• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
It stops after about half an hour.

Oh. Seems kind of pointless then. Good to know its not worth bothering with I guess.

EXP feels really rough this season; They fixed afk maps, the weekly quests definitely feel like they are overall rewarding less for the larger completion milestones, the weekly quests have to be done the week they come out, the big narrative quest chain was super short and won't continue for several more weeks.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Oh. Seems kind of pointless then. Good to know its not worth bothering with I guess.

EXP feels really rough this season; They fixed afk maps, the weekly quests definitely feel like they are overall rewarding less for the larger completion milestones, the weekly quests have to be done the week they come out, the big narrative quest chain was super short and won't continue for several more weeks.
Yup. Plus half the milestones being culled and Winterfest not even getting its own quests in addition to the weeklies. It's a lot of terrible changes and I'm surprised the outcry hasn't been larger considering how much people have complained in the past about minor exp changes. I guess Epic chose a smart time to do it, right at the start of a chapter where people are too busy discussing the new stuff and there's a lot of new players who don't know any better.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The XP is definitely not there. I'm level 55 at the moment, would've easily hit 100 last season at this pace of playing + AFK maps.

Aug 22, 2018
My less cynical look at the XP reduction is that they're possibly trying to lessen the ability to rush the pass too early since it's supposed to last for 4 months. Otherwise this is an unfortunate trend in Epic doubling down on FOMO more than before which worries me a little bit about future seasons, guess we'll see. At least I'm still enjoying myself a lot with all the gameplay related changes this season.

Also all these shop tabs coming back but still no Kratos... 🥲

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I assume the xp changes are motivated by them wanting people to play the actual game rather than bouncing around afk.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
You need to hit the snow banks on the ground. Keep hitting them and the snowball will get larger.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any sort of out of game notification system. The latter.
Good to know, ty. My friend is a big MHA fan and will hop into FN a few times a year so I wanted to gift him Deku so he doesn't miss the skin, was just curious if it was going to notify him about it.

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
The variety of milestones this season is laughable, so much stuff you end up doing in every match and get no rewards for.
But sure, I'll gladly get these "jump around a bunch of times with a bike or a hammer this week" instead.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ran into one of these guys in the wild. It blew up and gave me some nice guns!

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_16_22_35_104.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_16_08_03_594.png

Spent some time in Slappy Shores. Really love the look of this location. The daytime lighting is so good.

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_19_42_28_403.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_19_47_03_143.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_20_28_09_037.png

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_20_39_13_599.png

Drove this truck out of there.

FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_2022_12_13_20_10_46_378.png

Last edited:

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I hang out and locations so much more just to look around this season. I can't wait until that RPG mode comes out.

Finally got a No-Build win last night. Got it on a slide SMG kill which is so satisfying.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
In the lodge today, next to the fridge is a picture on the wall that has a sparkling effect on it. Cant seem to do anything with it though, anyone know what that is?

Just noticed theres another picture on the wall sparkling next to the tree in the background

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reflections on those candies!

Skins that have reflective properties look amazing this season. I rock Snap with metal arms a lot and even those arms look so good.

Speaking of Snap... this happened in one of my replays from yesterday.
rY2SPjJ.jpg
lol

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
In the lodge today, next to the fridge is a picture on the wall that has a sparkling effect on it. Cant seem to do anything with it though, anyone know what that is?

Just noticed theres another picture on the wall sparkling next to the tree in the background
The stuff you get from presents shows up in the lodge.
You must've gotten the three sprays.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Performance is super rough since I updated drivers and this patch. It was pretty much locked 60 except a small drop here or there but now I feel like it's easily going down into the 30s regularly.
Does it help if I just leave the menu running for half an hour for the game to generate shaders or is this a different problem?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Weekly quests are so awful. I'm using AFK maps for the first time since Ch 2, good job Epic

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
My game was jittering like wild yesterday on ps4 pro. I also had a moment where I got clipped by a car slightly and it threw me back a few yards more than I expected and I thought "huh that's strange". Then the game launched me all the way back to where the circle was and I died instantly in full health. The game still had about four circles left. It was very bizarre

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I hit someone on a dirt bike with a snowball launcher and it catapulted them ass over tea kettle into a gas station which then blew up.

It was pretty cool, lol.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Just closed the game and friend wanted to see my gift and when I went to relaunch Epic suddenly had a 45gb patch.

edit: Also on the topic of XP gains and FOMO this season. It's kind of hitting me hard this season knowing weeklies expire now, I get into super sweaty mode trying to ensure I get my quests done now that I'm not enjoying the game itself. Previously I'd play pretty casually with my friends but because quests built up I'd just always be doing something that qualified for large boosts of xp. Now I feel that if I miss these weeklies, especially with the holiday going that I'm so fucked. It doesn't help that I've had a lot of things going on the last few weeks including the death of a close friend and I was unable to get the weeklies done last week.

Oct 28, 2017
You really do lose alot of breathing room with those last remaining weeklies locked behind those 5 part grinds.

There were instances where I had to make the decision where I try to do well in the game because I was having a good run, or to drop everything just to get some tricks done on a dirt bike.

Jun 20, 2021
So it's official: in this season, FOMO is no longer seasonal, it's weekly.

In previous seasons you could join less than a week before the end, rattle through all 70-ish challenges and still have your Battle Pass at a high level, if not level 100.

Now challenges expire after a week so you HAVE to check back and play several times a week for you to have a prayer of unlocking that Geno skin let alone the skins beyond that.

This blows chunks and I hope Epic fixes it because it turns the game into a chore.

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a ! on the Lodge that I can't make go away.

Opened a present, found the pizza, rang some bells, got 1000 xp from the fireplace, turned off the light, drove the rc dirt bike. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
rpm

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I opened one yesterday, and one today. Reset the game and the notification went away. *shrug*
Yeah, I was gonna say, just try restarting if you've opened two total presents so far.

The presents are the only thing that matters, none of the other stuff isn't tracked in any way, so if the number of total presents = which day of Winterfest it is, the notification shouldn't be there and it's a glitch

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
It's weird how Doom Guy has everything, a glider, a harvesting tool, a wrap, a dive-trail, a soundtrack.

But no Icon?

Weird.

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
it's wild that i play this game then go back to god of war ragnorak feeling dissapointed by the graphics. what a crazy update from fortnite. the chrome seasons was bleh, but the new season was definitely worth the wait

However, the weekly quests being only the week is a HUGE bummer

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually possible to kill someone with a snowball launcher? It's ass.

And like Black Adam ass, not Hulk ass.
You can kill someone with the snow ball launcher. Took me 3 and a half shots to put someone down. I'm assuming with full health and armor, but it was a real race to see who could take out who though.

Oct 25, 2017
You can kill someone with the snow ball launcher. Took me 3 and a half shots to put someone down. I'm assuming with full health and armor, but it was a real race to see who could take out who though.
Nice. I feel like the best bet is to land on one and find someone who doesn't have a gun yet, because there's pretty much no gun it will win a head to head fight with.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I've always had the regular assault rifle as my preferred main weapon but I've become a convert to the ways of the red-eye assault rifle this week. It's a slower firerate but it's so precise I don't need to use a slot for the sniper.

Red-eye, an automatic for close range, and the hammer. That's all I need.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know what the current best XP farming method is? I thought I heard that they made some changes lately to prevent idling