• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
First page filled with "but the children" posts as expected..

Anyways, I feel like pubs should try and force Sony's hand on this one.. something along the lines of "either you allow cross-play with all platforms or we'll have to keep your playerbase isolated". Imagine if big multiplayer games like Battlefield came out with Xbox/PC cross-play, and other games get Switch in on the action aswell and the only thing stopping Playstation getting a piece of the pie is Sony themselves.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Devs should unite and tell Sony that if they don't allow crossplay they will remove their games from the platform. If enough big games did it, Sony would buckle.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
First page filled with "but the children" posts as expected..

Anyways, I feel like pubs should try and force Sony's hand on this one.. something along the lines of "either you allow cross-play with all platforms or we'll have to keep your playerbase isolated". Imagine if big multiplayer games like Battlefield came out with Xbox/PC cross-play and the only thing stopping Playstation getting a piece of the pie is Sony themselves.
if the switch was more powerful - somewhere to be comparable to Ps4 and Xbone, I'm sure it would get more multiplatform releases too (not that it doesn't already I just mean more of the AAA) and I'm sure then devs would continue to open up crossplay between it and Xbone which would make the lack thereof on Ps4 even more glaring

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
if the switch was more powerful - somewhere to be comparable to Ps4 and Xbone, I'm sure it would get more multiplatform releases too (not that it doesn't already I just mean more of the AAA) and I'm sure then devs would continue to open up crossplay between it and Xbone which would make the lack thereof on Ps4 even more glaring

I mean we already have Minecraft and (I think) Rocket League supporting it on the Switch, which are two massive games in of themselves. But I just mean if cross-play starts becoming a trend and its made evident that the only limiting factor is Playstation on a much larger scale then what we're already seeing.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean we already have Minecraft and (I think) Rocket League supporting it on the Switch, which are two massive games in of themselves. But I just mean if cross-play starts becoming a trend and its made evident that the only limiting factor is Playstation on a much larger scale then what we're already seeing.

the RL devs said it's literally a case of flipping a switch for their servers to enable crossplay for all consoles

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the RL devs said it's literally a case of flipping a switch for their servers to enable crossplay for all consoles

Yeah, but because its just the odd case of potential cross-play support it doesn't seem like a big deal. Imagine if the same sentiment was being shared across the board for a lot of big name games. Thats when it would generate some serious noise.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you also hope that Microsoft begins to get bad publicity for preventing cross-play between Xbox/PC players? Because Sony sure as heck ain't preventing cross-play between PS4/PC players.

If intents are clear then why isn't Microsoft doing their best to enable the same thing that happens accidentally between PS4 and PC?
Because it's not their game, what a thought.

Sony has said they don't give a shit, Microsoft has and does. They have multiple three way cross platform games that Sony doesn't. Are you this dumb?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Do you also hope that Microsoft begins to get bad publicity for preventing cross-play between Xbox/PC players? Because Sony sure as heck ain't preventing cross-play between PS4/PC players.

If intents are clear then why isn't Microsoft doing their best to enable the same thing that happens accidentally between PS4 and PC?

It was broken on Epic's end.

As an Xbox player, I couldn't even start up the game on Xbox without taking my gamertag account link off of my Epic account. Even right now today it won't let me add it back on there, it now tells me my account is already linked (to another account which I cannot even access).

Also it's not like online play with this game between PS4/PC is actually intentionally integrated, you have to do a bunch of ass backwards stuff to do it and even then it only works in one direction. You know it's not a native integration, right?

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
That Phil tweet seems like a misdirect. Wasn't it microsoft that got out of the cross play thing with Fortnite? No way to disable cross play so there's a Xbox Only game or something? So his tweet would be like a, "I wish they could keep it in but ..."

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
yeah Minecraft & Rocket League both had it and it was a pretty big deal last summer, but since then until Fortnite, I haven't heard of many other games hyping up crossplay between consoles

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure how you figured that one out considering the game is crossbuy and crossplay between The PC and PS4.

I don't believe it's ever called crossplay. The FAQ on the official forum describes it as crossprogression. There aren't any tutorials from Epic about how to play with PC players, and many people don't even know it exists. The steps needed to do it also aren't conventional. Only PC players can invite PS4 players, and people reportedly have trouble doing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/7gscko/how_to_cross_play_between_pc_ps4_since_191/

Doesn't seem to me like it's something that's even out of the beta phase. Not to mention the subject of this very thread proves that crossplay is still a work in progress.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's going on with the better together update. I haven't heard about it in months, but it was supposed to change the cross play landscape.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Limited cross-platform due to deals made by Sony and Capcom. Plus, I'm sure 6 will be on all platforms possible.
What about PS4-PC is limited? Because the games isn't on XB1 it's limited?

