• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
When does the slasher quest line end in StW? I'm trying to bust through Death Stranding this weekend, but will probably have to stop to get the rewards from that quest if it will be gone on Tuesday.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The punch card itself is great. The fact that you can't stack like three empty punch cards so you can just collect them for a couple of days and knock em out in one bigger sitting is what sucks. The game only rewarding you for a couple of matches just doesn't fit my playstyle, I much rather only play a long session every couple of days then just play for a bit every day.

After seeing the game slowly move away from the daily grind trash season by season, this daily stuff is definitely the biggest disappointing change for me this season.
I guess I just don't see the concern when hitting 100 will be a breeze even without doing a lot of the punchcards.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Not sure if it's just me but performance on the X has been horrible. I'm talking massive frame drops from 60 to sub 40. Makes the game pretty unbearable especially since it seems to always happen at the beginning of a fight.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's just me but performance on the X has been horrible. I'm talking massive frame drops from 60 to sub 40. Makes the game pretty unbearable especially since it seems to always happen at the beginning of a fight.
Reboot your console. I had the same problem once and it helped.

5 gifts from GringoSuave89

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from GringoSuave89 GringoSuave89!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GringoSuave89 said:
So my local big box retailer does NOT know how to run a promotion, and long story short, I have codes for a Merry Mint Pickaxe! These haven't hit the wild very widely quite yet, and I see resellers practically robbing people, so I just wanted to celebrate the season by hosting a giveaway to my favorite community!

No restrictions on entering. Please don't enter if you already have this item. Per the back of the card:

Codes can only be used once
Only one code can be redeemed per account
Code expires February 4, 2020

I will give out 5 codes at a time three times this week, so there will be another chance soon.

Good luck and a very, very, VERY early Happy Holidays!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by SnugTeam6 SnugTeam6 (6 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Jimnymebob Jimnymebob (6 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by MagicPhone MagicPhone (7 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by NCartwright15 NCartwright15 (7 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Natiko Natiko (7 entries)

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for doing this! I've never used gift bot before. I assume we are supposed to just press one entry among the five items so there's no chance of winning two of the item codes?

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Man these bots are really brain dead.

They either stay still and just shoot at you, or they build a single wall and you can go around the wall and surprise them pretty easily.

Every time I'm running across a map and see a single wall I say to myself: ah! A bot was here.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Man these bots are really brain dead.

They either stay still and just shoot at you, or they build a single wall and you can go around the wall and surprise them pretty easily.

Every time I'm running across a map and see a single wall I say to myself: ah! A bot was here.
I just missed a snipe shot at one running and it simultaneously put up a wall and fire a rocket into it eliminating itself.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Congrats to the winners of the Merry Mint Pickaxe! I will have another 5 codes to giveaway tomorrow afternoon. Same deal as before, 24h to enter.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I've found myself totally sucked back into the game the last couple weeks. I really like how things have become almost simple again and more pure fortnite, more in tune to seasons 1 - 5. That being said, I do look forward to some occasionally wacky, random things they could throw in. It's almost too vanilla right now. I'm hoping they do another fun winter/holiday season. Season 7 was actually my favorite if not second favorite behind Season 3.

What does everyone think of the new map? It's taking some time to get accustomed to, and I don't dislike it but it just doesn't feel as, "iconic," as the last map did. Though, that is likely just because I played on that map for two years haha.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the winners of the Merry Mint Pickaxe! I will have another 5 codes to giveaway tomorrow afternoon. Same deal as before, 24h to enter.
I won as well! Thanks so much for the giveaway!

I've found myself totally sucked back into the game the last couple weeks. I really like how things have become almost simple again and more pure fortnite, more in tune to seasons 1 - 5. That being said, I do look forward to some occasionally wacky, random things they could throw in. It's almost too vanilla right now. I'm hoping they do another fun winter/holiday season. Season 7 was actually my favorite if not second favorite behind Season 3.

What does everyone think of the new map? It's taking some time to get accustomed to, and I don't dislike it but it just doesn't feel as, "iconic," as the last map did. Though, that is likely just because I played on that map for two years haha.
I personally love it. I think it's much more interesting to traverse and I enjoy that it's more cohesive currently. I dread the future seasons were they trash it by throwing dumb additions on, but ah well. I really wish they would keep changes to this map more reasonable, bring a version of the old map into rotation (don't care which tbh), and focused on producing a third map at a much faster rate. That'll never happen though.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I really miss this season is the hoverboard. Not even for the mobility, but mostly for actually making travelling long distances way more novel with the trick system. Half of the games where I'm far from the next circle I catch myself just dozing off because of the prolonged moments of nothing. At this point I would take a slower regular skateboard just so I can combo some tony hawk like flip tricks while I travel from point A to B. Make the wheels from the same purple material as the cube to justify high jumps and it working on basically all terrain and we would have a item that's as novel to use as the hoverboard without adding the crazy mobility they seem to be avoiding this season.

5 gifts from GringoSuave89

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from GringoSuave89 GringoSuave89!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GringoSuave89 said:
Merry Mint Pickaxe Giveaway #2!!!!!!!

Five more codes up for grabs. This time I turned off the ability for lurkers to enter just in case. 24 hours like last time.

Good luck!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Dirtyshubb Dirtyshubb (4 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by lacinius lacinius (4 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by MrPanic MrPanic (5 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Noah Om Noah Om (5 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Darknyss Darknyss (5 entries)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, so is the Bandage Bazooka active yet or....? Out here tryna get Toxin skin and haven't found a single one. But also not getting the message in lobby that it is disabled. Ugh.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I personally love it. I think it's much more interesting to traverse and I enjoy that it's more cohesive currently. I dread the future seasons were they trash it by throwing dumb additions on, but ah well. I really wish they would keep changes to this map more reasonable, bring a version of the old map into rotation (don't care which tbh), and focused on producing a third map at a much faster rate. That'll never happen though.

That's a really fair critique of the past seasons, personally I really enjoyed them adding new biomes over time. I stopped playing mid-season 8 so I don't know what they did in seasons 9 and 10, but I really liked the snow biome, desert, and tropics quite a bit. I agree that having a map rotation would actually be pretty nice. And you're spot on about traversal, this map is WAY more fun to explore.

Also, I still can't seem to get past these connectivity problems I'm experiencing and it's making the game unplayable for me. There are times where I can't even enter any of the buildings in an area because none of them render in at all. I'm not experiencing connectivity problems in any other game, streaming service, etc. etc., and this started just with the last update. I am so confused what has happened but I can't seem to fix it. It also won't even show me what guns I have in my inventory (the boxes will just be the color of the rarity) and sometimes I can't even see pickups. Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I've really been enjoying the game again and want to keep playing.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Yo, so is the Bandage Bazooka active yet or....? Out here tryna get Toxin skin and haven't found a single one. But also not getting the message in lobby that it is disabled. Ugh.
Not yet, probably they planned to fix it with the update and after it got delayed they forgot to put the message back in.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After downloading the latest update, my sons PS4 has shut down 3 times whilst playing fortnite tonight. It errors with the usual "application has to close" or whatever but when you press ok it just shuts the PS4 down with no notice. Any ideas?

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Epic has decided to stop releasing patch notes, did they ever say why? I'd really like to know what issues/bugs have been patched and which haven't. Also just kinda nice to see all the additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.