• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Have you been doing it with random groups? I haven't beaten him a single time yet, but I'm also just at the lowest power level necessary to get there.
Same question as the post above, also what's your suggested weapon loadout? I have yet to make my first attempt... not sure why I've been avoiding it, other than I'm almost certain I don't have the necessary weapons or heroes leveled up.

A few times with a group and a few times in a public lobby. Public lobbies aren't nearly as bad as they use to be but there still can be some pretty bad games from time to time. I got into a game once and someone was playing as power base kyle lmao

The best heroes right now are lynx kassandra (mini bosses) and special forces banshee ( war cry for horn phases ). But I've been in lobbies with players using different heroes and still won. But there were always at least 2 lynxes and 1 war cry. The best weapons are the deatomizer and metal marauder for mini bosses, and the surround pound for the horns. For crystals an Ol' Betsy or Bundlebuss as long as you have the proper hero in support to buff their crit damage.

You can look at all of my load outs and schematics here and how I have the weapons perked ... the 2 loadouts I use for the storm king are 7 and 8.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
A few times with a group and a few times in a public lobby. Public lobbies aren't nearly as bad as they use to be but there still can be some pretty bad games from time to time. I got into a game once and someone was playing as power base kyle lmao

The best heroes right now are lynx kassandra (mini bosses) and special forces banshee ( war cry for horn phases ). But I've been in lobbies with players using different heroes and still won. But there were always at least 2 lynxes and 1 war cry. The best weapons are the deatomizer and metal marauder for mini bosses, and the surround pound for the horns. For crystals an Ol' Betsy or Bundlebuss as long as you have the proper hero in support to buff their crit damage.

You can look at all of my load outs and schematics here and how I have the weapons perked ... the 2 loadouts I use for the storm king are 7 and 8.

Some good info, thanks!! :)

It sounds like the template for success set down by demonjoefrance is still the norm. I wasn't sure how much it had evolved by now as I have been more focused on Frostnite than anything else. Thanks for sharing and especially the website, which I didn't even know existed, and I must say you've done well!! :D

Wait...what are you talking about?

Sorry, my message would have made more sense if it had not flipped to the top of a new page... the reply by Applesauce above hopefully clears the confusion. :)

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Snow storm, super fun. Lightsaber, i'd be fine with reworking it just into a legendary farming tool that does no player damage

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Finally came around to download this game on Switch and was all excited to win on my first try, only to find out I probably wasn't even playing against real people...
I guess it should have been obvious considering I had no idea what I was doing and pretty much hide in bushes until only one other was left, and he/she/it couldn't aim for shit during the final battle.

ETA: LOL, and now won my third game as well. How do we play for real?

Last edited:

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally came around to download this game on Switch and was all excited to win on my first try, only to find out I probably wasn't even playing against real people...
I guess it should have been obvious considering I had no idea what I was doing and pretty much hide in bushes until only one other was left, and he/she/it couldn't aim for shit during the final battle.

ETA: LOL, and now won my third game as well. How do we play for real?

Game is still sussing out your level and you should see less and less bots as you improve and the SBMM comes into effect. Game seems a lot easier to win on Switch though generally.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Game is still sussing out your level and you should see less and less bots as you improve and the SBMM comes into effect. Game seems a lot easier to win on Switch though generally.

Thanks. I would have preferred if they went the other way around, starting hard/normal and adjusting if you really suck, instead of letting you "taste glory" right away. But I guess they had to do that since there are so many kids playing this game.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Yeah, the game is kind of a joke if you play on Switch. I've recently started playing the game on the system since I went back home for the holidays and I've racked up over 20+ wins across solos, duos, and squads. No one ever really builds and if there is someone that does it's at least still manageable.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, the game is kind of a joke if you play on Switch. I've recently started playing the game on the system since I went back home for the holidays and I've racked up over 20+ wins across solos, duos, and squads. No one ever really builds and if there is someone that does it's at least still manageable.

Yeah, I'm already starting to lose interest. I played 6 matches, and I got 4 wins, a 2nd (no ammo) and a 10th (got stuck in a basement). And it's not like I'm any good so what's the point? It's like I'm playing a LeapFrog game.

