• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tips to get the "open 7 ammo boxes in one game?

Also how do you get the 8 letters in the loading screen?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For the Ammo Boxes best bet is just try to find a POI that is fairly dense with stuff and hope you can find enough. That one is mainly a just a luck thing. As for the loading screen thing each mission you finish and by mission that means the entire collection of all 10 objectives rewards you with a loading screen on each of them it shows a part of the map that contains one of the Fortnite letters hidden in the picture somewhere.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For the Ammo Boxes best bet is just try to find a POI that is fairly dense with stuff and hope you can find enough. That one is mainly a just a luck thing. As for the loading screen thing each mission you finish and by mission that means the entire collection of all 10 objectives rewards you with a loading screen on each of them it shows a part of the map that contains one of the Fortnite letters hidden in the picture somewhere.

Thanks, and how do you find that letter? Isn't like you can interact with that loading screen

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, and how do you find that letter? Isn't like you can interact with that loading screen
Its just hidden in the picture somewhere. Once you unlock it just go to your locker full screen it and scan the picture until you find the letter then go to that spot in a real game to find the letter. Alternatively if you aren't down for playing picture hunt games to find the location of the letters there are as you'd expect tons of guides online to show exactly where they are.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Man, 5 whole tiers on a non-challenge, non-supercharged day. That's freaking great. I like that you're actually getting rewarded for just playing matches this season now.

At tier 55, so I'm finally feeling pretty comfortable.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

My tip is to land Misty Meadows and hope that no one else lands there since their at like 20 buildings and usually at least 1 ammo box per building.

Man, 5 whole tiers on a non-challenge, non-supercharged day. That's freaking great. I like that you're actually getting rewarded for just playing matches this season now.

At tier 55, so I'm finally feeling pretty comfortable.
Tier 55 in the first 2 weeks of the season is pretty damn great lol i've barely had time to play so i'm only at 18 :(

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it before, but I've been going with the 25 tier pass the past few seasons since I play a lot of StW and have tons of Vbucks stored up. It's still 30 tiers since it released last week.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I placed a trap next to a chest in the new slurp area and I got 10 kills with it. It was hysterical to have the medals keep popping up all match. I had no idea that they reset after each kill.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Almost lvl 32 on the BP and this weeks challenges are all done along with Hazard.

With some good luck and playing rumble, this weeks challenges were the quickest to do. I only had to play one solo game to get a kill at Retail.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow the new STW event questline is fucking brutal for my level, I legitimately wasn't expecting lvl100+ missions. Even my Ninja regen build isn't holding out all that well against the husks.

I realized that the key to unlocking rank 5 upgrades was to do Twine Peaks storm shield defense 4, and geez, I had to grind quite a bit for fucking planks of all things because I needed so many spiked floors for my trap tunnels. The Twine Peaks storm shield area is kinda brutal, the firebombing basically makes it significantly more difficult to plan trap tunnels in certain areas, and for some reason the final wave in Defense 4 spawns back to back smashers.

On the bright side, that shit is done and fucking dusted. Bad news, however, is that now I gotta grind fucking bottles to upgrade my heroes and schematics, which is weird because it used to be raindrops that were the bottleneck before.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all I fully understand how Epic has made so much goddang money from this thing now. I have to have spent at least $70 since the season went live on skins. I can't help it though... they are all so fucking cool looking. >_>

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My son just had his first game of chapter 2 and got 19 kills and won...everyone was a bot lol.

my Lobby had actual players in, feels bad man

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Really enjoying this season

The map is such an improvement and I think removing most of the vehicles has had a net positive on the gameplay.

Also enjoying the bots and having kids think I'm a pro cause I can rock 8+ kills no probz this season lol

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow the new STW event questline is fucking brutal for my level, I legitimately wasn't expecting lvl100+ missions. Even my Ninja regen build isn't holding out all that well against the husks.

