• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I've got thousands of candies. I just need to grind out more raindrops. I've been kind of hooked on trying out new hero builds the last few weeks and have gone on several leveling sprees. I have enough 130s to fill all 7 of my squads with unique heroes.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took a bit of a break and came back while FF14 was doing maintenance tonight. Finally got the victory royale umbrella for this season (Thanks Solid Gold!)

Kinda sucks I missed out on the Halloween event. Hopefully there's an interesting Xmas event if there's one

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got like 12 squad wins with ransoms this season but I hate playing with randoms. Total crap shoot.
Thing I hate about random the most is the start of a match.

I always place a marker of where to land and more often than not you will have team members either jump out to go somewhere else without any notice or mark somewhere and jump out immediately, even though you are right above the location and as such you end up being late landing compared to other teams who jumped out earlier.

And these are people who are high levelled usually, surely they should know how stupid that all is but this point.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017

I always place a marker of where to land and more often than not you will have team members either jump out to go somewhere else without any notice or mark somewhere and jump out immediately, even though you are right above the location and as such you end up being late landing compared to other teams who jumped out earlier.

And these are people who are high levelled usually, surely they should know how stupid that all is but this point.

Yeah, I also hate it when they always pick the hot spots that are just under the bus' path. It's like, hey guys, can we at least try to win this match?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, I also hate it when they always pick the hot spots that are just under the bus' path. It's like, hey guys, can we at least try to win this match?
Exactly, i wanna be able to land and actually get some loot before having to rush around trying to survive instead of some mad dash to find somewhere that others haven't already landed at.

Oct 25, 2017

Hate that. What's worse is these randoms wanting to hot drop or drop in a busy place like Salty or PP. Like y'all not gonna get washed right away. 🤦‍♂️

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the ability damage increase is a big one. There really isn't any reason to run anything other than soldier or constructor in the second half of Twine and those are my least favorite classes. At least the sci-fi pistol is an insane freaking beast and fun to use.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I really hope the ability damage increase is a big one. There really isn't any reason to run anything other than soldier or constructor in the second half of Twine and those are my least favorite classes. At least the sci-fi pistol is an insane freaking beast and fun to use.

I'm still rocking my Outlander all this time in end game Twine!! :D

Worth mentioning for the group check out Freedom's Herald as a really nice little pistol that is relatively effective in 140 Twine... it's like having a mini-rocket launcher with decent AOE and quick reload, which is helpful when even the trash husks can hit hard. Limited range but that's all right as it is more about the wave clear.

But yeah, if they made Teddy more than just something to use as a blaster shield then that would be great... really looking forward to how the abilities are improved!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
At the insistence of my cousin (a full decade my junior), I began playing again. It's been a lot of fun, and I even had enough vbucks from previous seasons to buy the battle pass. One thing's for sure, though: a lot has changed since season 8, when I last played.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really starting to notice my friends and family are getting bored with the game now. At the same time they're getting worse at the game because they play less, they've also entered a situation where they only find the game fun if they win two or three games within the 3 hours a week we play.

This has led to a situation where they only want to play when I play, as they need me to make 12-20 kills a game for us to be able to win. When I do, we do win and they have their fun, but it also means they all go up in all SBMM rankings. As a result we get matched against even better players, which then makes it even harder for them. We have games where as a team we had 19 kills total and 18 came from me.

I thought SBMM was great, and for me personally it was because I get to play against a lot of 'known' players; but with these great differences in skill within a team, and that being the only time most of them play, it really leads to problems.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I've been spending all my time in Save the World. I feel like I've already played all I need to of BR this season until things are added or changed in the game.

It's been a lot of fun coming up with new builds and stuff. Slowly working my way up to the mythic Storm King. 12 levels away now.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm really starting to notice my friends and family are getting bored with the game now. At the same time they're getting worse at the game because they play less, they've also entered a situation where they only find the game fun if they win two or three games within the 3 hours a week we play.

This has led to a situation where they only want to play when I play, as they need me to make 12-20 kills a game for us to be able to win. When I do, we do win and they have their fun, but it also means they all go up in all SBMM rankings. As a result we get matched against even better players, which then makes it even harder for them. We have games where as a team we had 19 kills total and 18 came from me.

