• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Makes sense since the other console ones are cross play with PC.

Mod Edit: Threads merged

l_0AwK3y7h-J-Sdhh86M3aTqPmvSfvM10xG-6kvlCPE.jpg

god fuck off sony.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But can you chose not to cross play ?
I don't want to be playing against pc gamers on my handheld switch

Btw available To download

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nice, glad to see the crossplay train keep rolling

hopefully sony gets their head out of their asses for PS5

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
But can you chose not to cross play ?
I don't want to be playing against pc gamers on my handheld switch

Btw available To download
The way crossplay works in fortnite is pretty great. You only play against PC players if you chose to group up with a friend on PC. If you don't you'll never play against PC players.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good on Sony tbh. My niece plays Fornite on her PS4 and I wouldn't want her exposed to Switch players.

/s

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Did they finally add the option in to delink PSN from your epic account so you can use it on Xbox One, or maybe Switch then?

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I always felt that Nintendo and MS were closer than Nintendo and Sony, friendship wise. Am I wrong?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It sucks so much to have all my progress since release on PS4, without the ability to cross progress to Switch. :(

Wish I would have started on Xbox...

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
cant join a match right now..

Nintendo online Sub required confirmed....

I always felt that Nintendo and MS were closer than Nintendo and Sony, friendship wise. Am I wrong?

I think they do not exactly consider eachother in direct competition. At least certainly with Phil in charge of Xbox and Nintendo willing to allow crossplay which honestly is a damn good thing and sorta blows my mind.

I remember Major Nelson brining up 3DS games he loved to play on the road.. the top brass of MS are pretty open about being fans of games in general.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
What should be to the shock of nobody.

Xbox + Switch + PC + Mobile should have been a given with Sony sitting out of the console crossplay like always.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I thought that if you played this game, even on Xbox, at least your progress and items would carry over to the PS4, no? Even if you couldn't cross-play with PS4 people, couldn't you log in with your Epic Account and find it all waiting for you?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
If you play on PC and PS4, you're not able to log into your Epic account on the Xbox version. I wonder if being linked to the PS4 version will also prevent you from using your account on the Switch.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I delink my PSN account can I bring all of my stuff over to Switch?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
So if you play on PC and PS4, you're not able to log into your Epic account on the Xbox version. I wonder if being linked to the PS4 version will also prevent me from using my account on the Switch.
I'm downloading it to find out.

I'll be very unhappy if it does considering delinking doesn't even stop the lock as far as I'm aware.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will it restrict me to only other Switch players if I just queue up alone or with other Switch users?

The only appeal of Switch is that as far as I know no one will be using KB&M. Even on PS4 you probably get wrecked by KB&M people fairly often.

Gooby

Oct 28, 2017
doesnt let me link my switch account to my epic games because i have it connected to ps4 :/