Because there are something like 5 or 6 games now, including high profile ones like Minecraft and Rocket League which are cross-play FULLY across 3 platforms (PC, XBOX, and Switch), and Sony is the only one not complying to the same extent.
Well you can cross play the PS4 versions of those games. Just not with XB1 & Switch. Sony allows crossplay, just not with their competitors.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe it's ever called crossplay. The FAQ on the official forum describes it as crossprogression. There aren't any tutorials from Epic about how to play with PC players, and many people don't even know it exists. The steps needed to do it also aren't conventional. Only PC players can invite PS4 players, and people reportedly have trouble doing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/7gscko/how_to_cross_play_between_pc_ps4_since_191/

Doesn't seem to me like it's something that's even out of the beta phase. Not to mention the subject of this very thread proves that crossplay is still a work in progress.

"Crossprogression" is what I'm talking about, that is enabled along with crossbuy for PC/PS4 (along with a method, albeit an unconventional one, for PC/PS4 PVP/PVE) but nothing for Xbox One. Why?

I just find it strange that we have people crying foul when out of everyone it's actually Xbox players getting the bum deal here.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"Crossprogression" is what I'm talking about, that is enabled along with crossbuy for PC/PS4 (along with a method, albeit an unconventional one, for PC/PS4 PVP/PVE) but nothing for Xbox One. Why?

I just find it strange that we have people crying foul when out of everyone it's actually Xbox players getting the bum deal here.

The whole thing is still early development is what I'm getting it.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The whole thing is still early development is what I'm getting it.

So what? That didn't stop me getting two copies of the game when I bought it on PS4. Nor is it stopping me from having my progress synced across both platforms (PC/PS4).

My point is, it's the Xbox One version that is currently the most restrictive version of Fortnite, but yet people are asking questions of Sony? Why?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Devs should unite and tell Sony that if they don't allow crossplay they will remove their games from the platform. If enough big games did it, Sony would buckle.

Lol with or without crossplay devs would still get money for putting their game on Sony's console.

Why would they choose the option of not getting money?

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So what? That didn't stop me getting two copies of the game when I bought it on PS4. Nor is it stopping me from having my progress synced across both platforms (PC/PS4).

My point is, it's the Xbox One version that is currently the most restrictive version of Fortnite, but yet people are asking questions of Sony? Why?

Because we're questioning if the restrictiveness is cause by Microsoft or by the games primitive state.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Disgusting.
How many children's lives do the Fortnite Devs need to ruin until they're satisfied?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
If this game is offering cross-buy cross-progression and cross-play between only PS4 and PC it seems like a bad example to finger Sony with.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because we're questioning if the restrictiveness is cause by Microsoft or by the games primitive state.

The thing is, I'm not seeing anyone question Microsoft about the lack of crossprogression/crossbuy and crossplay between Xbox and PC in this thread.

Do people actually care about their games bring as feature rich as possible or not...?

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I just imagine this bug is filed in their JIRA somewhere with the priority set to "low".

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
What about PS4-PC is limited? Because the games isn't on XB1 it's limited?

Well you can cross play the PS4 versions of those games. Just not with XB1 & Switch. Sony allows crossplay, just not with their competitors.
That's why I said fully.

A PS4 player in Rocket League can only play with PS4 or pc players. A Switch owner can play against Switch, PC, and Xbox owners, and vice versa. Sony is the odd man out. I'm not sure how or why this is difficult for anyone to understand, nor why it is hard to understand why there is pressure on Sony.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Going from that

(Quick and dirty filtered screen cap so don't quite as fact)

50EtO4C.png

fttbPE6.png

OApRyhh.png

FcJSQsa.png

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The thing is, I'm not seeing anyone question Microsoft about the lack of crossprogression/crossbuy and crossplay between Xbox and PC in this thread.

Do people actually care about their games bring as feature rich as possible or not...?

Again, MS has made it clear what they'll support going forward. If you want to focus on this one example, feel free to.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. Exactly. I'm getting called "dumb" here for exposing the double standards. Some people are trying to sidestep that, even though Microsoft seem incredibly open to cross-play but even unofficially, for this game the Xbox One is absolutely the worst off... And it's not Sony's fault at all.

What is this thread in relation to? A game called Fortnite. If people want to discuss Sony's approach to cross-play on other games, that is fine.This is not the thread for that.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lol, some people actually want to blackmail Sony over this, that's not how any of this works, talk about entitled and removed from reality.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
So why can't they at least leave Xbox & PC crossplay functionality turned on for the Save the World PvE, if it's Sony holding it up on their end?

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
So why can't they at least leave Xbox & PC crossplay functionality turned on for the Save the World PvE, if it's Sony holding it up on their end?

Sony shouldn't be affecting the Xbox/PC crossplay. I honestly don't even know why Sony is even brought up one time in this thread. GHG brought up a good point that Xbox users are getting the bum end of the stick for not having cross-progression system in place for the game with PC users. Like, how is that Sony's fault.