• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
I'm not defending them. It's their policy. Anti-consumer or not. We didn't sign an agreement with Sony when we bought their console or when we downloaded Fortnite that there will be crossplay in the future. Hope they do change their mind though.

THIS. ISN'T. ABOUT. CROSSPLAY.

It's about Sony LOCKING our accounts, which contain items we have paid REAL MONEY FOR, to their console. I honestly don't give a sweet shit if my PS4 can play with Switch.

But I do care that I can't play on my Switch with my account because of Sony's stipulation.

You are correct, they have EVERY right to say "We don't want Xbox or Switch players to connect to PS4 players, and this is a stipulation for your game being allowed on your system."

But they have no right to lock our accounts from being to be used on other platforms if that's what we want to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
No crossplay is one thing, I don't like it and I think Sony is being short sighted but whatever. The thing with the accounts is going way too far. It's a clear abuse of power and inadmisible. And Epic is also responsible, it's their game and their user accounts. They are not some little indie studio unable to make a stand against the big bad Sony. How many people would sell their PS4 and buy a Xbox if Epic removes Fortnite from PS4?.

I am outraged and I don't even give a fuck about Fortnite. I can't understand how there are some people here defending Sony unless they are getting paid for doing so or are idiots trolling.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Sony is making a smart play here. Playing on PlayStation is an exclusive experience. It makes me feel like I've got a more premium product.

.......................................................................................................................................................what

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

It's about Sony LOCKING our accounts, which contain items we have paid REAL MONEY FOR, to their console. I honestly don't give a sweet shit if my PS4 can play with Switch.

But I do care that I can't play on my Switch with my account because of Sony's stipulation.

You are correct, they have EVERY right to say "We don't want Xbox or Switch players to connect to PS4 players, and this is a stipulation for your game being allowed on your system."

But they have no right to lock our accounts from being to be used on other platforms if that's what we want to do.
The worst part is that they're technically locking out your PC purchases from being transferred to your Switch. For example let's say you play always on PC and have made all purchases on PC, but you played on PS4 once to see how it looked. Now you want to play on Switch. You can't.

In this scenario, Sony is locking your PC purchases from being used on Switch or Xbox One.

It's absurd.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
I wish someone would combine all these Fortnite threads...

Sony will have to budge on this sooner or later.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not defending them. It's their policy. Anti-consumer or not. We didn't sign an agreement with Sony when we bought their console or when we downloaded Fortnite that there will be crossplay in the future. Hope they do change their mind though.

"I'm not defending them"

Immediately proceeds to defend them

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The following is slightly off topic and me rambling because Im pissed off:

So Im trying to link my new fucking epic games account to my Xbox and I get a message telling me I already linked it. No I fucking didnt, but OK.

So I try to unlink it and epic says they need to verify my account first before allowing me to unlink. OK.

So I tell Epic to resend my verification email to this new email address and it won't send it to me. OK???

So I cant unlink whatever the fuck linked and so Im not playing on PS4 because Sony sucks and Im not playing on Xbox because if I dont link my damn account now it says I never can. Why the fuck cant I do it later?? Thats what I did on PS4...

Fuck you Sony. And Epic get your shit together. It shouldnt be this hard to play a fucking game.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Oh my god, if you don't care why don't you stay silent?

Do you know one of they ways to force companies to change anti-consumer policies, even if they are legal? Bad PR. Which means complaining and being as annoying as possible to Sony.

If you don't have anything to contribute just leave these threads alone, for god's sake. Unless you want to contribute to Sony not changing this stupid, tone deaf, anti-consumer, shameful, spiteful, unjustifiable and greedy policy, which would be pretty strange unless you're a Sony shareholder and not a consumer.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Sony is making a smart play here. Playing on PlayStation is an exclusive experience. It makes me feel like I've got a more premium product.
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oh my god, if you don't care why don't you stay silent?

Do you know one of they ways to force companies to change anti-consumer policies, even if they are legal? Bad PR. Which means complaining and being as annoying as possible to Sony.

If you don't have anything to contribute just leave these threads alone, for god's sake. Unless you want to contribute to Sony not changing this stupid, tone deaf, anti-consumer, shameful, spiteful, unjustifiable and greedy policy, which would be pretty strange unless you're a Sony shareholder and not a consumer.

Being annoying and bad PR is OK. No spending a single dollar on PS Store until they apologize and fix this would be much better.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I think it's gonna happen eventually, just keep pestering em about it and they will cave eventually.

I think it's Epic's best interest to try and persuade Sony with exclusive skins, Nathan Drake, Joel, Kratos etc.... Microsoft can use Master Chief, and Nintendo can use Samus.

Jun 7, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think other games let you transfer paid dlc between platforms either.

True, but Fortnite does let you transfer paid content between platforms, unless your account has ever touched the PS4, in which case your account is forever tainted (or, on the flipside, if your account has previously been on XB1 or Switch, in which case transfer to PS4 is not permitted.)

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm extremely tempted to make a bingo sheet for the typical Sony defense force after another one of these scenarios happen.

"I'm no defending Sony but..."
"It's their product so..."
"Microsoft did this last generation so..."
"Sony can't trust other networks to be secure..."
"Playstation has the largest install base so..."
"Why would the lead console do..."

I feel like I'm missing at least 3 more.

And before you all jump at me for DARING to call these arguments dumb and obnoxious, my ONLY current gen console is a PS4 (tho I really want to buy a Switch eventually). I WANT a better product.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The only Sony console I currently own is a PS2, so don't blame me!

Hahahaha. I was mostly speaking about guys who play/played Fortnite on PS4 and want to play it also on Switch (or Xbox). I have a PS4 and a Switch, I don't care about Fortnite at all and I'm seriously considering boycotting Sony for this (until Kiwami 2 releases, I'm a weak man).

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017

Exactly. Cant be said enough.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cant be said enough. I really dont care at all if they allow crossplay. If they want to be dicks about that, cool. I understand it. It's not ideal but it's not something Im going to argue against. When they lock my EPICGAMES account to THEIR system though...that's why I'm pissed off. I want my account and my Vbucks and my skins. Or they can even keep my skins and my Vbucks that I bought with PSN $$$. I dont care. Just let my account off your damn system so I can enjoy the game elsewhere.

Oct 28, 2017
The worst part is that they're technically locking out your PC purchases from being transferred to your Switch. For example let's say you play always on PC and have made all purchases on PC, but you played on PS4 once to see how it looked. Now you want to play on Switch. You can't.

In this scenario, Sony is locking your PC purchases from being used on Switch or Xbox One.

It's absurd.
Ps4 is the herpes of gaming right now. If a fornite account even touches your ps4 you're never getting rid of Sony outside of starting a new account.

Oct 25, 2017

It's absurd.
This is the situation I'm in and it sucks. I don't even understand how it's legal.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
The PR from sony

"Look how big our dick is.... We have most active users on our online service"

"Theirs millions playing Fornite on OUR system, play on our system instead"

"We already have Cross play, but not with our competitors."

These are the type of things why I don't like Sony since the Ps3 days.