1. Sonya snapped

2. Darknight

Darknight

Show me the sales numbers that says otherwise. People buy worse versions of a game for many reasons all the time. It's not a big enough impact that it's hurting Sony. It's a small vocal minority that is screaming while the large majority just don't care either by ignorance or just really not caring.

I hope it does become relevant at some point, but anyone thinking it's going to be this generation shouldn't hold their breath. It's just not happening and there's very little reason for Sony to do so. Maybe it'll bite them in the ass some day, but also said that about Activision doing annual releases of Call of Duty. Some day that's going to bite them in the ass, but they seem to be still making good money on it each year.

3. Transistor

Transistor

I'm a big Sony fan, but this is some bullshit. They really need to reverse their crossplay policy

4. gates2

gates2
    Banned Member

PS4 and PC are already a possibility, as per Drake and Ninja having a famous cross-platform game a few weeks or months ago. I think this is allowed because they are not competitors

5. Gooby

Gooby

can anyone else confirm that this works?

6. Bits N Pieces

Bits N Pieces

Is this a meme I've never seen before?

7. elzeus

elzeus

For shame Sony. I hope more devs come forward to push for crossplay (as they benefit as well from larger combined player pools) without the fear of being punished by Sony as their platform distributor.

8. Betty

Betty
    Banned Member

I'm fine with them reversing this policy for everything except PC, had too many bad experiences with cheaters on that platform, Switch and Xbox would be fine though.

9. Blacki138

Blacki138

Lol. 5 minutes after I made a new account and bought the battle pass.

Seems like Stw isn't even an option on switch so I'm good.

10. Solid

Solid

PC and PS4 are absolutely competitors. They might not share the same exact space in the market, but it wasn't all that long ago that Andrew House stated explicitly that the PS4 Pro was designed and released to compete against PC, to keep players from migrating away from Sony's ecosystem as time went on and the OG PS4 showed its age.

11. Solid

Solid

Cross-platform play with PC owners is on an opt-in basis. Like, it exists so that you can party up with a friend who's playing on PC. As a console player, you aren't matchmade against PC players unless you party up with one.

12. bitunoriginal

bitunoriginal

Well damn... I've hated Fortnite since I tried it on PS4 but this 50 vs 50 mode is the shit! Absolutely rinsed my battery tonight, probably the first time I've played from 100 down to 10 percent. Works pretty well in handheld mode too!

13. FlyingLlama

FlyingLlama

We sure because mine wouldn't link until I deactivated Sony and now it works fine.

14. Betty

Betty
    Banned Member

Oh, I thought it was a case where games would have a selection of players from every platform mixed together, but it'll just be the people you party up with and in game it'll be your own console? That doesn't sound so bad then.

15. Grazzt

Grazzt

I hope you are not being serious

are you?!?!

16. gates2

gates2
    Banned Member

Then why would Sony allow it if they are direct competitors? Could it be because PC has a big enough userbase to be a value proposition?

As I said before, I think if all platforms end up with the same numbers of online users, then there would be no more obstacles for Sony because their own playerbase would benefit and the companies would all share network load and costs anyway.

17. Solid

Solid

Nope, console and (I believe) mobile all exist in the same matchmaking pool. Only PC is segregated off, unless you opt in by playing with a PC player in your party.

18. DongBeetle

DongBeetle

Lmao is this a meme?

19. DumpsterJuice

DumpsterJuice

Fo da playas.

20. Solid

Solid

The only obstacle for Sony is their obstinance, currently. Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo don't have to share in the network load and costs of Fortnite, a game that's owned and operated by Epic. Epic runs the servers and the matchmaking and everything. You've got a very strange understanding of how these networks function and operate. Nothing that Sony would be doing in allowing cross-play would merit that everyone else in the industry involved with Fortnite pay them and them alone a fee. It's an absolutely absurd thought steeped in some pretty transparent fanboyism.

21. Kazooie5659

Kazooie5659

This. I'm afraid of unlinking my PSN from my Epic account because it says it's gonna reset everything.

22. greekappi

greekappi

I just tried it. Didn't work. I had already deactivated my PS4 account anyway so I wasn't risking anything. So what I did was set up a new Epic account, linked my PSN to the new Epic account. Then put my Switch account on my original Epic account. No dice, still says can't log in using that account.

