• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So how is the stw these days? I played it a year ago but got tired in it halfway through Plankerton. I thought the missions were much the same, does it change moving forward?

StW is still mostly the same, but it is slowly evolving. They changed the hero support team loadout so now instead of two support characters you have five support slots and a team perk slot as well. This makes your hero very customisable so that you can tweak and buff the skills that suit your play style. They are also unifying the locker between BR and StW so that it will just be one common locker between the two game modes. Right now all the BR pick axes and emotes, sprays, music can be used in StW, and next up will be the wraps and finally the character skins.

Next on the door step will be all new "mythic weapons" that you can only get by defeating the Storm King that have some unique abilities. Not sure what that will look like or how it will play out, but this should apparently be coming with the next patch if I'm not mistaken. Then on the near horizon will be something that's similar to "dungeon crawling" I guess. So basically you will need a key to unlock a dungeon, which you can then enter and complete whatever quest lurks within, but the quest will have different mechanics from what has been normal so far... like inside there might be traps that can harm you! These quests should be quite different from the regular set of missions on the surface that occupy the four zones. They have added some different surface missions as well, so the surface is a wee bit different anyway.

Just some of the highlights, and there's more minor stuff to discover, but overall if interested in coming back then the next few months should be interesting! Hope this helps!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's really weird!

Makes it seem like they are going to rely on adding additional challenges instead of moving onto a new season.

Wonder what the reasoning is and what sort of impact it will have on their bottom line.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
With Fortnite slowly losing viewership and interest, and many people already being level 100, seems like a really stupid decision to make the season last for nearly 3 more months.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
With Fortnite slowly losing viewership and interest, and many people already being level 100, seems like a really stupid decision to make the season last for nearly 3 more months.
Makes me wonder if they are gonna have the items from season 2 just added with random challenges to work towards instead.

After getting to level 100 i stopped playing just over a week ago to spend time playing Death Stranding and now Pokemon. Went back to Fortnite yesterday for a few games to catch up on last weeks challenges and the tier 100 skin challenges too. Otherwise I only need to log in every Thursday for the next 3 weeks challenges and I will have everything unlocked.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really regret finishing the season in 2 weeks now.

I honestly have no idea what they are planning to do now because this season has sucked massively with the lack of updates and to see it extended is absolutely bonkers. They need to come back with some really hard hitting stuff to make everything worthwhile.

This is the first time in a long while that Save the World has been kicking BR's ass in content.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, I have until February to finish the Battle Pass and challenges? I have barely been playing lately, around level 50 now, might actually finish the thing.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying this season for not being filled to the brim with bullshit. I don't mind more time with it - I'm sure they'll have miscellaneous challenges added during the extension with additional rewards. Not a big deal.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the extension is to give everyone a chance to level up to 100 and it seems it's too give the developers a rest after the Chapter 2 launch so it'll be holiday knick knacks so I can't blame them to taking a break.

Plus the last time we got a holiday season, planes got added and everyone hated that shit.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this enormous extension definitely puts the awful xp rates from the start of the season into perspective, they must've been planning this from the start. It's funny how much of a drive the season pass is for me, Fortnite straight up turned from a daily game into a weekly game now that I've hit lv100. Weird how they now also added daily challenges back to the game, I personally would've much preferred them making three punchcards stackable than have three of those very specific stackable challenges back, but at least I won't have to deal with that at all this season. Well, I can only hope the "new game features, free rewards and a live experience that you won't want to miss" will actually be worth the extension, cause the season is already starting to feel a bit stale.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Reeally unsure how I feel about the extension. Have to admit I was actually really bummed to hear about it. I was incredibly excited for another winter/holiday themed season, and it really sucks for me personally that we won't be getting that. It sounds like they're going all out for the holidays though and I am PUMPED. Fill that entire map with snow and give me all the holiday goodies. I got every single item in the 14 day event last season and I can guarantee I'm going to do it again. So maybe they'll add a major update with 11.30 or something.

The banner of the blog post shows 5 new skins seemingly in a battle pass style, do we think the battle pass will be extended to add more stuff? I've been loving the simplicity this season, but I really need to see at least a tad bit of new features or something to slightly mix things up. Right now I'm kind of perplexed because I'm nearly maxed out and was really looking forward to the next battle pass.

