• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is like... everyone doing the LTM now? Cause I'm getting "Queue is full" and the clock just keeps going and going without actually putting me in a group.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm stunned by how bad Chapter 2 is in almost every way. I have over 400 career wins, but whenever I check the replay to see how many real players are in the game I find out it was half filled with bots. They alone completely ruin the game by reducing the number of skilled players in a game and greatly bumping up your chances of winning. They also mess up the inherent caution you have to have when you land somewhere and see people landing with you at your spot. It's almost always three or four bots that are landing with me, not real players. The new lighting has somehow messed up the visual clarity of the game, it's harder to see what's going on. The bloom or the visual design of AR's firing feels way off and bad. The available weapons are so limited it gets rid of the creativity in forming a loadout that can work just for your style, and makes farming and searching less rewarding because after three chests you have a shotgun, SMG, AR, and some heals, and any further searching will only get you better grades of weapons.

Fortnite has been all I've really wanted to play for over a year now, so I'm real bummed about how this has ended up.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stunned by how bad Chapter 2 is in almost every way. I have over 400 career wins, but whenever I check the replay to see how many real players are in the game I find out it was half filled with bots. They alone completely ruin the game by reducing the number of skilled players in a game and greatly bumping up your chances of winning. They also mess up the inherent caution you have to have when you land somewhere and see people landing with you at your spot. It's almost always three or four bots that are landing with me, not real players. The new lighting has somehow messed up the visual clarity of the game, it's harder to see what's going on. The bloom or the visual design of AR's firing feels way off and bad. The available weapons are so limited it gets rid of the creativity in forming a loadout that can work just for your style, and makes farming and searching less rewarding because after three chests you have a shotgun, SMG, AR, and some heals, and any further searching will only get you better grades of weapons.

Fortnite has been all I've really wanted to play for over a year now, so I'm real bummed about how this has ended up.
Last I knew there were no bots in arena fwiw

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god. I can't find a decent group for the LTM to save my life lol. I've got to the final phase twice and every time were down to like 3 people by that time.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Battle Royale Update:

Save the World Update

I wonder if the Storm King fight in Battle Royale will be as insanely easy as it is in StW. I do that mission whenever I have to do three missions as a class or 3 in Canny.

Storm King ain't easy no mo in StW, at least not during this Fortnitemares event anyway... they buffed it and all the nuisance husks. Feels like a PL140 mission even though you only need to be PL116 at the high end.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, they've made the game way too barebones and the lack of changes, additions and such in these two weeks is making it feel even more so. Not that they need to bring new weapons/items every week but, like, maybe bring back some old well liked stuff already?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
How are you supposed to collect pumpkin coins or siphon energy in Mansion of Power? The games never fill with players in Creative mode.
You have to do Playground fill for the Creative stuff. You can collect the pumpkins on your own creative island though by just placing them and then starting a game and running over them.

I haven't managed to actually get the siphon stuff to work though, even when getting players to go into the mode in Creative.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Holy cow the Storm King LTM was brutal. All common or uncommon weapons except for the health bazooka, which saved me through the match.
I did it about 4 times and the closest I got was dying right before the second horn broke and then our team got wiped out with just 2 people left when you can normally damage the Storm King. One of them got knocked down and the other one was almost soloing the King but also ended up dying.

I really liked this mode, its a shame it won't be around for too long.
I'd love to do the regular version in StW but I'm nowhere near Twine (or is it Canny?) and I don't have enough supplies i don't think to take him on in the special area they opened.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
How are you supposed to collect pumpkin coins or siphon energy in Mansion of Power? The games never fill with players in Creative mode.
I tried for hours last night and no one ever joined. It really sucks. Also storm king is impossible. By the end there are so many zombies and he attacks so much and so hard. Once someone is downed they are just gone. I got down to the final horn twice and then the whole team got wiped.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I guess I got a really good team the first time I did the Storm King LTM. I beat the boss first try. People were always reviving and were on top of using turrets. We destroyed the second horn like the first time it popped out.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
You can collect the pumpkins on your own creative island though by just placing them and then starting a game and running over them.
Tried that and it didn't work. Is there some trick? I just placed a bunch, started a game, picked them up, and then exited the game.

