• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So Microsoft has a handy chart where you can see the most played Xbox One games by country.

It's also #2 in the UK, where it's behind FIFA.

xboxoneweek4462sfg.png

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

UK for the curious: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-played/games/xbox

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very curious to see how much of PUBG's lunch they ate once that game launches.

Egrimal

Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
Most people on my playstation friends list are playing this (including some who said they wouldn't play anything other than Destiny 2 for the foreseeable).

It's a great game and deserves to do well. That is worrying a bit for PUBG on Xbox given it has a price for entry as well.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
That is worrying a bit for PUBG on Xbox given it has a price for entry as well.

Disagree, i think its a good sign that the audience for battle Royale games is there

PUBG is famous enough for people playing fortnite now to know its the "real deal"

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
There was a huge update last week that added levelling, cosmetics, challenges, new item, etc.

In fact, their servers were stressed

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
The patch makes me think Epic are all in on this which is great. They do lots of events, and lots of skins for Paragon, also tons of meaty patches. Another huge patch was released on Paragon, Epic are becoming one of my most liked game updaters. If I stuck with Warframe since the time I first tried it, I'm sure I'd add that game's Dev in that list too.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree, i think its a good sign that the audience for battle Royale games is there

PUBG is famous enough for people playing fortnite now to know its the "real deal"

If anything, fortnite helped me realize that I don't really care for battle royale. I was initially hyped for pubg too. I'll still play fortnite if I get the urge though as it's free.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If anything, fortnite helped me realize that I don't really care for battle royale. I was initially hyped for pubg too. I'll still play fortnite if I get the urge though as it's free.

To be fair, Fortnite's Battle Royale isn't nearly as good as PUBGs. Played one match and uninstalled it, PUBG is addicting.

Oct 27, 2017
I think PUBG will be fine. While it's not free, I think players know the hype and the quality it should bring when compared to fortnite. It's good that fortnite is doing well because it shows there's an audience for the genre on console

The more interesting thing is that Destiny 2 is dropping fairly fast. I wouldn't be suprised to see it drop more when COD, Battlefront and PUBG launch

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I have the same exact feeling. I play Fortnite from time to time and I like it to a certain extent, but if/when PUBG comes to PS4 I definitely wont buy it because I don't enjoy Battle Royale that much and there's a good free alternative already.

Oct 26, 2017
Shows that the PUBG thirst is real. Fortnite runs like such garbage on Xbox though. I wonder if the XBX will be able to run it without the massive frame drops XBO gets. PUBG better not launch in as dire a state as this. This is probably the worst running console game I've played. At least in recent memory.

As for the game itself. It's kind of fun. But I don't like the fort building stuff. Shoot at a guy, get two hits on him, and instantly there's a 2 story fort around him. The initial part of the game is more fun when you're fighting house to house for resources. The problem of course being that the massive frame drops happen more during that phase. It literally goes under 1 FPS at times. It actually makes me angry at my Xbox friends for not getting PCs.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I have the same exact feeling. I play Fortnite from time to time and I like it to a certain extend, but if/when PUBG comes to PS4 I definitely wont buy it because I don't enjoy Battle Royale that much and there's a good free alternative.

Pretty much. I don't think pubg is going to be a flop or anything like that, but fortnite has definitely saved me from my hype as I found that I don't enjoy the genre as much as I used to. It's not an issue with the mechanics of the game, I guess just don't enjoy that "thrill" as much as I used to sadly.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Feel exactly the same.

Was interested in Battlegrounds and the Battle Royal craze.

Playing a couple of Fortnite matches was nice but i feel like i got my good share of Battle Royal.

Its gonna do well and people gonna love it but some people like me good their fix already for free.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. It strikes a niche that no other game has filled so far. I would expect PUBG to jump to the top from the get go. The thirst is real.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Most people on my playstation friends list are playing this (including some who said they wouldn't play anything other than Destiny 2 for the foreseeable).

It's a great game and deserves to do well. That is worrying a bit for PUBG on Xbox given it has a price for entry as well.
To be fair, most people who said that did so before playing it or before hitting the somewhat bleak endgame.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It is for the last couple of weeks i believe. Pretty crazy.

Not surprised considering its free.

That doesnt really matter. There tons of free games on Xbox and they dont get that high. Also this is most played so there is something there. It not just most downloaded.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Fortnite's Battle Royale isn't nearly as good as PUBGs. Played one match and uninstalled it, PUBG is addicting.

Fortnite's BR is way better than PUBG and you're starting to see top streamers acknowledge that. I could go into all the ways that Battlegrounds is starting to rankle and underwhelm, but the idea that it's coming out of early access and roll out in a month is laughable. It's a glitchy and poorly optimized as ever and it took Epic about a month to add a more meaningful update for Fortnite than PUBG has gotten in like 6 months.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of those 811k CCU have to be on the Xbox One platform obviously.
The comparison in December will be the most interesting as they're the same genre, but a different business model

mkp64

Oct 25, 2017
Wow...game is fun as hell. I can't see myself switching over to PUBG whenever it comes out on PS4.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The fight between the Battle Royals begins in December. Curious how this will all play out

And how the hell could one "simple" game concept become suddenly so fucking popular? The whole thing wasn't invented this year if I'm correct

Stitches

Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland
Huh, good for them. I tried it on PC, but I didn't really take a liking to it. I'm yet to dismiss Battle-Royale games until I try PUBG

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
That's pretty rad. The game has exploded since it came out. That rush when you get to the final 10 is the real deal.

Disclaimer: I work there so I guess I'm biased - but it's a damn fun game.

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for fortnite. Epic are really doing a great job. Huge patches every week for that game. Really listen to the community. Runs great, plays great.

A+

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how much they're making from their virtual currency, the game is super popular but I wonder how many of them are bothering with the cosmetic stuff.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a co-worker who basically only plays Ark and GTAO (PS4). He complains about them constantly, yet he goes back and plays them more every night...

I suffer from the same desease. In my case I despise and I'm vocal about Nintendo's laughable online structure, while playing Mario Kart 8 regularly.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Has Epic commented on how they are going to monetize Fortnight BR? Now that they've gotten some steam I cannot imagine that it will continue to be free to play. Hopefully they keep any monetization to cosmetics

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There was a more recent thread on this. Don't know why this one was bumped given the thread title is now inaccurate.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, still #2. Epic really eating Bluehole's lunch, huh. I imagine the low price of free goes a long way there.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Fortnite seems like it's big/getting big in a kind of mainstream way that I wasn't expecting, at least among people outside of the internet that I talk to about video game stuff with. Anecdotal, but numerous coworkers (who are typically only playing bigger, more mainstream stuff like COD and Madden) have gotten way into Fortnite. I was talking to them about PUBG coming out soon (this was a couple weeks ago) and they all just assumed I was talking about Fortnite. They had never heard of PUBG, but were big fans of Fortnite. I wonder if a lot of the popularity/word of mouth comes from it being a free game? I also wonder how this PUBG vs. Fortnite (vs. whoever else still shows up) plays out on consoles in the coming months/years.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017
Has Epic commented on how they are going to monetize Fortnight BR? Now that they've gotten some steam I cannot imagine that it will continue to be free to play. Hopefully they keep any monetization to cosmetics
Yes, cosmetics only. It will always be free to play. Right now there's a battle pass for season 2 that people can buy for about $10. It will be stuff like that for monetization.

Status
Not open for further replies.