• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

WHAT'S FORTNITE CREATIVE?
It's a brand new way to experience the world of Fortnite, available on December 6. Design games, race around the island, battle your friends in new ways and build your dream Fortnite. It's all happening on your own private island where everything you make is saved.
Battle Pass owners will have access to a private island for the first week of Season 7. During this early access week Battle Pass owners can invite their friends to play on their island. Starting December 13, all players will have access to a private island for free. Watch the video below for all the details.

Looks cool to me, I'm not even a huge fan of the game and this is something that I'd mess around with.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if they are gonna show this again at The Game Awards like nothing happened, lol. That said, pretty cool stuff, and nice incentive for getting the pass.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if they are gonna show this again at The Game Awards like nothing happened, lol. That said, pretty cool stuff, and nice incentive for getting the pass.
Actually it seems like it was actually planned to be announced today, seeing as all youtubers had a video ready.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Build bases and create race tracks and stuff. Reminds me a little of Halo 3.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
That sounds damn cool. Like Minecraft... but Fortnite.

I've been spending some time with the Save The World mode. I enjoy the persistent fort, weapons, etc but I'm kind of shocked how unfinished it seems after all this time. It's almost like they have diverted most of the development resources to the Battle Royale mode.

Dracoonian

Dec 6, 2017
Huh. Not that it was ever going out of trend but this will definitely make sure we're gonna keep seeing Fortnite beyond 2019.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I don't care for the Battle Royale stuff but a Halo Forge style mode? That might draw me in...

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FortunateAdventurousBorzoi-max-1mb.gif

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
This is such a smart idea. "Hey, kids love Fortnight. Y'know what else they love? Minecraft."

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
The game has been hugely successful for them and the fact that they are leveraging its success into so much more is really impressive business. So far, it's paid off and this will bring a new type of audience to the game, helping it grow even more. Just when it seemed to be slowing down too. I wonder if they can include assets from the unreal marketplace.

This one is almost a guaranteed success, if they can find even half the success of this with their launcher that would be even more impressive.
It's a shame Paragon had to die for it though.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I've had this feeling like Fortnite was going to morph into the closest thing to the Oasis from Ready Player One. This is a step in that direction imo.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
So this is like Forge Fortnite edition? Curious if the community will like it as much as the halo community likes forge.
It already has its own sub-Reddit.

It's gonna be huge, there is a huge audience that plays Fortnite despite the fact that its core gameplay is a third-person shooter, they will love this.

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I really hope they have custom games browsers/map subscriptions with gamemodes. I mean fuck they would and could be a huge halo thing but that's up to them.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They say in the announce video that it's going to be rough at first. "The initial release will be rough". Reminds me of Fallout 76 with that talk.

Difference is I fully believe Epic is competent and will fix any issues, and most of them quickly if their work on Battle Royale is anything to go by.

I also like that the early access to the mode is included if you buy the Battle Pass...assuming the BattlePass is still the standard 950 V-bucks ($9.50).

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
They say in the announce video that it's going to be rough at first. "The initial release will be rough". Reminds me of Fallout 76 with that talk.

Difference is I fully believe Epic is competent and will fix any issues, and most of them quickly if their work on Battle Royale is anything to go by.

I also like that the early access to the mode is included if you buy the Battle Pass...assuming the BattlePass is still the standard 950 V-bucks ($9.50).

Plus it's free, unlike Fallout 76

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I hope this is somehow a really roundabout way of getting people to actually play the original Fortnite content before BR took over the game. Make your own island -> Defend your island from "invaders" with friends using these unique mechanics.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Paid new feature too? Release save The World for free before thinking about releasing new game feature as paid.

Edit: Paid is for 1 week early access. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: