• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
It's called teaming, and it's a reportable offense. You should report them the next time it happens.

Really? I've done it once with a random person. They pulled up in a vehicle and honked and I got in and we had an unspoken pact to not kill each other…they had my back and I had theirs the rest of the game (ended up winning as I apparently didn't have their back in the final 3). Was pretty fun but had no idea it was not allowed.

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
They took out this one too, just like Tidy. What the hell are they doing

I feel like this, along with things like the new weeklies is them upping the FOMO. They want people checking the shop every night when it updates and doing weeklies as they drop to keep engagement up, people speculate copyright but the meme Sax player sued Epic(https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/2/2...no-lawsuit-phone-it-in-saxophone-emote-ruling) and Phone It In has been in the shop multiple times since. I think they're playing coy with the removal because they're gauging the community's response.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Really? I've done it once with a random person. They pulled up in a vehicle and honked and I got in and we had an unspoken pact to not kill each other…they had my back and I had theirs the rest of the game (ended up winning as I apparently didn't have their back in the final 3). Was pretty fun but had no idea it was not allowed.
It's not against the rules to be nice to another player, but yeah, I wouldn't make a habit of basically playing duos in a solo match.
Let us channel our energies into bringing a Classic Doomguy skin to the Item Shop
This is my biggest disappointment of the otherwise outstanding BP, to be honest. No Q3 Doomguy style, no box art Doomguy style, no Doom Eternal variations, not even a DOOM (2016) style. Just different paint jobs. They really knocked it out of the park when they had Lara Croft in the C2S6 in terms of styles, which really showed a love for the character.

(I will buy it if it shows up in the Item Shop, though)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this season is a big miss for me. I'm just not having any fun. Feels like I just die instantly, most of the weapons I couldn't care for. Looks pretty tho! Maybe C4S2.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely loving this season. New visuals are jaw dropping. Unlike Chapter 3, the new map seems to be built with No-Build in mind. My engagements so far have been way more dynamic compared to Chapter 3. Maybe it's because there is a lot more cover and less long stretches of flat space.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I expect Yennifer skin to go live on stroe when Geralt starts to get unlocked, otherwise if they don't bring her, it gonna be a big failure of collab.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Epic must have a rogue Fortnite employee uploading locked emotes behind the scenes 👀

Bought for me and gifted to a friend Rambunctious via Discord bot like I did for a friend yesterday with Tidy. Will we have a third crazy day in the item shop?

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
For about the last week, sometimes when I quick resume Fortnite on Series X the game is asking me for my Epic login details. I don't input them because I cba and just restart the game but it's pretty annoying. Anybody else been getting it?

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
For about the last week, sometimes when I quick resume Fortnite on Series X the game is asking me for my Epic login details. I don't input them because I cba and just restart the game but it's pretty annoying. Anybody else been getting it?
I got that most of last season on the X with quick resume. Here and there it would reconnect, but often I had to exit out and reload.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
Am I the only one whose lobby background is just blue? Playing on series X.

Saw a video where they had trees and stuff in the background so I'm guessing it's a bug. In game no issues tho, this new chapter so far has been great.

Have the same issue as timeforsana as well.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one whose lobby background is just blue? Playing on series X.

Saw a video where they had trees and stuff in the background so I'm guessing it's a bug. In game no issues tho, this new chapter so far has been great.

Have the same issue as timeforsana as well.

Change your in-game language, save changes, then immediately change it back. Fixes it for me every time.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Actually got the 10+ kills Solo Royale. Now that I've adjusted, I'm loving the Assault Rifle and both shotguns. Love the Hammer. Still undecided on Ex-caliber or however it's spelled.

No POI has filled the Coney-shaped hole in my heart, but I feel at home in Anvil Square and Faulty Splits.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Just had someone kill me in solos with another person that wasn't attacking them. I guess this is a common thing people do to cheat in these kind of games? Pretty annoying.
Was it definitely another player? You can hire some NPCs to fight for you.

I often had an NPC and a wolf or boar on my side during solos last season. They don't always help like you'd want but they can be a great distraction in the heat of the moment.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Just had someone kill me in solos with another person that wasn't attacking them. I guess this is a common thing people do to cheat in these kind of games? Pretty annoying.
Keep in mind that, as someone else mentioned, you can hire NPCs that will fight with you. And obviously sometimes I'll come across two people fighting each other and "help out" one of them just to take care of them next.

