• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 users thirsty for some BR

I have a feeling this game is gonna fade once PUBG comes out on PS4 though. Tried it on PC and it's just wall building nonsense.
Fortnite will still have an advantage in that you don't need PS Plus to play it. In addition to the $30 entry fee, it also needs to justify $60 per year for some Fortnite players.

Zone

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Daybreak don't have one now and I don't see why they would if they were under Sony. Actually Sony tried even before PUBG by bringing the man who did it himself to create king of the Kill before he left and made PUBG.

They do, it's H1Z1.

On Topic: It is so addicting. The amount of fun I'm getting from it is unreal. I even dipped to buy some costumes too.

Bleedorang3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite Battle Royale is awesome, and it's incredible that it's actually free. Everyone should give it a try.

I gave it a fair shake. It's really, really bad. The shooting is awful and the build-first shoot-second mechanics are counter-intuitive and unfun. I realize I may be in the minority here but in my opinion its a bad game.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

I have a feeling this game is gonna fade once PUBG comes out on PS4 though. Tried it on PC and it's just wall building nonsense.
don't underestimate the power of F2P

Being an approachable / streamlined, F2P game was what helped League of Legends rise to be the de facto king of MOBAs.

Imho, they should just drop the building mechanics from the BattleRoyale mode altogether, though. They're 'legacy' mechanics :P

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kicking themselves? Nope, they are more than happy with the X1/PC version, Sony didn't want PUBG due to "Early Access" not Bluehole.

If Fortnite, Paragon can both be in early access on PSN I'm sure Bluehole could have pulled some strings.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played any of these BR games (and not in a hurry to start tbh) but have watched a bit on Twitch and Fornite seems like a much better put together game than PUBG, it's more fun to watch at least.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
It's the first BR game that I was able to get into. They do such a great job updating the game with new stuff that the word of mouth on it is unreal. It's been fun watching people from all different kinds of games communities come over to Fortnite in the last couple of months.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's also ahead of PUBG on Twich so it's not surprising that it is also very popular on PS4.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I gave it a fair shake. It's really, really bad. The shooting is awful and the build-first shoot-second mechanics are counter-intuitive and unfun. I realize I may be in the minority here but in my opinion its a bad game.

Completely agree, played it on Xbox while waiting for pubg to release. I did not like the building mechanics and just want enjoying it. Glad it was free to try though.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played any of these BR games (and not in a hurry to start tbh) but have watched a bit on Twitch and Fornite seems like a much better put together game than PUBG, it's more fun to watch at least.
I don't know how things are now after the Intel fix, but as someone who plays both I think Fortnite is better thanks to it actually working. PUBG has too many server and performance issues, feels insane that both are the same engine yet PUBG spends half of the match rubber-banding if you're lucky to stay alive, it does get better when there isn't that many people left.
Also the map is smaller so there's constantly something going on and the running around aimlessly is cut off, which makes it more appealing to watch too I think.
Just personal opinions though, I can see why many would prefer the more realistic take.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I figured as much, almost all people from my friends list who used to be on Destiny all the time are now on Fortnite.

It's such a shame though because I enjoy the shooting and overall movement, but I just don't care about the gathering and building aspect of the game. Kind of reminds me of why I didn't like Starhawk with that base building and stuff, though I loved Warhawk due to how simple and straightforward it was. I just want to get in and shoot people in the face, not worry about if they're going to build a row of walls to block my shots.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Recently brought the PvE, love it more than the BR.

If they streamlined the menus, the game would be bulletproof

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Its the much better game
PuBG is just a bad shooter - Even that new Escape from Tarkov Game looks more interesting.

Fortnite actually runs good on a toaster and is Free2Play unlike PuBG
Fortnite with its wall building in combat situations is extremely challenging unlike that other game with its broken gameplay

Seeing how Fortnite is F2P and such a polished and well designed game is just insane especially if the direct competitor charges you money.
Plus Fortnite is extremely well running on consoles

Epic made a masterpiece with Fortnite
PubG is just low quality compared to it and popularity in recent weeks shows that.
Also a lot more Proplayers prefer these days Fortnite cause of how much skill it takes to build stuff quick which gets crazy on PC once a couple good people are the last ones standing at the end.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
They've improved so much after the initial release that I don't even see it as the same game anymore.

