• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's way, way better and if you log on today, you can do the Fortnitemares and Creative Curse challenges to get a lot of extra XP.

I got the 25 tier pass and I'm already at 125, mostly through playing. There are still like 4-5 weeks of challenges left, which will be 30+ tiers and then like a tier+ a day by doing the punch card each day with thirty days left at least.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its true, got to level 15 or 16 the first week but now I'm 68 I think.
It's way, way better and if you log on today, you can do the Fortnitemares and Creative Curse challenges to get a lot of extra XP.

I got the 25 tier pass and I'm already at 125, mostly through playing. There are still like 4-5 weeks of challenges left, which will be 30+ tiers and then like a tier+ a day by doing the punch card each day with thirty days left at least.
Yea I like some of the outfits with this current pass, but I might wait for the Christmas pass to start in December.
I'll see.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, the cosmetics themselves are really meh this time around. I only really like the slurp pickaxe myself out of the entire lot.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
How do I get people the join the Mansion of Power? Anyone here willing to help me grind the kills?

E: Nevermind, grinded 'em with my Switch Alt account.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played for a few weeks because I was kinda burnt out. Glad to see they increased the XP stuff.

Decided to try out this Storm King thing, seems super cool but impossible? 3-4 hours later I was never in a lobby that got even close? Like I'm actually kind of fucking annoyed, I'd like that umbrella but this seems super borked?

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Woooo... defeated the StW and BR Storm Kings within a couple of hours of the other!! :D BR takes longer, but in StW you have got to be really quick before the Storm King says fuck this and one shots everyone!

My suggestion for StW would be to forget rocket launchers, obliterators and all that (too easy to miss and too slow to shoot again)... quick fire / high damage is what is needed. Even the Blastotron mini is really good as I was able to pop a few crystals on my own with that thing when everyone else was on the other side.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
To do the StW Storm King daily I just cheese the lower level one by removing enough of my squad survivors to become level 88 again lol.
Decided to try out this Storm King thing, seems super cool but impossible? 3-4 hours later I was never in a lobby that got even close? Like I'm actually kind of fucking annoyed, I'd like that umbrella but this seems super borked?
It's tricky only because you need a good team that supports one another. It's not impossible at all, I probably did it on my 4th or 5th attempt.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
I feel that Switch and mobile players are simply too bad for the storm king, and I'm sure there aren't mixed lobbies like in the PvP

Yea I like some of the outfits with this current pass, but I might wait for the Christmas pass to start in December.
I'll see.
Now that challenges and XP boosts aren't tied to the battle pass, it's kinda easy to reach level 100 even without it, so one can wait until the last days of the season, when they're sure to obtain all the rewards, or enough vbucks back.
I mean, it's probably what they expect players to do, seeing that there are 300 free pass vbucks instead of 200 like in past seasons, with the last 100 being a reward for level 99.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Managed to defeat the Storm King on my 3rd try and it only took 17 mins. I will say, this has probably been the most challenging event so far.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
With 30 min to spare, I killed the Storm King. Turns out switching to the PC version got me way more competent team mates. :P

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just jump into a duo or squad and put a knocked bot next to a gas pump (pleasant park is easy)
Yeah so you have to find bots, then kill them before others, then have a gas station still up because other players are attempting the same shit
Nevermind the fact that there are 20+ people landing at pleasant in duo/squad

It's just the fucking worst. Worse than "destroy stop signs" last season

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so you have to find bots, then kill them before others, then have a gas station still up because other players are attempting the same shit
Nevermind the fact that there are 20+ people landing at pleasant in duo/squad

It's just the fucking worst. Worse than "destroy stop signs" last season

I did it with a friend. I just stood next to the gas pump with a bot on my shoulders while my friends blew it up with party assist on.
But yeah, it's completely crap. Tried it in i solo first and it was impossible, the range of that explosion is so small, it's slow and it doens't respawn.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is anything more hilariously pathetic at this point than people flexing with their freshly bought scythe ? mate everybody and their mother got that shit by now you're not impressing anyone

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I am playing Solo mode only now on PS4, it's very irritating to get matched against PC players with mouse and keyboard on Arena mode all the time.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Epic pr so lazy theyre just adding shit to the game and not even saying anything. A harpoon gun was added yesterday

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of patch notes is really shit
They'll probably give a "lore" excuse to it but it doesn't matter
It's so stupid. Just release patch notes, Epic. Hell, it actually got me more engaged in the game. Made me want to boot the game right up and try even the smallest of changes.

