• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laconik

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Unless a gun was held to his head, read what you sign.

Looks like both actors in this story are untrustworthy

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
fffe927d-5ea3-46aa-b644-5d6e05f27638.png

I got a screenshot.

From the reaction of people here, I was expecting it to be a bad reply. I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. Wow.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I think of FaZe Banks, I think of this lovely reaction to PewDiePie calling someone the n word:
faze-banks-not-racist.jpg

So gang, don't blow his highly professional tweet out of proportion. Words are words.
He used to do (or still does? I don't know nor care) a podcast with his friend Keemstar. Nothing this guy does is surprising anymore.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I really do think a lot of these kids are being taken advantage of and it is tough because people want to be big and make money and sign away rights with these contracts without realizing the long term potential impact it ma have on them.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Wow just read the lawsuit. It's only 80% of brand deals.
Not 80% of revenue he makes on Twitch, YouTube, or any other social media platform.

So a sponsorship where he displays the name of the sponsor on stream would result in a 20/80 split.
For any add revenue 100% would go to him.

Seems like someone got greedy and want's out of a contract now he is famous and better off on his own.

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see something about Banks it's him showing his ass. But then again Jake Paul is massively successful so I shouldn't be suprised faze is as well. They aren't even top earners for a team but they have social media game on lock

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine accusing the CEO and founder of one of the most popular and rising orgs 100 Thieves of "chasing clout" lmao.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow just read the lawsuit. It's only 80% of brand deals.
Not 80% of revenue he makes on Twitch, YouTube, or any other social media platform.

So a sponsorship where he displays the name of the sponsor on stream would result in a 20/80 split.
For any add revenue 100% would go to him.

Seems like someone got greedy and want's out of a contract now he is famous and better off on his own.

Sounds like an important detail, although I imagine that's what is meant by "branded" video as mentioned in the OP.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Sounds like an important detail, although I imagine that's what is meant by "branded" video as mentioned in the OP.
I'd say a branded video is something like an advertisement video for one of the team's sponsors. It sounds like this player doesn't want to be bound to opportunities with the team sponsors and wants to be able to advertise on his own instead of a representative of a team. The player's money comes from tournaments and personal streaming which according to FaZe they did not touch one cent.. The advertising stuff is handled by the teams, as they are the ones talking and working deals with sponsors. That's likely where the 80% figure comes from.

Nov 8, 2017
Faze is now holding Fortnite tournaments and using the $60K they made from Tfue as the prize money. This seems like it all might backfire on Tfue.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Wait, they're claiming the split is the exact opposite (80% to the player rather than 20%)? Isn't that, like, something immediately provable either way simply by posting the relevant part of the contracts?
They're very specific to say it's "tournament winnings as well as content revenue" which isn't what his suit alleges in the first place.

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017

Keemstar has got to be one of the worst people on the internet. Complete shit stain of a person. It's really sad that he used "Friday Fortnite" to get in with a bunch of top streamers who probably don't know any better. I see streamers who I consider good people follow him, like and reply to his tweets. I can only assume that they don't know he's falsely accused people of being paedophiles, downplayed and dismissed racism along with numerous ignorant stupid comments as well as being your typical far right piece of shit.

If they do know this and continue to associate with him just because of some shitty unofficial Fortnite tournament that Epic have tried to prevent numerous times then it's even more sad.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Why do people keep saying this? Doesn't matter what you sign if it's unconscionable or not enforceable. You can write any sort of ridiculous thing into a contract, just because I sign it doesn't make it legally binding.
Uhhh, it's financials, it's completely legally binding. You can sign a contract that gives you almost nothing back, and it would stick.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banks put out a video attempting to go over all the issues, but it kind of devolves into him being the victim and some odd comments about Tfue's reasoning (girlfriend troubles, etc)

https://youtu.be/vGtx5KWI3gw

Yeah it was a convincing video tbh. And I really don't like Faze Banks. That being said I think he's taking credit for his ascent a bit too much. Tfue was always going to do well. Maybe not THIS well but maybe. He won a TON early on. Even in the Fortnite Summer Skirmish.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If they have truly only collected $60k from this guy, I'm scratching my head as to what his issue is... would that even cover his living arrangement, food and transportation?

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
That being said I think he's taking credit for his ascent a bit too much. Tfue was always going to do well. Maybe not THIS well but maybe. He won a TON early on. Even in the Fortnite Summer Skirmish.
That's my biggest take from all of this, his talent would have led him here regardless, maybe it would have taken longer without the exposure, but he would have gotten notoriety from his performances in the tournaments instead.

Banks definitely plays the victim card a lot in this video, plus with the paperwork being served in September and claiming this was dropped on you now draws a big cloud over him, not to mention all the drama around this guy from the past like the incident at a bar in Cleveland. And you can say you take $0 all you want, but until we see receipts, you don't have more than your word, which isn't great.

Tfue's first public response

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tfue responds, asking Faze to release the contract to the public so all the details can be seen.

Banks doesn't respond well to this
OJtJB8F.png

edit. apparently the contract is being released

Last edited:

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tfue responds, asking Faze to release the contract to the public so all the details can be seen.

Banks doesn't respond well to this
OJtJB8F.png

edit. apparently the contract is being released

Tfues response could've been so much better. Gotta control the narrative. Thankfully Banks is a liar and an idiot so in time he'll destroy himself.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird how Banks claims he was blindsided by this all, yet admits they have been renegotiating his contract for ages. He has claimed that they have only collected 60k from Tfue, buy maybe Tfue owes them much more as per the contract, and refuses to pay?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
People should 100% not believe Banks, he's a lying scumbag. He once claimed he was assaulted and his girlfriend sexually assaulted by bouncers at a bar, only for the bar to release a video showing they weren't assaulted and were in fact the aggressors, first by initiating the contact with the bouncers, throwing a glass bottle at people and sucker punching someone outside.
https://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz...ing-assaulted-at-cleveland-bar-002203217.html

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how Banks claims he was blindsided by this all, yet admits they have been renegotiating his contract for ages. He has claimed that they have only collected 60k from Tfue, buy maybe Tfue owes them much more as per the contract, and refuses to pay?

In general, I trust that the plaintiff's (so Tfue's) lawyers aren't dumb enough to not see the contract for themselves. So as far as I'm concerned, Faze comes off fucking terribly when trying to dispute the contract.

Second, I don't care for the subtle deflection in "we've only collected $60K." How much do you plan to collect over the contract?

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Banks' meltdown is hilarious. Love seeing him get called out.

e3CHX5b.png

Also this response to someone asking why not just release him is great. "Because I made this kids life and made him blow up" hahahaha. Hilarious.

1CKrBtq.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Banks' meltdown is hilarious. Love seeing him get called out.

e3CHX5b.png

Also this response to someone asking why not just release him is great. "Because I made this kids life and made him blow up" hahahaha. Hilarious.

1CKrBtq.png
Only thing that's going to destroy his brand is the dude himself if he keeps tweeting. Can't believe he isn't getting counsel from his own lawyers to stop