• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Im not sure how to put this into words ,but damn fortnite is one of the few popular games that didnt click with me whatsoever, I use to play with a lot of friends games like rocket league , overwatch , and other few online games , but OMG everyone I know is playing fortnite and im already feeling left out with rocket league and overwatch. Like literally everyone i know is playing fortnite atm.

So for now for I only play few games in rocket league and overwatch alone , I already feel like im burned with games .

Anyone feel the same?

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would your dislike of Fortnite affect how you enjoy other games? Because your friends don't play RL/OW?

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Use that alone time to hit up some single player games! Switch it up until you and your friends find another MP game that you all enjoy together.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is why i now stick to single player games. Multiplayer games like MMOS were great during my high school years, nowadays, i steer clear from them.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
You're not burned on games, you're just bummed out that your friends don't play OW or RL with you anymore.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have faith with online only games tbh, so I can't know exactly how you feel. *hughs his single player and local multiplayer games*

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It hasn't really impacted games yet.

Wait until all AAA games are Battle Royale. Then you will feel the hate.

E3 is going to be nightmare material.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I literally don't ever think about fortnite because it doesn't look fun to me. But I'm playing other games and loving it...

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see where the OP is coming from. Same thing happened to me with Gravity Rush 2, it was like the final straw that broke the camel's back.

I mostly here for Magic the Gathering these days.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I used to play Fortnite a lot but now my oittll brother is obsessed with it so I kinda stopped playing

Also other players got too damn good at the game and I feel like im not shit anymore at it lol. Back to single player games I go

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Im not sure how to put this into words ,but damn fortnite is one of the few popular games that didnt click with me whatsoever, I use to play with a lot of friends games like rocket league , overwatch , and other few online games , but OMG everyone I know is playing fortnite and im already feeling left out with rocket league and overwatch. Like literally everyone i know is playing fortnite atm.

So for now for I only play few games in rocket league and overwatch alone , I already feel like im burned with games .

Anyone feel the same?
"Ugh this one super popular game has killed my interest in other games.. except for the next two most popular games"

This feels like... not much of a complaint.

Dec 14, 2017
This makes no sense. I ate a banana and now I hate food.
Well said.

But seriously, you're not burned out on games OP. You seem to be misplacing the disparity of interest in Fortnite between those around you and yourself, with a disinterest of the broader subject. If you only had fun playing RL and OW with those friends, then I suggest you re-evaluate if you really enjoy them or if you enjoy'd them due to the company of your friends. Like others have said, play some other games for a change.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
It really sucks when you love a multiplayer game and your friends move on. It happened to me with Destiny. All my buddies moved on to the inferior D2 and for a while I was left alone playing D1 after I gave up on D2. And now nobody plays even D2.

I've played other games since then, loved GoW and Horizon for instance. But those games are done in a few days. It's a single serve experience, they're not hobbies you engage in for months or years.

I feel your pain OP. Hopefully your buddies come back to the game you like, or something new comes out that scratches that itch and pulls your buddies in along with you.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World kind of had the same effect on me, forced myself through 10 hours and for the next few weeks my ability to have fun with anything was diminished slightly.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
yea i'm not understanding your point here. if anything it sounds like you have even more reason to look for new games to play

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Love the game, but did get burned out for about 6 weeks due to friends only wanting to play the game. It can be hard especially if they are your best friends but you deserve to have fun. I personally dug into some single player games that were on my backlog and got back into PSO2 for a bit. Sounds like you're more upset not getting to hang with your mates then Fortnite ruining everything.

Lots of good single player games out! Dig in!

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
try singleplayer games? Don't be afraid of being "left out". Let me tell you something. Back in my final year in high school (2012), I made a new group of friends with whom I played LoL. We rose from nothing to level 30 It was a blast. I am a singleplayer guy so playing a multiplayer game for so long was rare, only few exceptions like Halo and Gears, but I never played them solo, I would only play them with friends. Anyways, we played and it was great.
We would hang out on weekends, then at night we would play LoL- we didn't let it get in the way of our studies so we only played Tuesdays, Thursdays and weekends. Then it turned into a daily thing. And in the blink of an eye, we were in college and still playing it. But I hated it. I hated LoL with a burning passion. I wasn't having fun, some of my friends still play it to date, almost daily too, the rest have moved to Fortnite. But in 2014 I just said "okay, that's enough. I'm fucking done with this game" and I uninstalled. I did hang out with my friends less but I focused on my studies a lot more and I went back to singleplayer games, admittedly 2014 wasn't a great year for gaming but I catched up with a lot of games released from 2011 til then. I don't regret it and have never felt the urge to go back to it. I follow the artists on ArtStation but that's it. I have no interest in going back and it worked wonders for me. Tried to get into Fortnite as well but two matches in, and I knew it was a HARD PASS for me. For almost a year I basically stopped playing multiplayer games until I found out about people from my college played OW and I've been having a ton of fun ever since (Lockout is pretty much the only thing I enjoy playing in Overwatch). We are not always online, but when we do get together to play, it's usually a blast, like once or twice a week, sometimes every 2 weeks.

If you don't like the game, don't force yourself to enjoy it. Do your thing and try new things. Try singleplayer games, who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy them more

Oct 25, 2017
Are you not into single player at all, OP?

You could just focus on playing some cool games by yourself until your friends move on to something you also enjoy.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty much impossible to make new gaming friends in online matches with randos. Nobody is ever on mic .

I don't know a single person who plays games online. :(

That said, op, play some single player games.
You gotta be that guy being positively vocal and it brings people out, then just ask if people want to queue up together or play some more after a good match.

People like limiting randomness in their games as much as possible

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes no sense?

You won't play a game you don't enjoy with friends but you also won't play a game you do enjoy without friends?

Just play the games you enjoy, seems you're more obsessed with validation than your own enjoyment.

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly play single player so I don't have worry about what my friends are playing. And I have no problem playing with randoms in the few MP games I do occasionally play.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uh play what you like? i never play popular games just because they are popular.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I hear ya OP. The few times I tried it, I landed, and got eliminated within 5 minutes each time, I don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.