Somehow got siphon and eliminations on the mansion in Playground. Nothing is working for pumpkin coins, though.

Barely got through the Storm King. I was last alive in his post-horns phase with about 1/8 of his health left and I just circle strafed my way around with an epic AR and barely got him before the horde took me over. Was intense. Turrets are key, as is healing/reviving.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Got the pumpkins to work playing by myself. Go to Creative and enter the Prop Hunt level. When it boots up you will be on the Hunter team, which can't collect pumpkins. Hit the pause menu and select Respawn and you will go to the next round where you are the Prop team. Now you can pick up the pumpkins and there are at least 15 in this level. Note that on your round as the Prop team you will have to wait around for like a minute for the pumpkins to spawn in.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Got the pumpkins to work playing by myself. Go to Creative and enter the Prop Hunt level. When it boots up you will be on the Hunter team, which can't collect pumpkins. Hit the pause menu and select Respawn and you will go to the next round where you are the Prop team. Now you can pick up the pumpkins and there are at least 15 in this level. Note that on your round as the Prop team you will have to wait around for like a minute for the pumpkins to spawn in.

You know what, turns out I was thinking of one of the challenges that came with the Wrath skin. Thank you for the tip for today's challenge.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I hope next season's Battle Pass is as easy to complete as this one was. I'm at 93 right now, so I'll be finished with it once I nab all the challenge XP that's going to drop tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
The madlads did it. Ghoul trooper in shop. Not gonna be rare anymore though I guess the OG's got that pink variant.
VSmA2DYphAZ0f4BgBD9iecRpKwBYesK-0Wt4orET_SY.png

Last edited:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The boss fight wasn't that difficult so long as you don't have a team full of idiots who just stand around in a group to be blasted into oblivion by a single beam.

The easy strategy is just to keep circling/strafing around the boss & _briefly_ stopping/slowing down to shoot at the weak spots while keeping a constant eye on its next move and if it's targeting you. When it throws something at you or loads the super beam move while it's facing you, stop strafing around the boss and turn to circle the boss while looking into the direction you're running at until danger is over, to run faster and keep away from the beam/boulders (these are also generally good times to kill some minions). Of course keep an eye on enemies too but the key is to KEEP MOVING and to keep an eye on the boss until it starts its next attack to make sure the boss isn't targeting you and to evade everything. Use its idle moments to either shoot at weak spots or enemies (if they are getting close/in your way or you need ammo/shield). Once the meteors start dropping, keep an eye on either the sky or the ground when you notice the meteor rain starting to see where they are falling and adjust your circling accordingly (I found it easier to look at the sky because I'm already looking up at the boss)

Get a bandage bazooka if you see one on the ground. Assault rifle seemed like the best weapon for this mode (I prefer burst in BR but for this boss I felt assault is the best). I'd perhaps pick up more than one AR just so that you don't have to load as often when the boss is stunned and you go for the horns. Rocket launcher is pretty worthless against the boss but maybe decent for some crowd control, though AR takes care of those pretty quickly too.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ok I thought the gas station challenge would be difficult but it's really easy. Just drop Pleasant playing duos and there is a gas station there.

