option is to disable cross platform parties. And I believe that means your own party, not everyone in the whole match. This is why you can't join Squads/Duos/Rumble but you can still join Solos, because you aren't in a party for that. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that it says "Limited Pool" in Solos when you turn off cross-platform parties.
That's super upsetting. I'd try to play on PC with mouse and keyboard but I still get bodied, so I'd rather not have that experience playing on the PS4 against mouse and keyboard users when I'm expecting everyone to be using a controller.

I'll just be thankful when Modern Warfare comes out Friday so everything will be controller-only if you're using a controller. I'll just have to get my Battle Royale fix somehow. I still enjoy Fortnite but I never expect to actually get a win, which is why I primarily play Team Rumble where the stakes are lower.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
That's super upsetting. I'd try to play on PC with mouse and keyboard but I still get bodied, so I'd rather not have that experience playing on the PS4 against mouse and keyboard users when I'm expecting everyone to be using a controller.

I'll just be thankful when Modern Warfare comes out Friday so everything will be controller-only if you're using a controller. I'll just have to get my Battle Royale fix somehow. I still enjoy Fortnite but I never expect to actually get a win, which is why I primarily play Team Rumble where the stakes are lower.

Have you tried solo this season? I am super casual, I mainly drink and play on the weekends and I already have 3 solo wins this season and a few other really close calls. The bots make it so much easier just because there are way less people who can kill you now, so it is really relaxed just hoping in getting some good items and finding somewhere to hide until the final hill. I went from stopping playing halfway through last season and thinking I was done, to being super excited to get on every night. Especially now that they upped the xp to being super generous.

Oct 25, 2017
WILLOW - THE NEW OUTLANDER HERO!
Willow focuses on ability eliminations to generate a Phantasm, and Health loss to gain strength.
  • Standard Perk:Ghoulish Cackle
  • Commander Perk:Ghoulish Cackle +
    • Ability eliminations have a chance to summon a Phantasm which seeks out nearby foes and explodes, dealing damage in a small radius.

Gravedigger assault rifle in the shop, and a new Questline with 8 missions in it set in a hotel.

Does not seem like much of a big deal. I already got gravedigger like 2 years ago lol

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, really noticed that xp upgarde. Went up three level in 5 games.
It was supercharged for a while, why is that?

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Damn, really noticed that xp upgarde. Went up three level in 5 games.
It was supercharged for a while, why is that?
They had a supercharged XP thing this past weekend but I think they gave some sort of grace period on it for people who weren't able to log in during the weekend. I say that because I didn't play at all over the weekend but was getting supercharged XP Monday night and Tuesday.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
They had a supercharged XP thing this past weekend but I think they gave some sort of grace period on it for people who weren't able to log in during the weekend. I say that because I didn't play at all over the weekend but was getting supercharged XP Monday night and Tuesday.

I actually maxed out the supercharged weekend, went up 7 levels. It was insane today though, with opening a chest giving 800xp or something.
Won a solo and got over 50 000 xp for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.