For what's worth, since last year I've put dozens of hours into the game and have literally never seen two solo players playing together.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Think the rarest thing I have is this skin tbh
fortnite-galaxy-skin.jpg

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Was it definitely another player? You can hire some NPCs to fight for you.

Thanks for the tip, just tried this out for the first time and it's incredibly good. Just seeing someone, or 2 people fight, commanding the NPC to go in from one direction and flank from the other is incredible. People are so confused and can't do anything about it. Easy 8 kills in my last round.

Edit:

Lmao, how awesome is the prop disguise that another NPC sells? 😅

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on Series X notice that dancing animations run at 30 fps (maybe lower) when in the lobby? If you get right up to the person, it seems to switch to 60 fps.

I am not a fan of the new graphics. I think the game looks too dark (or too purple) and the characters are less sharp.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Friend and I finally got our first win of the season and it was the messiest, most ridiculous finale I've had in a match yet lol. So many times I should've died but got lucky. I clipped it but had to remove the audio as it had our voice comms.

View: https://youtu.be/iWVce9kc13Y

Traversal with the hammer is fun but man is it annoying when your opponent won't stop using it in a fight. Also I meant to drop my own hammer for the medmist instead of my AR. I would've been toast at the end if not for the convenient replacement in the exact spot I landed.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hammers are good except when someone is using one against me. Sometimes it feels like I can barely do anything when they're hopping around me and I'm just trying to keep up.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a ridiculous finale against someone where we were both clearly trying to win with the hammer, lol. I'm still making panic mistakes (2 big misses with the hammer where I could have just shot him), but yeah. Still go the win.

View: https://streamable.com/5qd487
I guess the strategy is to make the other player use their hammer charges, then get some distance, and just friggin shoot them.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Edit:
Lmao, how awesome is the prop disguise that another NPC sells? 😅
The prop modes are actually a tonne of fun.

They are usually games of hide and seek and one team will have prop powers and the other gets a ping notification for where a hidden player is near.

I was pretty damn good at that mode, I remember hiding as a roll of toilet paper and being the only player on my team left whilst the entire other team are searching for me for minutes. Some serious tense gameplay for sure 😂

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on Series X notice that dancing animations run at 30 fps (maybe lower) when in the lobby? If you get right up to the person, it seems to switch to 60 fps.

I am not a fan of the new graphics. I think the game looks too dark (or too purple) and the characters are less sharp.

Yeah I've noticed that too.

I love the new graphics, but I do wish it was sharper. I already played at 60 because it was native 4K to the 1440p of 120, but now the new reconstruction only looks a bit better than that. The benefits are worth the trade off here though.

It's definitely darker though. I've bumped my SDR settings from 100 to 150 nits.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Getting a bit of performance chugging sometimes when dropping into the map on series x, fine once I'm landed usually

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
The prop modes are actually a tonne of fun.

They are usually games of hide and seek and one team will have prop powers and the other gets a ping notification for where a hidden player is near.

I was pretty damn good at that mode, I remember hiding as a roll of toilet paper and being the only player on my team left whilst the entire other team are searching for me for minutes. Some serious tense gameplay for sure 😂

That's one of the few times I actually enjoyed the creative LTM of the week for summer stuff. Most of them are usually … not fun.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's one of the few times I actually enjoyed the creative LTM of the week for summer stuff. Most of them are usually … not fun.
Yeah a lot of them are janky which ruins the fun for me.

I do love solid gold mode but they only ever have squads now and never solo which is painful considering how useless and selfish randoms in squad usually are.

Other than solo I do play the Pit as that's fun, gets me xp and helps me better my skills in close combat.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
The new season has really surprised me so far. Some of the weapons are a LOT of fun.. the hammer.. my god..

The game looks GORGEOUS on the Series X. What a graphical overhaul it's had.

Best kill so far:
Snuck up on a squad that were on bikes and stopped to shield up. One hammer shot.. WHAM... 4 bodies and their bikes went flying. Squad wipe.

EPIC: GIVE ME BACK MY LMG YOU COWARDS!!!!!