---

I don't know what happened, but the game is damned near unplayable right now for me on my PS4 Pro. Constant frame skips and generally poor framerates all around. It worked so fine before a week or two ago.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Same for me. Not just frame skips but, like, there's a brief pause and then game nudges forward by a second or two due to the game not taking all my inputs and that screwing my maneuvering. Like, I mean to jump on a platform of some sort and I'm almost positioned/angled in a way that the jump should succeed but while I'm making my final adjustments, suddenly I notice being on the ground without ever seeing how I got there. Or I aim to a completely different direction that I was going to aim.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that caught me off guard. Wasn't even sure what to use it for. Figured it was for fishing faster, which it is, but not knowing and trying to figure something out mid match is really annoying
Didn't someone mention you can also pull enemies towards you with it? Or maybe it was just a guess?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an unofficial patch note because we are at this point

What's New?
Fortnitemares is over and the Storm King has been defeated!

Weapons and Items
Added:

Harpoon Gun

Available from: Chests, Floor Loot, Supply Drops, and Fishing Rod Barrels*

Can be used up to 10 times

75 damage to players

Also pulls in players hit by the harpoon*

Can be used to instantly get fish from fishing spots*

150 damage to structures

Reload time of 1.4 seconds

Able to pull loot in from a distance

Available in Rare rarity

Gameplay:
Upgrade stations now spawn 100% of the time! Jump in now and upgrade your weapons!

Replaced Pumpkin Rocket Launcher with the standard Rocket Launcher.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best controller/sensitivity settings to play on Switch? I own a Lite and I have such a hard time aiming on this thing.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey look this week's challenges are all reasonable !
Always find the revive/reboot ones annoying since I don't play with friends a lot so have to rely on randoms.

Still have about half of the challenges to do and am at level 86, should get to nearly 90 by the time I'm finished which is good since I will have Death Stranding coming tomorrow and Pokemon Shield next week so only having to focus on weekly challenges going forward will free up a lot of time.

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance they remove cross play or make it a choice? I really don't stand a chance in hell against pc players.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This is exceptional...

Royal Canadian Legion partners with Fortnite to teach military history for Remembrance Day

Remembrance Island, a custom Fortnite island launched by the veterans' organization, features First World War trenches, D-Day beaches and the Vimy Ridge cenotaph. Unlike Fortnite, there is no violence on this island.

Instead, players start at the beaches of Normandy and follow a trail of poppies through environments depicting conflicts Canadians have fought in, stopping at trail markers that offer information about each one until finally arriving at the Vimy Ridge Memorial, where they are asked by the Legion to share a moment of silence of their own on Nov. 11 at 11 at night — a time meant to meet gamers on their terms.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had any pop-in or lag issues since the last update on Base PS4? I'll spawn in without my chosen skin, will pretty much t-pose for the first 5 seconds of pulling my shoot, and will walk around a texture-less world for a minute or two. Occassionally, I'll walk into a new area and absolutely none of the textures will load, and I'll be unable to enter a house or building or hit a tree. The game still runs smoothly, but it's really annoying.

I've checked my internet connection and it's normal/stable, even tried other games like the new MW, and I'm not getting any other lag. Maybe it's my cable or something?

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
The punch card itself is great. The fact that you can't stack like three empty punch cards so you can just collect them for a couple of days and knock em out in one bigger sitting is what sucks. The game only rewarding you for a couple of matches just doesn't fit my playstyle, I much rather only play a long session every couple of days then just play for a bit every day.

After seeing the game slowly move away from the daily grind trash season by season, this daily stuff is definitely the biggest disappointing change for me this season.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
I just wish to have more ways to earn medals, or have every level be worth a point for the card.
Now it takes at least 3 matches to complete a punch card, would be nice to fill it in a single match.

But in the end I'm also OK with how it is now, as long as they don't put mission with level >100 requisites.
A lot of people will probably still reach level 100 weeks in advance without filling the card every day after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.