The_Freeman

Nov 5, 2017
I swear they've upped the difficulty on the Storm King. I'd beaten him twice over the course of the past few days, but having tried for a third time today I swear he's got harder. He seems to hit the same spot twice with his storm breath now, which means anyone who was in the first blast has to hope that their teammates get them out there as quickly as possible or they're history.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
Is Mansion of Power going to be a LTM soon like Gun Fright? Only challenge I'm missing is the kill people in Mansion of Power, but it's always empty when I join the level.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Is Mansion of Power going to be a LTM soon like Gun Fright? Only challenge I'm missing is the kill people in Mansion of Power, but it's always empty when I join the level.
Do Playground Fill and then dance like an idiot near the entrance to it to try and entice people to go into that gamemode. You can usually get at least one or two to go in with you and stay long enough to finish each others challenges.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Apparently there's a Switch tournament for Japan that is going on tonight, which rewards the Dark Triceratops skin for free if you get 20 points (very low bar to clear). Around 10 AM PST is when it starts.

Sh0k

Oct 27, 2017
Just queue into playground with the fill option enabled. No guarantees you'll get somebody to follow you into the Mansion portal though. Just keep rejoining until someone eventually does.

I finished the challenge login in with my second account on my Switch and playing against my main account on my PS4. I don't know why they keep posting creative challenges when the majority of these user created games are super glitchy.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this trash UI on the Switch version. Just lost 450 V-Bucks because for some reason they decided to only on the battlepass screen swap the functionality of the A and B button. So I accidentally hit B to get out of the Battlepass screen which took me to the Buy Levels screen instead and because I remembered "Oh right, I have to cancel with A in this menu" I immediately press A to get out of that Buy Levels menu, only to find out they fucking switch the buttons back in that menu so pressing A actually bought the damn level.

I'm so aggravated right now. Earning the bonus V-bucks was literally my main reason for getting the Battlepass in the first place as this pass is pretty much trash tier imo. I was finally getting close to being able to afford something from the item shop again while still having enough for the next pass, which is basically gone now since 3 utter trash tiers actually sets you back 450 V-Bucks, nearly nullifying the actual bonus V-Bucks you could actually get from the BP in the first place. This is totally gonna bother me for the rest of the season, what a absolute waste, was already way past level 60 without a single doubt I'd easily reach the end.

And again this all happened because of trash UI decisions. Ran out of refund tokens a long time ago because of how ridiculous the item shop UI was back in the day, how was it acceptable to just have menu's where you could so easily make accidental purchases. And now they just switch the core functionality of a A and B button around in one specific screen right before a screen where you make purchases, the fuck you smoking Epic. Not even a 'hold the botton to purchase' or a option to quickly cancel, just a big middle-finger to my wallet. Bleh.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
That challenge for getting the pumpkin at the end of infurnim was terrible. It is so long and boring. I can't believe that they put that in. They need to never do creative challenges again. They are to glitchy and hardly anyone plays them.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Not even half way through this season and I'm already at level 50. And I mostly play on weekends!

Nice!! I still need to swap three survivors with legendary versions to get there, but they have remained elusive for at least six months now :\

Better grind that halloween candy ... the fortnitemares llamas have legendary survivors in them. I

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I already have extras of her and in the collection book. She is one of the best heroes in the game. Definitely grind it out for at least an epic version you can flux up

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Finally got my umbrella from beating the storm king last night. I was so ready to give up but my wife wanted to keep trying and and got an amazing group. Made it to the no horns part without losing anyone and everyone just kept throwing down turrets and hammering him. It was weird how easy it was that time and how hard it seemed every other time.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Is there a way to turn off cross play on PS4? Every time I try they essentially tell me I can't play the game anymore. Wtf?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they fix the XP gains to be less grindy yet? I did a few matches and jumped a few levels, because it's "supercharged", and I can't even see how long that lasts.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the XP gains to be less grindy yet? I did a few matches and jumped a few levels, because it's "supercharged", and I can't even see how long that lasts.
XP is SUBSTANTIALLY better. In the first week I only got like 10-15 levels. A few weeks later I'm around level 50.

Even without supercharged if you play daily you will fly through the battlepass.

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
Heads up Canadians, if you're looking for a merry mint axe code call or check your local EB, they'll give it to you if you buy anything related to Fortnite. I got a code yesterday after buying a $6 funko keychain.

Status
Not open for further replies.