• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty huge. Fortnite has been most played since like summer 2018. Went Fortnite became big. It never lost the #1. Until now with Gears 5.
This is also the Ultimate edition wich is counted since friday for played hours. I wont stay on top for a long time offcourse. But gamepass doing alot of work.

US

annotation2019-09-110hnj5z.png

UK

mostplayedgames-microhvk5w.png

You can change the Microsoft store and it'll show you. Above is the MS France store.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft will be happy with those player numbers for sure. Even two colleagues I have at work who never really considered Game Pass as they prefer owning games jumped on Game Pass Ultimate and are now playing the game. And it's by far and large the best Gears game for me, an evolution like Assassin's Creed 1 -> 2 for me as I've said in other threads before. Incredible campaign, top-notch tecnhical and artistic achievements and the gameplay is better than ever: much smoother, much more varied, fantastic setpieces and ideas all around. I'm taking a small break as I have other games to review right now but I got late into Act 3 in like 3 days or so, and I can't wait to finish the rest of the game soon. Kudos to The Coalition and Microsoft, this game is truly special and absolutely deserves to be the one to dethrone Fortnite. I would have liked it to be Forza Horizon 4, but that's always gonna be a comparatively niche game. Gears still moving massive numbers.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Even RDR 2 debuted at №3, holy hell. Doesn't mean player base is bigger, since we don't have actual numbers, but impressive nonetheless.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive, just shows the traction Game Pass is having with these games. That being said, it really is a fantastic game that comes with the entire package SP and MP.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Whats also a thing. The normal edition of Gears 5 is a couple of places lower. Wich only had 1 day of counting really. So atm the Ultimate edition and normal edition are counted as two separate games and not one game.
Yet the Ultimate edition is still on #1.

icexxascended

Jan 8, 2018
I'm one of the people that probably would've skipped over this had it not been for gamepass. Thank you MS, one of the best games I've played all year, and possibly top 10 this gen. Coalition deserves this

Oct 25, 2017
Whats also a thing. The normal edition of Gears 5 is a couple of places lower. Wich only had 1 day of counting really. So atm the Ultimate edition and normal edition are counted as two separate games and not one game.
Yet the Ultimate edition is still on #1.
Regular Game Pass is not on a sale, but 2 months of Ultimate was $2 last I checked. So it makes sense that most are going with Ultimate as it's cheaper right now.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears doing well I assume because of game pass, and Fortnite plummeting still because of skill gap (again I assume) and other annoyances.

These things are as they should be imo.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Regular Game Pass is not on a sale, but 2 months of Ultimate was $2 last I checked. So it makes sense that most are going with Ultimate as it's cheaper right now.
Sure. But normal edition just released yesterday. So has had less time to rack up hours played wich this list is based on. Compared to the UE edition wich released last week.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Not even RDR2 man...
Gears 5 debuting #1 in the biggest Xbox markets (USA, UK and MEX) Is HUGE, first exclusive doing this since Halo 5 imirite?

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Siege up there always gives me a warm fuzzy but wtf UK why is it not in your top 5? GamePass doing interesting things for Gears, though I still gotta wonder if it's really going to be a revenue win in the long term.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I log on about 80% of my friends list is playing Gears 5 since last week so I'm not too surprised.

Congrats to The Coalition, I'm sure its shifting a lot of Game Pass subs.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't have an Xbox and can play the whole game for 2 quid so there is gonna be a lot of people like me doing the same. There's being pleased atm but I doubt I'll resubscribe after till their next big game.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this says more about Fortnite or Gears. There were some rumours/stats that indicated fortnite may be beyond its peak (certainly is anecdotally). I don't really see any indication that Gears 5 will do better in the long run than Gears 4 did, though I guess the cheap game pass offers may give the game a better chance at grabbing a new audience.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this says more about Fortnite or Gears. There were some rumours/stats that indicated fortnite may be beyond its peak (certainly is anecdotally). I don't really see any indication that Gears 5 will do better in the long run than Gears 4 did, though I guess the cheap game pass offers may give the game a better chance at grabbing a new audience.

You mean other than the fact that is a far better game in every conceivable way and is launching on Gamepass, right?