• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
That 20/80 split on merchandising is ridiculous. That 125% of monthly income penalty is ridiculous. That whole contract is disgusting.

Banks's argument about not collecting on Tfue's earnings is a smokescreen considering the contract allows for FaZe to collect at any time and not on any sort of schedule. They could backend collection and get huge sums at one time.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
2eTSZAu.png

That 20/80 split on merchandising is ridiculous. That 125% of monthly income penalty is ridiculous. That whole contract is disgusting.

Banks's argument about not collecting on Tfue's earnings is a smokescreen considering the contract allows for FaZe to collect at any time and not on any sort of schedule. They could backend collection and get huge sums at one time.

Not really. 100% team is normal for team merchandise.
Only top athletes get a cut. In NA sport leagues ALL athletes get nothing.
But to be fair, they can do personal brand deals where the team gets a 0% cut.

Last edited:

Nexxious

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Now TTfue's brothers twitter is getting hacked...
CPZ83S8.jpg

Hid the source as I do not think anyone here is a fan of the tool.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's one scummy contract, wonder how many of these Orgs pull similar shit? I doubt Faze is the only ones with something like those 50/50 and 20/80 splits. Hopefully it all comes crashing down if so.

Nov 8, 2017
That contract seems like something an up and coming pro gamer would have, not Tfue. But that's on him and his management. It's not nearly as bad as I originally thought. I feel like we were led to believe it was something crazy like a 20/80 split across the board, not brand deals and merch. That doesn't seem outrageous to me. Just not a split you would expect for a Tfue

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That contract seems like something an up and coming pro gamer would have, not Tfue. But that's on him and his management. It's not nearly as bad as I originally thought. I feel like we were led to believe it was something crazy like a 20/80 split across the board, not brand deals and merch. That doesn't seem outrageous to me. Just not a split you would expect for a Tfue
He was an up and comer when he signed it.
The 50%-80% split on all sponsored content/branding in the orgs favor is BS too, they only get away with that because it's Faze and any kid/up and comer would kill to be on Faze Clan.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh Faze Banks, that was the guy that went to that bar , made trouble and then complained about it on twitter just for the owner and employees to get death threats from his "fans"?

Edit: YUP!

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing that's going to destroy his brand is the dude himself if he keeps tweeting. Can't believe he isn't getting counsel from his own lawyers to stop
Well it won't desteoy the brand because they are propped up by impressionable children. Much like a pewdiepie it's apart of that new internet YouTube age. Faze aren't even popping like that with their teams. It's just the lifestyle and social media they post which garner then attention

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
"There is a clause in there that prevents him from playing games for 6 months if he is fired. "

Holy shit, lol

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

So they knew the contract was bullshit, but they blame it all on their old lawyers or the management in place there at the time. They say they tried to negotiate with him....but that didn't start until September when they received the first letter about the impending lawsuit.

These guys realize all this 'we're the victims' stuff is just doing the opposite and will work against them in court, right? I mean they just admitted it's a bad contract - even if it's 'not their fault'

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The contract was made when Tfue was a 500 person streamer. Imagine getting $2K as a "nobody" for playing games.

Nexxious

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So they still haven't released his contract that he is still locked in? The video is only parts of the other contracts they offered yes? FaZe is going all out on the PR spin on this. Now they saying he only wanted out so he could start his own eSports org. They found that out when his brothers account was hacked and it was said in a DM. Whole issue is out of control due to the YouTube drama casters...

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Hope he can do something about it but wouldn't eSports players be more akin to sportsmen than actors/artists?

Beside what would he be able to do if it was in contract and overlooked by him during signing?

You cant sign your rights away. If a contract violates local laws, the laws prevail. If there are laws that say you can only ask for x for providing y, just because you sogned a contracy doesnt mean you dont have legal recourse.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao what the fuck, per the contract if Tfue's contract is terminated he can't livestream or play any games at a professional level for 6 months

I love how they specify that he can't play "professionally" as it's vague as fuck. He can just play well and casual and it could be looked at as "professional" gameplay.

Last edited:

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao what the fuck, per the contract if Tfue's contract is terminated he can't livestream or play any games at a professional level for 6 months

It's for termination due to breach of contract, which makes a hell of a lot of sense for a Non Complete Clause, more sense than what most companies use them for which is "after you leave our company (whether you are fired or quit), you can't work for a competing company for 6 months"

Non Competes are fairly common place and reading this clause, it makes sense. I am not seeing anything that says he can't create or join a competing group after the contract expires. This is NOT the area of the contract you should be fixating your anger towards. It makes perfect sense for any corporate to want to protect themselves in case someone breaches contract.

This is why you should always have a lawyer looking over your contracts before you sign it. This whole ordeal just screams to me as an up and comer looking for an opportunity to a part of a popular group not expecting much from himself and signed away a lot of his monetary opportunities to the team who bet on him. I do think that FaZe took advantage of a young up and comer, but this shit happens in sports all the time. You negotiate better terms.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It's for termination due to breach of contract, which makes a hell of a lot of sense for a Non Complete Clause, more sense than what most companies use them for which is "after you leave our company (whether you are fired or quit), you can't work for a competing company for 6 months"

Non Competes are fairly common place and reading this clause, it makes sense. I am not seeing anything that says he can't create or join a competing group after the contract expires. This is NOT the area of the contract you should be fixating your anger towards. It makes perfect sense for any corporate to want to protect themselves in case someone breaches contract.

This is why you should always have a lawyer looking over your contracts before you sign it.
That wording is confusing as hell though. Would he not be allowed to play any MP games off-stream?

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, tfue signed the contract. Honestly this is on him. And its not like he was locked in for 10 years, and the major thing is its not like faze clan werent open to renegotiate and appease tfue. Seems they had every intention of making tfue happy. Usually if there is a contract dispute, its the company not trying to budge on anything. But Tfue wants out to make a competing org instead of compromising and honoring the contract. If Faze wasnt trying to renegotiate to make it a fair contract? Then, id say fuck them, but it seems they are trying to do everything reasonable.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I love how they specify that he can't play "professionally" as it's vague as fuck. He can just play well and casual and it could be looked at as "professional" gameplay.
Professionally is not vague. It means one specific thing in this instance.
He can still play games for fun as well as he could. Just not for profit professionally.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Tfue is back streaming with no Faze logo. They didn't want to risk going to court? Ant official update?