I might try again on PS4.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Tried again tonight and I think they finally put me in a real match. Higher levels and much more building going on. Was third twice after being one-shot killed by the eventual winner both times. For now, I still can't help playing like an absolute coward though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how many StW players we have, but if anyone here would like to see a Jail build variant made with T2 wood that will work in a 140 4man fire zone, let me know.

This thing is nuts, lol.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Payback is the best skin. Might be my favorite in the game.
3deEmhF.jpg

aZ6LUOG.jpg

tlUtg2i.jpg
When are light sabers leaving? I'm going to miss them. Trying to get as many sweet screens with them as I can before they're gone.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Lightsabers are gone now. Playing around with them was some of the most fun I've had on here though. I'm hoping Epic introduces a similar weapon at some point. Still bummed we didn't get a pickaxe variant.

oasis007

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, it's all bots now. Played two games in a row where I didn't see a single real player. The bots and the new map is what turned me off after 2 years or so of playing.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I just got a banner for reaching level 200 and realized there's banners for achieving up to level 500. Wow. I mean I'm not going to bother grinding that much but it was just interesting to see there is some sort of reward.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like 350 is the final unlock for the scratch skin. I should get there after finishing these last two prestige missions and the overtime next week.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling the BP is so easy in this now. Every time I get on for an hour I level up like 5 - 8 times.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gotta love salty players. Killed someone only to get a message saying my mums a dirty shubb 🤣

Actually got a laugh out of me.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
What's the team perk? I only did a couple of the missions last night.

It reduces the cool down on all your abilities by 40 percent, and doesn't require event heroes to activate like blast from the past or totally rockin' out. Teddy cool down using a charge fragment is 25 seconds! You can even shorten that more with support heroes.

So now those heroes that have commander perks reducing energy cost for certain abilities may be useful for once.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, that's incredible. I've hated that a lot of the event team perks require event heroes.

Loving the boost abilities are getting.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
anyone know how to fix the gyro controls on switch..?
i tried using the pro controller and it wasnt working, but it was still accepting control input from the joycons at the same time
and then i switched back to the joycons and the xaxis motion wasnt working with the same settings. it only worked perfectly the first time with it set to roll

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
anyone know how to fix the gyro controls on switch..?
i tried using the pro controller and it wasnt working, but it was still accepting control input from the joycons at the same time
and then i switched back to the joycons and the xaxis motion wasnt working with the same settings. it only worked perfectly the first time with it set to roll

Wait what? There is gyro aim in Fortnite on Switch? I didn't know about this. What about PS4 version? Paladins has gyro aim for both PS4 and Switch.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Ugh, I'm so tired of these frame drops/lock ups on console. Legit just lost a game because I got a kill and my game dropped to like 10 FPS and then I got beamed cuz I couldn't even do anything.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's quite funny how people will create content for the game when there haven't been many updates this season.

Seems the newest thing is a fashion contest where everyone picks their outfit and ques up in a line to be judged. Those who survive then go onto the next round where they have to add an emote and the final round is expanded on this.

Some fun combinations of sprays, emotes and builds from what I have seen from some people (at least in the one Muselk video I saw this morning).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It's quite funny how people will create content for the game when there haven't been many updates this season.

Seems the newest thing is a fashion contest where everyone picks their outfit and ques up in a line to be judged. Those who survive then go onto the next round where they have to add an emote and the final round is expanded on this.

Some fun combinations of sprays, emotes and builds from what I have seen from some people (at least in the one Muselk video I saw this morning).

Ha, that sounds pretty fun.
I remember (bizzarely controversially) saying on here that I never liked the battle pass challenges, because I'd sooner make my own fun than be given a list of gimmicky things to do, so this is the type of thing that I love.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ha, that sounds pretty fun.
I remember (bizzarely controversially) saying on here that I never liked the battle pass challenges, because I'd sooner make my own fun than be given a list of gimmicky things to do, so this is the type of thing that I love.
Yeah you do get some creative stuff on there from people who are bored. I like watching the random challenges people make up like winning with only a boat or without touching the ground etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.