I realized that the key to unlocking rank 5 upgrades was to do Twine Peaks storm shield defense 4, and geez, I had to grind quite a bit for fucking planks of all things because I needed so many spiked floors for my trap tunnels. The Twine Peaks storm shield area is kinda brutal, the firebombing basically makes it significantly more difficult to plan trap tunnels in certain areas, and for some reason the final wave in Defense 4 spawns back to back smashers.

On the bright side, that shit is done and fucking dusted. Bad news, however, is that now I gotta grind fucking bottles to upgrade my heroes and schematics, which is weird because it used to be raindrops that were the bottleneck before.

PL 116 survive the night is giving me a lot of lightning in a bottle just for finishing. around 40 each playing solo

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I freaking love the progression in the Battle Pass this season. Unlike every other season, I finally feel free to pursue Tier 100 at my own pace. I'm not artificially blocked in any way. Before, it felt like you were waiting for weeklies to make any real progress. You could get a tier or two ahead by leveling, but you were never going to make any significant strides with it. This season though? Already hit tier 75. That's 50 tiers before the second week is even over.

Hell, I've actually been spending a lot of time in Save the World instead of only grinding PvP. There have been vBucks missions nearly all week long and the event storyline to go through.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 30 I think but that's mostly because I've only played on one day this week. It was a longish session on Friday. And by the end of the session my exp amounts weren't a whole lot better than before the exp boost (I think 3400 was the lowest). Getting one level outside of challenges/medals can still take (over) ~20 games, which is still way too much (this early into the season).

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly play Rumble and make sure I max out both the scavenger and battle medals each match. I also try to get as many firsts as I can because those are like 350 XP each or something. Basically, I spend the entire first storm circle looting and opening as many boxes as I can.

Ranged kills give quite a bit of bonus too. Are there any bonuses above Ludicrous Shot?

I average roughly 15,000 XP a round. 20,000 was my max (I think, nonpunch match), but I think I got a lot of firsts that round and cleared most of Pleasant Park and Risky Reels, probably a high kill match too.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, have I mentioned that the resupply mission type in STW is the worst mission type for doing solo? It's deceptively demanding of you in terms of what you're required to do within a short amount of time, there's little time to actually do anything else.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I played BR and for the first time in a while I actually had an enjoyable experience. I think the matchmaking being substantially improved was a big factor. Did not run into the crazy pro builder type of player. Actually had friends who enjoyed it as well. There were definitely some bots in the mix, but it did not ruin the fun at least. Ended the night with a win. I have not much significantly since like season 3 or 4, maybe even earlier.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly like having bots in these games, mainly because it greatly increases the chances that I can actually get kills outside of Team Rumble. And that's a good thing, since Team Rumble doesn't award as many medals, from what I can tell. Bots also make getting certain objectives like sniper kills a lot easier.

Though I got a win yesterday because the circle was on one of the mountainous regions, and I was in a sniper duel with a guy who was above me but he had his head poking out just enough for me to get a lucky headshot in. I just noticed that little bit poking out, aimed and fired, and suddenly I had won the match, I didn't realize he was the last opponent left.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
No new items? At least we get some LTMs for the first time this season.
I really liked the season at first, but I find it a bit boring now.
I love to be creative when I play and the streamlined weapon pool makes it a bit repetitive tbh.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
No new items? At least we get some LTMs for the first time this season.
I really liked the season at first, but I find it a bit boring now.
I love to be creative when I play and the streamlined weapon pool makes it a bit repetitive tbh.
Looks like a Harpoon gun may be added in next week that lets you pull players towards you.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
So glad they made the Storm King LTM PvE instead of PvPvE. So excited to get home from work and try it out. Looks like it can be a bit buggy at the moment, though.

Also, the amount of people begging for that Minty pickaxe is driving me crazy. People are paying crazy amounts for it on eBay when you could just wait a week and get one from GameStop for waaay cheaper.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The Storm King is probably going to be an easy W once everyone realizes to save turrets for the horns and final phase and that they only drop when destroying the husk spawns. We just melted him a few minutes ago with 12 players left. The rewards from this LTM are good too ... I like the umbrella.

Status
Not open for further replies.