23. Solid

Solid

they're serious :(

24. Multiple people on reddit saying it doesn't work.

25. monkyrez

monkyrez

I also tried the method mentioned above and it still won't allow me to play using my account on Switch.

26. David

David

hahahahaha

I came for this

27. FlyingLlama

FlyingLlama

It is all definitely very strange as I had my PSN Xbox and PC accounts all on my epic account and it would t let me link switch until I clicked deactivate on PSN.

How it allowed them in the first place is beyond me.

28. *Clamp...Snip-Snip*

Ah, the miracle of meme birth.

29. SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

I'm sure Sony will fix this after this backlash. This is unacceptable.

Best trollpost on resetERA in weeks. Loving it.

30. flkRaven

flkRaven

Oh man, I've bookmarked this. IMO this is ResetERA's first original 'Japanese culture, I'm an expert' meme. Thank you!

31. Lokoline

Lokoline

C'mon Sony, release the beast.

32. gates2

gates2
    Banned Member

I meant for all games of course, not only for Fortnite.
    However, if there is no network strain involved then that would change the situation..

Btw I take offence with "fanboyism", I wrote all gamers are created equal and it doesn't matter which games you prefer. A fanboy would say that game X is the best and people who buy system Y are stupid and whatnot.
    Console playerbases are a direct result of the console companies their actions. Again, players should not bear that burden.
    Also you should not feel sorry for your favorite company if they 'lose'; unless you have stock or something. Wheras a fanboy will cry if his favorite system loses NPD or if an exclusive title does not have a high enough metacritic.

33. MattB

MattB

A new troll meme!

34. Knight613

Knight613

Haven't really seen many Sony exec interviews during E3 this week. Maybe they're dodging them all because they don't want to answer the crossplay question again.

35. Mr. Poolman

Mr. Poolman

You can't be serious.

36. Herb Alpert

Herb Alpert

Good parody, I Iaughed thank you

37. Stardestroyer

Stardestroyer

Backlash where? The amount of people here and on reddit make such a small percentage that sony probably doesn't care. Fortnite popularity extends beyond the traditional gamer.

38. Solid

Solid

The developers and publishers who actually create these games (the parties who want cross-platform play the most, because it allows them to achieve platform-agnostic visions for their service games) are the entities who host the servers that their games are played on, and they operate the matchmaking. Not Sony or Microsoft. That's why, last year, the developers of Rocket League stated plainly that they could have cross-platform play with Xbox and PS4 running with a flip of a switch (their words), except that Sony is preventing them from doing so. A political barrier is what they called it. Connecting an Xbox Live player and a PSN player is as simple as putting them on the same Rocket League server, on their end.

39. FamousLastX

FamousLastX

Hey little late and haven’t read through this whole thread but took the dive and it does work. Didn’t lose anything on PS4 by unlinking my Xbox account and was then able to link it with the new account I setup on Switch so you should be good to do the same!

40. tommy7154

tommy7154

41. Moosichu

Moosichu

Doesn't that that mean a bigger backlash?

42. Is there

43. ghostcrew

ghostcrew

I’m sure others have mentioned this already but you know the PS4 version of Fortnite natively supports keyboard and mouse play right? If it’s that much of an advantage you can do it right now. Go plug a USB KB&M into your PS4 and all the ingame icons and hotkeys magically switch to PC KB&M icons.

44. Solid

Solid

45. headspawn

headspawn

Wow, I'm glad Epic finally allows you to Unlink your accounts manually without jumping through hoops. Should've had this feature a looong time ago.

Next question though... how do you Log out of an account on Switch Fortnite.

46. Stardestroyer

Stardestroyer

How does an insignificant percentage of players mean bigger backlash? Honestly, the only way for us to know if there is a blacklash would be IF or When Sony decides to remove the block. Until then we are all just speculation based on hopes and dreams.

47. Backlash would only be from PS4 owners who make up I believe the majority of the player count anyway. Even still there's cross play with everything else. Also KB+M support.

48. RdN

RdN

Must be. Either that or he's a Sony employee posing as a fan. Because I honestly refuse to accept that someone can adore a COMPANY like that,

49. Xharos

Xharos

This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read

50. Nolbertos

Nolbertos

This is a parady meme like the other one about “I’m japanese and know japenese culture meme” right guys, right??