I thought SBMM was great, and for me personally it was because I get to play against a lot of 'known' players; but with these great differences in skill within a team, and that being the only time most of them play, it really leads to problems.
It is the typically cycle expected in any competitive video game: those who enjoy it keep playing while those who lose out on the upkeep slowly fall behind and forget it. It is why Chapter 2 was such a big push in getting people back who may have lost that interest earlier in the game's life. Though problem is those who are't playing consistently just get into a loop of "oh yeah this is fun" to "okay I'm completely done with this" and that switch off can get quicker and quicker.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's even worse with this being the season that sort of acted like a relaunch. You get people jumping in and then you just abandon everything that had been keeping people playing long term. You can't retain people that way.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
It is the typically cycle expected in any competitive video game: those who enjoy it keep playing while those who lose out on the upkeep slowly fall behind and forget it. It is why Chapter 2 was such a big push in getting people back who may have lost that interest earlier in the game's life. Though problem is those who are't playing consistently just get into a loop of "oh yeah this is fun" to "okay I'm completely done with this" and that switch off can get quicker and quicker.
Yeah true, I guess its just the first time it happens to a game I really like since Halo 3. Its also what Shugga says though:

I'm still baffled at them skipping a whole season. There's no way they don't lose tons of players.
They have conditioned players to expect new things every week, now they have not only extended this season beyond whats reasonable but also stopped developing the season. It's almost like they switched the entire team to a new game.

I think the switch from new content every week to none at all has just been too big of a difference.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly I'm not liking the new map and the colour palette, hated it day one but figured it'd grow on me but nope. The map looks like a very bright egg yolk, I just find the colours (lighting?) very unpleasant. It also feels very flat. I miss the old map, it was beautiful. The delayed season will allow me to take a break, maybe over time they'll make changes that'll pull me back.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm not liking the new map and the colour palette, hated it day one but figured it'd grow on me but nope. The map looks like a very bright egg yolk, I just find the colours (lighting?) very unpleasant. It also feels very flat. I miss the old map, it was beautiful. The delayed season will allow me to take a break, maybe over time they'll make changes that'll pull me back.
How can you possibly think this map is more flat than the old one? Lol

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I still don't like the look either. Even though I'm on PC and was able to correct it somewhat through adjusting the gamma within a config file, compared to the first chapter it still looks like a knock-off to me.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled at them skipping a whole season. There's no way they don't lose tons of players.

Agreed, I just don't understand what the plan is at all. I also feel like the communication from Epic has dropped immensely from last season. They used to be so good at telling players the roadmap and the strategy. Without that, I'm confused why they've been making changes like no longer doing weekly updates, not releasing patch notes, and extending this season as long as they have.

I'm about to hit level 100, but besides the Holiday Event I'm not sure what will be there to keep me playing as I don't really play the game competitively and most of my friends no longer play. I really love the game too, I find it so enjoyable to play a match or two and listen to a podcast while I unlock things. Maybe it's time for me to hop into STW? I think my brother was telling me good things about it but I'm actually a bit unfamiliar with it.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Save the World is a lot of fun. Might as well jump in. Plus, you'll be able to buy a ton of new cosmetics with all the vBucks you'll start earning.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps, but at the same time I'm hopeful this means the folks working on the game are actually getting time to live their lives. I don't know how bad the crunch is for Fortnite's development, but given the frequency of updates and the sheer scale of the game, I'd wager it's not easy being on the dev team.

I'd much rather the developers get to exist as people than have them slave away at the game at such a pace that I can't even keep up with it. Fortnite is by no means my "main game", but I plug an hour or two away at it almost every other day with my little cousin, and we have fun all the same.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Perhaps, but at the same time I'm hopeful this means the folks working on the game are actually getting time to live their lives. I don't know how bad the crunch is for Fortnite's development, but given the frequency of updates and the sheer scale of the game, I'd wager it's not easy being on the dev team.

