• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Happy to do something for the community!

Oh hey look at that I won a code!! Just so you know GringoSuave89 I will be giving this code to my 11yo nephew because there is no way I could keep this for myself, not when these codes are not even a promotion in Canada... so you will have made him very VERY happy, and for that I can't thank you enough!!

Much appreciated, cheers!! :D

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Oh hey look at that I won a code!! Just so you know GringoSuave89 I will be giving this code to my 11yo nephew because there is no way I could keep this for myself, not when these codes are not even a promotion in Canada... so you will have made him very VERY happy, and for that I can't thank you enough!!

Much appreciated, cheers!! :D

Happy to provide some joy

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
GringoSuave89 Thank you so much, ended up winning one of the codes! :)

New update rolled out on PS4, but even the Trelo board hasn't updated. https://trello.com/b/Bs7hgkma/fortnite-community-issues

Anyone know what's in it?

I'm not sure of exact details specific to PS4, but I got to play a few matches earlier. The rendering/connectivity issues I had been mentioning in the thread have been fixed as of this update. Recognized that immediately. Couldn't notice anything else though.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, thanks for the Minty GringoSuave89

Hit level 100 today, making me even saltier about the accidental 3 levels purchase. Tried to get Epic to refund it but of course customer support mostly consists of auto denying bots so rip 450 vbucks to absolute air. Warning to fellow switch players, stay the heck out of that battlepass menu, the button layout in there is a trap.

Last edited:

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I also hit 100 today. I wonder how Epic feels about that because it seems way easy this season after the XP changes. I bet they don't want people hitting it too early because it decreases engagement among those less likely to play if they aren't working towards something.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually release new unlockables for levels over 100 to keep people jonesin'.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've already played a lot less the last two weeks simply because I know hitting 100 will be a breeze this season. Around 60 if I recall correctly but even if I only just play a lot in the last week I should make it easy.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
GringoSuave89 Thank you so much, ended up winning one of the codes! :)

I'm not sure of exact details specific to PS4, but I got to play a few matches earlier. The rendering/connectivity issues I had been mentioning in the thread have been fixed as of this update. Recognized that immediately. Couldn't notice anything else though.
Has Epic explained why they're doing this? That Trello board isn't really a lot of help. I mean, it says what issues have been resolved but doesn't mention new content.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
Really wanted to unlock toxin but that cursed Bazooka was preventing me... fortunately with this new mission added, once I beat that instead I'll have enough to unlock her!

*completes mission, finally sees challenge to unlock toxin*

😒 Oh, I see...

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I am level 93 and I still haven't been able to finish the stupid bandage bazooka challenge. Once I get that I will probably go up another level. It is crazy how easy they made it to level up this time. I hope they keep it like this going forward.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I was checking reddit and someone linked to the fortnite trello thing and the bandage bazooka bug has been labeled "fixed in next release", so hopefully soon? I don't know if releases are at set dates of if it's like a patch that could happen whenever.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'll be level 100 tomorrow so the grind wasn't that bad. I play probably 4-5 rumble matches a day.

I'll finish this weeks challenges too. I still need to finish last weeks reboot and revive ones but I don't feel like playing with randoms. Wish I could do them solo :/

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Ah shit. Got so excited for the skin that I bought the game without realizing I could've just gotten it with my vbucks instead. Apparently the game is pretty great though so I'm happy either way.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I just started up fortnite and saw the message about star wars. Fuck this is huge. I am so tempted to buy the stormtrooper skin but I think I will wait for vader. Wish we could get malak or revan but I know that wont happen.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Has Epic explained why they're doing this? That Trello board isn't really a lot of help. I mean, it says what issues have been resolved but doesn't mention new content.

From what I can tell, they've made no comment about why they've stopped. It's very unlike Epic, who have always been very transparent and great about communicating with players. Personally, I do think it is a bit frustrating and I understand why many of the competitive players are very annoyed by the change.

Back on topic, I'm SO excited about the Star Wars cross-over event. A Star Destroyer is now slowly descending onto the map, and I can't wait to see what's in store.

Oct 25, 2017
I always knew Marvel Universe and Star Wars existed in the same universe. Now we have 100% proof with Fornite having had crossover events with both. lul

Just wait for it, episode 9 has Thor.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The storm trooper skin is dope no doubt but a part of me is holding out for a Jedi/Sith skin.
Definitely need a lightsaber pickaxe with multiple color options and an X wing, Tie Fighter or Millenium Falcon glider.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The star wars thing is just for the game launch, it's just over this week-end, don't expect anything more.
They'll probably do a movie collab in december but nothing sure.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Until the store reset on Sunday, in Save The World the free v-bucks are plentiful...

TP: 3 x 40
CV: 1 x 35
PT: 1 x 35
SW: 1 x 25
Daily: 1 x 50

Totes: 265 v-bucks

Edit... corrected Plankerton, it's actually 35 for the cat-3 storm mission

Last edited:

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
It sucks so much that they took away the free bucks for people who game share on xbox. We bought save the world on my wife's account when it came out and now I get nothing.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
There's 70 more v bucks in Hexvania at PL 52 and 58, but they aren't available if you are overpowered. I had to clear out all my survivors except the last 2 lead survivors and that dropped me from 130 to 60.

5 gifts from GringoSuave89

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from GringoSuave89 GringoSuave89!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

GringoSuave89 said:
Sorry for the delay (last week at work before my mini vacation), but I have returned with the third and FINAL giveaway for the Merry Mint Pickaxe! Five codes up for grabs, just like before.

Best of luck, and Happy Holidays!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by BigTime_2018 BigTime_2018 (3 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by False Witness False Witness (3 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by ROMASS ROMASS (3 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Selbran Selbran (4 entries)
  • Fortnite.com/redeem Fortnite.com/redeem: Merry Mint Pickaxe - Won by Heel Heel (3 entries)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you're too generous - hopefully the people that tried and failed in the last two get lucky this time!

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
So how is the stw these days? I played it a year ago but got tired in it halfway through Plankerton. I thought the missions were much the same, does it change moving forward?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I just recently got into Fortnite and am level 65. I guess it's worth it to buy the season pass? It seems I could pay once and keep earning enough to get the new pass everytime.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
I just recently got into Fortnite and am level 65. I guess it's worth it to buy the season pass? It seems I could pay once and keep earning enough to get the new pass everytime.
Yea, if you don't fall in the temptation of the shop, you can keep buying battle pass from the earned v-bucks.
Edit: New here, can I delete a post if I am to slow to answer?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, I will look into the battlepass when I get home. I'm level 65 so it seems I'll basically get paid back for it. If they can keep this XP gain where its at I should basically make money on it this go around.

On a side note- are there any basic tips for building? I've played a lot of Battle Royale games and I'm pretty good at shooting, but when I get into a fight and then all of a sudden I'm fighting a 5 story tower I just kind of fall apart.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
On a side note- are there any basic tips for building? I've played a lot of Battle Royale games and I'm pretty good at shooting, but when I get into a fight and then all of a sudden I'm fighting a 5 story tower I just kind of fall apart.
What platform are you on? For console I would recommend boulder pro configuration. Other than that there is just practice. Team rumble for me is a good way to learn as it is not a punishing as the normal modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.