Its actually intimidating.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of my old Destiny buddies migrated over to Fortnite, I personally cant get into it, but without a doubt its blown up. I don't think PUBG, whenever it comes over, is going to slow it down.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is extremely fun and Epic are doing an incredible job talking to the community and quickly adding new content. It's exactly how to handle a game like this.

WingM@n

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like Fortnite more than PUBG.
I'm sure that Rockstar is making a gta 5 battle royale mode. That would be a perfect fit for gta 5.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Also Fortnite streams are far more fun to watch IMO as there aren't the long boring travel sections.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's good fun, definitely scratches the arcade battle royale itch but I still prefer PUBG because it can be way more intense thanks to the realistic ballistics in that game. Though I do know Fortnite is looking to change ballistics to less raycast and more bullet drop styled which will be a far better gameplay change than what is currently available.

It has no connection to actual playerbase, but Fortnite is still very much popular.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've noticed that it's starting to fill up my friends list. Still haven't downloaded it, I don't even know why not.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

They are fixing the shooting at least. What we've seen of it looks infinitely better than what's in the game currently, at least in my opinion.

The building does present issues though I agree. Hopefully they will make some tweaks over time that make building more about strategy and efficiency as opposed to spamming.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
The 1000 point pack/10$ battlepass is a good price for a game if you play it a ton.
Yeah they handled the Battle Pass very well. Especially if you play it a lot you get a lot out of the Battle Pass for $10 especially that you can see ahead of time what you will unlock for reaching the next tiers and the Battle Pass lasts what like 90 days?

Whereas nowadays in other games full retail $60 games mind you. Spending $10 in it would get you a few lootboxes with random little crap

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
They do, it's H1Z1.

On Topic: It is so addicting. The amount of fun I'm getting from it is unreal. I even dipped to buy some costumes too.
I meant a successful one in the same scale as PUBG. I even mentioned King of the Kill in my post.

How do you explain the game being the same if not bigger now on Xbox then? both game can co-exist and be successful without one completely destroying the other.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Played it once to see what the fuss was about. Nope, still an old ass.

My lil brother is a junkie tho. Very visually pleasing game, specially compared to PUBG.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Fortnite BR on PS4. I was surprised to see that it plays and feels like a polished, stable, legitimate game -- I don't have anything against PUBG but PUBG doesn't exactly feel like that, and especially not on Xbox. :p

Glad to see it catching on

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like people aren't really grasping just how popular Fortnite is. It's a legitimately very successful game. It was before Battle Royals, but that just made it even more so

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
wow. does fortnite have crossplay with ps4/xb1?
No, but it does have limited crossplay and shared progression between PC and PS4.
I'm happy Fortnite is seeing Success. I just want the map to be a bit more bigger or at least add more buildings.
They are adding a new city area to the map with the target date of "early 2018".

Its the top played game on Xbox too, PUBG is sitting 6th. Its holding incredibly strong on PC with a larger viewership on Twtich than PUBG too. Both games can coexist comfortably, but i think you're discrediting Fortnite's success and quality a bit here.

Last edited:

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what all of this "Bluehole screwed up" talk if we are talking about a game that is still not finished yet. At least in the case of Fortnite, it started off as an "early access" with the fort gameplay before moving into the Battle Royale and expanding the game further from there. Chances are that if PUBG was released under the same circumstances that it was when it got released for the X1, the game would have been torn to shreds. Also helps that even if it was first released on the PS4, there still would have been a fee to it whereas fortnite is free (but I still bought my entry fee for the early access).

The Fortnite guys basically struck at just the right time and ensured that the "Battle Royale" games weren't going to be a monopoly.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been hooked on it since the summer. It's come a long way and seems to get better every week with all the patches they do. Only complaints from me was the stuttering issue on PC but they seemed to fix that problem with the last few patches.

Oct 27, 2017
No, but it does have limited crossplay and shared progression between PC and PS4.

They are adding a new city area to the map with the target date of "early 2018".

Its the top played games on Xbox too, PUBG is sitting 6th. Its holding incredibly strong on PC with a larger viewership on Twtich than PUBG too. Both games can coexist comfortably, but i think you're discrediting Fortnite's success and quality a bit here.

I don't believe PUBG has crossplay either, correct?