Last edited:

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Sad I still can't try this out :(
Epic support still hasn't helped me either. Looks really good and enjoyable and I felt like it would be a good time to get back into the game.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_01_28_19_904.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_01_32_54_752.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_22_21_49_551.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_23_54_50_791.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_23_59_15_531.png

I'm constantly stopping while playing to look around at the pretty visuals. Then I go back in the replay viewer to capture some screenshots :)

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't gotten a win yet so Fortnite threw me in with some bots but the Top 15 was still people. Got pretty swiftly rocked. Definitely need to adjust my playing habits still and learn the map. I've been having this issue where the screen will flash back randomly during a match. I'll reinstall again if it persists but Fortnite usually only has mild server issues for me at worst. There's also been some rubberbanding or something this Chapter as well. Hopefully that means a lot of people are checking it out.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
omg i just saw that tweet about the Terminator skins coming back. Those have been my white whale for so long, and every time I brought it up I got fed some bullshit about licensing. Suck it doubters, I will always choose hope :P

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
omg i just saw that tweet about the Terminator skins coming back. Those have been my white whale for so long, and every time I brought it up I got fed some bullshit about licensing. Suck it doubters, I will always choose hope :P
I don't care for that IP, but the Combat Knife I do want.
Also, Master Chief / Kratos waiting room.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
SMG's were always my bread and butter but the ones this season seem kinda ass? Idk, maybe I just need to get used to them. Hammers make up for any weapon downfalls though; they're so dang fun.

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gave this a watch and it was a pretty good video. Like him, I find myself immune to FOMO after returning to the game a few years later. I look at my collection of skins from early Fortnite and I'm asking myself "why did I buy this?" It's made me 2nd guess wanting every single skin I've seen on the shop so far. Except for Geralt, which isn't even available yet.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1kbBcm9XRI

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I've been dealing with FOMO my entire life. I also collect a lot of bullshit so thankfully I have a pretty healthy attitude going into Fortnite and their myriad of skins. I just get the cool franchise stuff I know I'll enjoy using with a good buffer of budget if they drop some originals that are kinda cool (some of them do end up kinda cool, but I for the most part find a lot of the original works kinda lame looking). That and I sell collectibles on the side so I use those profits towards dumb fun stuff like this so I'm not actually touching the money I earn from my job that I use for food and housing lol. Couldnt imagine trying to be that person that needs to have every single skin drop in this game. I've seen those videos of people endlessly scrolling through their library and most of it is just filler that never gets touched.

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Someone posted it earlier, but the tweet got deleted I think. If you missed the Tidy and Rambunctious emotes, you can still buy them following these steps. Worked for me.

View: https://twitter.com/FNBRintel/status/1600533794418827264?s=20&t=Jfjhe9NNjz-YQE6LccAdxA

You can't buy Tidy through this method anymore, but you can still buy Rambunctious via this method. It's because Epic is only hiding the tabs from view, not removing the contents of them, meaning you can buy anything that was in the Daily tab in today's store (like Rambunctious).

Also, I'm not explicitly advising against doing this, but do be aware you're basically handing over your entire account to the bot.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You can't buy Tidy through this method anymore, but you can still buy Rambunctious via this method. It's because Epic is only hiding the tabs from view, not removing the contents of them, meaning you can buy anything that was in the Daily tab in today's store (like Rambunctious).

Also, I'm not explicitly advising against doing this, but do be aware you're basically handing over your entire account to the bot.
I was gonna say, this seems like a moron move from a security perspective

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

Ah okay. Thought you could still buy Tidy, I got it yesterday and the other one today. I read that people have been using this bot for a long time now without problems (two years iirc), so I trusted it. lol

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I was gonna say, this seems like a moron move from a security perspective
Ah okay. Thought you could still buy Tidy, I got it yesterday and the other one today. I read that people have been using this bot for a long time now without problems (two years iirc), so I trusted it. lol
Yeah, I mean, people have been using it to do stuff like buy shop items and XP exploits for a while now, and I'm personally not aware of anyone getting banned/compromised from it

I'm not trying to cause mass hysteria about it or anything, I just want people to be aware that just because no one has been banned for doing it or has had their account compromised yet, does not mean that no one will ever be banned for doing it or that no one will ever have their account compromised. The risk is low, but not zero.

Last edited: