• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I still need to train my brain not to touch those things. Every time I see one drop(which is like every other chest) I instinctually prioritize it in my loadout due to how good it once was.

And it's a fatal mistake I make each time.

Same. Seeing the greens should be a tipoff that things are different but I played a LOT of Fortnite when they were good so it'll take some time.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you configure where weapons go when you pick them up? I keep having my inventory get shuffled around when I pick up new items.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same. Seeing the greens should be a tipoff that things are different but I played a LOT of Fortnite when they were good so it'll take some time.
Lol yup. Seeing uncommon/common scars is still pretty weird.
How do you configure where weapons go when you pick them up? I keep having my inventory get shuffled around when I pick up new items.
There might be a better way to do it but I just keep swapping until I get the order I want.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

I don't have the game in front of me but it's something like:

Go to 'Game' settings by pressing the cog icon. Scroll down and click on 'Configure' next to Preferred Item Slots. Check that the feature is turned on. Assign weapons or items to each Loadout Slot.

It's not perfect for me because there's more types than slots and that seems to throw things off but it helps.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Go to 'Game' settings by pressing the cog icon. Scroll down and click on 'Configure' next to Preferred Item Slots. Check that the feature is turned on. Assign weapons or items to each Loadout Slot.
:O been playing since the very start and wasn't aware this was a thing! Definitely going to check this out when I next login, thanks.

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
This video made me think of the FOMO comments in this thread.

youtu.be

Do You Get Fortnite FOMO?

GMTK is powered by Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/GameMakersToolkitUse Creator Tag "GMTOOLKIT" when buying on Epic Game StoreFor as often as Epic adds new...

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
In your settings you can set "presets" so if you pick up an item in a certain category it'll automatically go to a specific slot.

I've got it set up so my bar is AR - Shotgun - SMG/Pistol - Heals - Utility

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
On pc I'm getting these white artifacts(at the edges of trees mostly). Thought at first it was the hardware ray-tracing, cause I've had issues with that is the past on my 6700xt, but the issue remains without HW RT. Is it the TSR? (set to high)

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
On pc I'm getting these white artifacts(at the edges of trees mostly). Thought at first it was the hardware ray-tracing, cause I've had issues with that is the past on my 6700xt, but the issue remains without HW RT. Is it the TSR? (set to high)

It is.

DLSS can't come back fast enough.

Also :

Still so disappointing they didn't get Arnold for the Terminator collab. Like why ?

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_08_01_11_02_460.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_07_16_18_19_317.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_06_21_48_53_337.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_07_15_29_32_434.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_07_22_52_38_410.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_07_23_04_45_716.png

GRAPHICS

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Can anyone else confirm that the PS5 version doesn't require you to enable the new engine? I've got no option to do so under the Video tab. I think I might be on UE5? but it's hard for me to tell. I've seen things about disables 120hz mode on your PS5 system menu and other fixes but I've still never seen an option to enable the new graphics. Has anyone else on PS5 actually flipped a switch to get to UE5? Or is it automatic?

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
How do I get the time of the day to work in replay mode? It's not doing anything for me, and yes the gameplay is running and not paused. 🤔

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't that be one of the recruitable NPCs he's tagging with?
I didn't include it in the clip I uploaded but after I died, the other player bounce hammered over to where he was. I don't think NPCs use the shockwave hammer.

EDIT: Checked the replay. yeah that's a player.
2022-12-08_18_47_27-Fortnite.png

There was 3 of them. At one point there's a dude driving them around.

2022-12-08_18_52_54-Fortnite.png

Reported all 3 of them

Last edited:

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone else confirm that the PS5 version doesn't require you to enable the new engine? I've got no option to do so under the Video tab. I think I might be on UE5? but it's hard for me to tell. I've seen things about disables 120hz mode on your PS5 system menu and other fixes but I've still never seen an option to enable the new graphics. Has anyone else on PS5 actually flipped a switch to get to UE5? Or is it automatic?

It's automatic (or, it doesn't work in 120fps, it has to be 60fps, but seems that you know that).

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Really a bummer they got rid of AFK XP. Dont think ill ever hit 200 again. Im working on like 3 other battle passes at the same time

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Aerialist + Soaring Sprints + Storm Mark (top 1 augment, don't @ me) is where it's at. I'd canonize More Parkour to make a Core 4, but 1) it's competing with the weapon-based ones, 2) I usually reserve one slot for one of the unli-sprint items.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really a bummer they got rid of AFK XP. Dont think ill ever hit 200 again. Im working on like 3 other battle passes at the same time

You're at least able to get a level from doing it before it idles it seem. So you can at least get like 2ish levels a day (From one AFK before it stops and dailies).

Still I agree though. Really liked just letting AFK do the work.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
this map is pretty good. You dont need to jump at the end, you can rubber band your trigger to constantly swing the axe and hit a button

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Oct 25, 2017
I hoped Black Adam would crack open the door for more dudes with great butts, but it ain't happening so far.

Hulk: 30 abs, 0 squats

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
this map is pretty good. You dont need to jump at the end, you can rubber band your trigger to constantly swing the axe and hit a button

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Isn't that just the Legends Landing map that's even promoted by Epic in the first row of the Discover tab at the end? Lol.

May 24, 2019
I just played my first ever full match* to check out the new graphics and got the Victory lol
That wasn't, like a baby's first tutorial bot-match or anything was it?

*I had loaded it up on the Switch once and quit after a few minutes.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

- YouTube

Thanks got it working but it took me forever to get the mantle jump.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Thanks got it working but it took me forever to get the mantle jump.

Yeah it's hard, but my god worth it.
It's way easier with an umbrella by the way.

Oh and you get XP for the specific thing you do or hit so it's 100xp per jump until it lowers and lowers more and more, if you hit the square in front of you it's back to 100xp again and if you're unhappy once it's under 50 or so (which still WAY more than the other XP map from earlier here where it's basically 6xp per second after a few minutes) you can try to reach the second square and hit that and it's back to 100xp per second.
No idea if it's daily or if a map restart resets it.

Impressive. Hope they don't fix this too fast now since it's an official map.

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate the inventory system. Having heals in the same space as weapons is a nightmare. Just fucking put it on a separate menu

Deleted member 1594

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it sad that none of these fancy Marvel skins interest me, but I had to grab this relatively cheap Jonesy skin?
FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_09_01_32_39_627.png

I really hate the inventory system. Having heals in the same space as weapons is a nightmare. Just fucking put it on a separate menu
It's even worse now with the hammer. Now my loadout early-mid game is 2 weapons, 2 heals, and the hammer. Late game I'll drop a healing item for an extra weapon.

The hammer really does feel essential though. I swear 90% of the time when I die, it's because I just won a fight, I'm low on health, and someone 3rd parties me. WIth a hammer you can just GTFO of there.

Last game I used the hammer to escape a few near-death situations as well as knock 2 people into the storm and finished them as they tried to get back in :)

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn my friend and I were cooking these last few matches whew. This cha[ter has been great so far, great stuff now that I've gotten comfortable with it

cjkeats

Oct 27, 2017
S. John's, NL Canada
Is it sad that none of these fancy Marvel skins interest me, but I had to grab this relatively cheap Jonesy skin?
That's the default Jonsey from chapter 2. When the move from chapter 1 to 2 and 3 each season came with newly designed default players and a glider, and then the old would show up in the shop for 800 each or in a bundle.

For whatever reason this chapter didn't get a new design for the glider or defaults but they got a few new faces.

Neat little thing is that The Hulk's alt style is torn up default clothes.

Another little tidbit that is probably only interesting to me, is that each of the battle passes since I've been playing last year has a set with a glider that's a reskin of the default glider, but this pass the glider (the baseball girls) is a redesign of a chapter 2 glider for whatever reason.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What is that Dorito map thingy that you need to play to win things shown during TGA? I missed it and could not find any info about it.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Do console 120 fps players get SERIOUS frame drops sometimes? I'm talking in the 30s.
I play on ps5 and dont experience anything that bad.

What is terrible this season is rubberbanding. I hate trying to track someone who is teleporting all over the fucking map. Also sometimes players just warp after mantling. I've had teammates just teleport 100m away from us.

There are definitely some issues that need to be ironed out with this engine update.