I'd much rather the developers get to exist as people than have them slave away at the game at such a pace that I can't even keep up with it. Fortnite is by no means my "main game", but I plug an hour or two away at it almost every other day with my little cousin, and we have fun all the same.
The crunch is horrendous. Like 60 hours a week, no one wants to ask for time off bad. There was a whole expose into it by Kotaku (?) from memory and it was fucking disgusting.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Save the World is a lot of fun. Might as well jump in. Plus, you'll be able to buy a ton of new cosmetics with all the vBucks you'll start earning.

Wait, you can earn vbucks through playing STW?? About how many can you expect to earn? I had no idea that was a thing. Any chance it goes on sale for the holidays soon? Do they normally do that?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you can earn vbucks through playing STW?? About how many can you expect to earn? I had no idea that was a thing. Any chance it goes on sale for the holidays soon? Do they normally do that?
You get at least 50 each day for doing a daily challenge, at least 150 after every 7 days of logging in, 100+ for each storm shield defense you do, and there's a chance to earn vBucks from specific mission alerts that change every 24 hours. Those can range from 25-40 per mission depending on which zone the mission is located in. Now, you aren't guaranteed to get one of those each day, but they are fairly common and you often get multiple vBucks missions.

It goes on sale fairly often, but they might be scaling back on that. I honestly have no idea.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Mythic Pistol. It was my third most wanted weapon, so pretty happy for my first run. MSK is much easier now everyone knows decent strats, looking forward to getting that Rocket Launcher...

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree 100% on both counts. The old map had areas on the map that went very high vertically, and often without sloping much at all. Like Polar Peak, that was a straight drop down and the game was always crazy when the final circle went there. There were also those vertical areas near Snobby Shores like the Viking area and the villain's lair, those were super high areas. The jungle's volcano and the desert's mesas provided height. The new map is larger and more stretched out horizontally, and with 40% of the game being bots it makes it feel safe to walk around, it kills the tension. The old map was smaller and more scrunched up, with mountains everywhere for people to snipe at you or to use a launchpad on to land on you. It felt perpetually dangerous, it kept you on edge.

And yeah, the change to the colors and lighting feels awful. It's got that summer camp orange glow that's ugly. The old game had brighter colors that popped and provided visual clarity.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
This is my first season really playing-playing. I had played a teensy bit in Season 3 and 8 but this is the first time I've gone ahead and picked up the Battlepass. I've finished all the challenges and alter egos so I guess I just have to grind the last 18 levels of the battlepass huh? I'm actually surprised it was as easy as it was so far. It sounds like you regulars have been irritated with the game as of late but I've been having a hoot I gotta say :V!

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Should be fun...

G5Qc5ez.jpg

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Are the level 140 dungeons just supposed to be a one and done type of thing simply for that one mission? The rewards are horrendous for the amount of effort it takes to kill those final bosses.

I'm also finally one level away from 122. I'm ready for that mythic sword.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Love that they added lumps of coal into the game, which are literally just rocks you can throw at other players lmao. That's the classic Fortnite I know and love.

Curious as to the why Epic is adding the ability to gain *so* much more XP. There is the stretch goal challenge set which will grant a few hundred thousand, and then there is a "prestige" challenge set which looks like it'll give another 800,000 XP. They've also littered the map with XP tokens worth between 6,500 ~ 7,500 (I forget the exact amount only played for an hour before having to leave). My question is, what is the point of all this XP? Like I don't understand the benefit of leveling beyond 100. Will more tiers and unlockables be added in the future?

I'm personally glad they added more challenges, just confused why they're giving ample opportunities to level up seemingly without a reward. Reaching 100 was already quite simple this season. Now there is an overabundance of XP and I'm just curious as to why this is. I'm not complaining at all haha, just genuinely hoping that more content will be added to unlock!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Oof, 3500 vbucks for the Star Wars bundle and it doesn't include the pickaxes or glider. Gonna be a pass from me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you play Save the World, there's an interesting glitch right now.

If you have the slot free un your collection book, when you dismantle a schematic it refunds the materials and slots the SAME schematic into your book with 0 xp but ALL the materials. Means you can unslot it for 20 bucks and dismantle it again for all the materials.

So if you have a maxed legendary perk schematic, you can repeatedly gain materials for 20 bucks a go.

Last edited:

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The mythic sword's heavy attack is crazy powerful. It's like a noble launcher that doesn't go through structures

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.