• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely love the subtle effects upgrades all around. Like how walls shatter into particles when broken now.

cjkeats

Oct 27, 2017
S. John's, NL Canada
I'm mad in love with everything so far. The new map, the starting island with the bus powering up before it launches, the new visuals, the new guns, the old guns, the entire battle pass. It's all so much cooler than I was expecting.

There doesn't seem to be anything from the old maps on the island that I've come across? At least nothing I recognize anyways, I started in C2S6.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm really hoping that when Hulk shows up in the shop they bring back some Marvel skins. I want Deadpool, goddamnit.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm really hoping that when Hulk shows up in the shop they bring back some Marvel skins. I want Deadpool, goddamnit.
Deadpool is never coming back. There's Deadpool versions of Cuddle Team Leader and Raven, but the main Deadpool was in the C2S2 Battle Pass

Last edited:

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Stair stepper glider isn't locked to the tier 100 skin like the cube queen's was, but the animation still looks a little strange when the character is running.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Only a couple of games in, but I dig these weapons. The hammer is super cool - and I'm really happy that it recharges instead of having a limited number of hits in it. If they do nerf it, I hope they just make a tad more rare. I really dig that it expects some level of restraint from the user: if you whiff, you may well be dead. Probably my favorite traversal item I've used since picking up the game during Vibin'.
The marksman rifle that fires the explosive spikes is pretty awesome, too. Kind of feels like something out of Halo. Hitting targets with it feels super satisfying, and it doesn't feel like it's impossible to lead with it. And since it doesn't have really aggressive scoped view, I much prefer to something like the semiauto sniper.

Oh yeah, and the augments, especially those that buff the vehicles are awesome. I pretty much exclusive play Solos, and I love rolling through buildings. Stacking the no fuel consumption and the auto Off-Road tires + Cow Catcher upgrade is just perfect for that.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Stair stepper glider isn't locked to the tier 100 skin like the cube queen's was, but the animation still looks a little strange when the character is running.

cube queens was cooler, why is hers still locked smh.

I am not feeling the BP that much, I like some of them but don't care about Doom / Geralt so I might miss this season for the first time since C2S3.

…the emotes though… I am a fan of them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering giving this a go again, not played since waaaaaay back at launch. Played a lot before it blew up and was really simple (alongside playing Save the World), but all the additions feel quite intimidating.

Is there some kind of classic mode or something to ease me back in?

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm considering giving this a go again, not played since waaaaaay back at launch. Played a lot before it blew up and was really simple (alongside playing Save the World), but all the additions feel quite intimidating.

Is there some kind of classic mode or something to ease me back in?
No, but if you haven't played in a really long time it's gonna throw you into bot lobbies at first. Everyone else is dealing with a bunch of new additions today as well, just gotta dive in

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Woah did they do an unreal engine upgrade? this looks so good

astro

Oct 25, 2017
No, but if you haven't played in a really long time it's gonna throw you into bot lobbies at first. Everyone else is dealing with a bunch of new additions today as well, just gotta dive in
Okay that sounds doable, need to get used to building controls again. Can also jump into StW to do that too.

Thanks!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you're worried about building specifically, it might be easier for you to ease in via Zero Build modes, then switch back to Build modes if you want.
I'd rather dive right in and get it down, general shooter gameplay I'm fine with. I'll probably just play some STW for a bit and figure it out again. I was quick quick with it before so I'm sure it'll come back.

It's really the rest of the game that I'm clueless about, I have no idea what I should be looking out for on the map in terms of extra mechnics.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone know where/how to change the keybind for selecting augments on PC? Right now it's 7 by default. I can't find a keybind for it anywhere.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Any Switch players here? I've played about 700 hours over the years and this is the best the game has ever looked

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
really not a problem to me all you to do is a secure shot and bush cleaned as they tend to panic af
While I agree they're not huge problems to deal with, they sort of suck if you're more about a stealthy playstyle. Especially at end game you just want to solid snake around corners and such, having to fire into nearby bushes just to check for campers isn't ideal. But it's the new meta and I'll find a way around it. Probably just carry lots of firefly jars - they're quiet and will do the job for you easily.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
While I agree they're not huge problems to deal with, they sort of suck if you're more about a stealthy playstyle. Especially at end game you just want to solid snake around corners and such, having to fire into nearby bushes just to check for campers isn't ideal. But it's the new meta and I'll find a way around it. Probably just carry lots of firefly jars - they're quiet and will do the job for you easily.

The bows are back as well ... probably gonna be the best counter for bush campers in no-build mode

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
The current slate of shotguns feels really underwhelming. I'm sure they'll add at least one more later because they always do but right now it's looking like an SMG season.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well I am back for another pass, if only for the Doom stuff alone.

Also grabbed the Crew Pack because I really dig the vampire slayer, especially since she reminds me of Erica from Something is Killing the Children haha.

SomethingKillingChildren_007_PRESS_7-666x1024.jpg

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Well I am back for another pass, if only for the Doom stuff alone.

Also grabbed the Crew Pack because I really dig the vampire slayer, especially since she reminds me of Erica from Something is Killing the Children haha.

SomethingKillingChildren_007_PRESS_7-666x1024.jpg
Yeah, I got crew also. I wanted the skin and I also set her music as my menu theme.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Going to see how this runs on PS5, it runs like crap on my PC and I presume it is compilation stutter because there are occasional full-out freezes when I move between new areas. I'd rather play with the new pretty graphics than FPS, but dips below 60 aren't fun.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
There doesn't seem to be anything from the old maps on the island that I've come across? At least nothing I recognize anyways, I started in C2S6.
I've found the Cuddle Team Leader head from the top of Rave Cave, as well as the big IO drill with the party lights and graffiti. Can't speak to the first two islands though as I started in C3S2.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Its gonna take a while to get used to the new weapons. I mostly use ARs and it feels like they took away all the good ones.

The new map is great so far though.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I have literally not played Fortnite for 10 years. Jumped back in tonight.

First game: 2nd place
Second game: 3rd place
Third game: 8th place

Dammit, I'm hooked again.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect I wish the Herald got a Chrome style. How did that not happen?! The CG bit in the end-of-chapter event basically revealed she was made of the stuff. Would have looked awesome.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
oh the afk exp just stopped for me
yeah was a change they made last season. you can't just endlessly afk anymore. have to check in every 15 minutes or so. and even then the dropoff is really fast. works for a good level or two, but doing more requires a bit more effort.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
yeah was a change they made last season. you can't just endlessly afk anymore. have to check in every 15 minutes or so. and even then the dropoff is really fast. works for a good level or two, but doing more requires a bit more effort.
damn, stw afk endurances got nerfed too

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Really not happy that weekly quests don't accumulate any longer and you must play every week in order to complete them. Especially with how much longer they take to complete now (bounce 100 times with hammers!). At least afk creative experience is still lucrative.