Also, I saw that the daily challenges have returned (yay!). Have they replaced the punchcard system or do they work in tandem with the system? Haven't been able to play yet.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
Expected something like this after seeing the Stormtrooper, no way Epic was launching a new season and having a Star Wars collaboration at the same time.
And obviously the days around Christmas were also improbable.
But February? This seems too much.
Hahah well now the XP almost seems...excessive? Like I'm very glad more people were able to reach 100, but with the February extension what is the point of all this XP haha.
Hope they're not going to put rewards behind some huge high level requirements, I've stopped playing after clearing the level 100 skin style missions and don't want to regret missing that XP.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who plays Save the World and knows about the dupe glitches that plague the "economy".

So, a little fun story I know from a guy who helps run Epic's website. I can't confirm the story unfortunately, so take it with a grain of salt.

Apparently one of the people who helped code the matchmaking for StW was fired (for some reason I wasn't made aware of), and it was his code that contained the error that was the route of all the glitches. When Epic realized and tried to contact them for help, they refuse,d and now Epic can't figure it out... which is why the glitch issue keeps coming back into the game.

Apparently they say they may have got it this time... and to combat the main glitched item (rocket launchers) they just nerfed all crafted rocket launchers for everyone to 1 durability.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
They are extending the season to February? And I just got level 100... Hopefully Christmas is going to be sick and it's good to see they are slowly adding LTMs again.

The secret skin looks cool though, nice to have a female skin and I look forward to see the style variants.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are extending the season to February? And I just got level 100... Hopefully Christmas is going to be sick and it's good to see they are slowly adding LTMs again.

The secret skin looks cool though, nice to have a female skin and I look forward to see the style variants.
People on reddit are mad as fuck that the secret skin isn't an edgy robot lol, as expected
Just like they reacted to Luxe.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
People on reddit are mad as fuck that the secret skin isn't an edgy robot lol, as expected
Just like they reacted to Luxe.

What? We have had too much of that! I want my skins to either be slick (so female skins or like the 8-ball dude) or silly. Bulky edge lords are tacky.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually a fan of nice looking female skins, but the secret skin is definitely on the bland looking side. Very similar to Remedy, Wavebreaker and the new default skins imo. At least I don't actually dislike the skin so it will probably end up being the second secret skin I will actually use / throw into the random skin rotation after Singularity.

Last edited:

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I spent all my v bucks maxing out my battle pass because I was worried I wouldn't be able to much much the rest of the season. So stupid that they are extending it like this.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you should know better than to buy before the end of the season unless you're staying with the 25 tier pack.

Still sucks about the season extension though.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I'm sure they wouldn't want to put them together, but a Mandalorian with Boba Fett and Jango styles would be amazing.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, another skin ruined on Switch. The hair buns on Chic just constantly clip though her back because of the lack of hair physics on Switch, just making the skin look really bad while using it. This battlepass has turned out to be very mediocre for me. They still haven't fixed Fable or Lynx's stage 1 & 2 skins either even though the physics issues with those skins on Switch have been known since half a year ago when they decided to turn all the skin physics off. Just look at this stuff, it might not look too bad in a still pic, but in motion that stuff clips constantly and is just really bothersome to look at.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here playing StW who wants to take on the Mythic Storm King? Let me know if so.

Yessir I'm going to start looking for people to group up with soon. Been playing mostly dungeons lately. Reddit has a Fortnite discord with a lfg storm king section I had planned on posting in since I'm off all week. What power level are you?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yessir I'm going to start looking for people to group up with soon. Been playing mostly dungeons lately. Reddit has a Fortnite discord with a lfg storm king section I had planned on posting in since I'm off all week. What power level are you?
Hey! PL122, I've got the Lynx build fully decked and a 130 maxed out Bundlebuss. I have crafts of the meta launcher and hammer, but no schematics unfortunately. How about you?

I tried it a couple of times with discord groups from there ^ but they fell apart quickly. Would quite like to get a group with a little stamina to learn the encounter properly.

I'll PM you my epic handle. I can be on any time Wed through Sunday as I have time off too!

Status
Not open for further replies.