• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
With the new 3.3 update released today you can play Cross Play and Also FINALLY!!! Log in on PC if you Epic account is being used on Xbox.

NEgoixL.png

After the update you get
  • A legal message on cross platform play
  • An option to dissable it
  • Shows which platforms you are matchmaking in.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played fortnite on Xbox in a few months. All the hype that's circling around it makes me want to jump back in.

So my progress and purchases will carry over to iOS once it comes out?

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I know that there is no PS4/Xbox Cross-Play, but how about Progression?

If I have my PS4/Epic Accounts linked, and then link an Xbox account, will all my unlocks carry back and forth?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Epic is putting so much work into this. I'm really happy to see a turnaround story like this in the industry. Months back, I tried the BR mode on a whim, and I put fifteen hours into it without a second thought. I haven't seen payoff for F2P like this since the Shareware days.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
So can I queue with PC friends on the X1, or does it just put me in games against them?

Oh is there an EPIC friends list or something?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, this is pretty seamless.

I just signed into the game on PC with the second account that I made specifically for Xbox (had to disconnect from the first account because it was giving my errors because it was connected to PSN) and all of my progress was already there, last skin selected and everything.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So I haven't played the game on PC yet. How do you add PC friends to party up with them? Also I wasn't given a pop up like that when I started the game.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't played the game on PC yet. How do you add PC friends to party up with them? Also I wasn't given a pop up like that when I started the game.

Same here.

Though the lobby screen does say:

Fill With: Same Platform
Play Against: Same Platform

I don't see any settings to enable/disable.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Its in the settings option, first tab, at the bottom.

I guess you invite via the party finder on console or the friends list on PC (you can also link Facebook Friends).

I see:

60fps, Swap Accept and Back, Martchmaking Region, Invert View, Sprint Cancels Reloading, Tap to Search, Toggle Targeting, Auto Equip, Vibration, Aim Assist, Reset Building, Turbo Building, Auto Material Change, Show Spectator Count, Controller Auto-Run, Streamer Mode.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I see:

60fps, Swap Accept and Back, Martchmaking Region, Invert View, Sprint Cancels Reloading, Tap to Search, Toggle Targeting, Auto Equip, Vibration, Aim Assist, Reset Building, Turbo Building, Auto Material Change, Show Spectator Count, Controller Auto-Run, Streamer Mode.
I'm assuming to see any of this cross play stuff you need to first boot the game up on PC with your account or get an invite to a PC players party.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cross progression is what I really care about. I wish more games did this. Particularly Ubisoft games.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nice. It's good to see the Xbox One version hitting parity with the PS4 version. It's certainly better late than never.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming to see any of this cross play stuff you need to first boot the game up on PC with your account or get an invite to a PC players party.

I did that, no dice.

Right now though there is an error message on my Xbox screen on Fortnite.

Party functionality limited: Party services are currently experiencing technical difficulties.

So I guess they're having some issues on their end at the moment.

edit: nevermind. The moment my friend joined my party that Cross-Platform Now Available message popped up on my Xbox and now I have the option in my settings.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Seems easy so far.

Logged in on PC everything carried over.
Played a solo BR game on PC with controller and got 2nd (sneaky sneak).

Also Save The World carries over to, gave that a quick test.

Cross progression Works great!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
all my xbox stuff is unlocked! very happy with this great update epic, my son will be happy as I can play on my preferred platform with him

Oct 27, 2017
Seems easy so far.

Logged in on PC everything carried over.
Played a solo BR game on PC with controller and got 2nd (sneaky sneak).

Also Save The World carries over to, gave that a quick test.

Cross progression Works great!
all my xbox stuff is unlocked! very happy with this great update epic, my son will be happy as I can play on my preferred platform with him

Nice, I can finally jump between my platforms, very good indeed.