• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude this is crazy every time Apex does something that Fortnite doesn't have Fortnite hits right back and adds that same thing. People have been asking for a new map for such a long time and here we are.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if that is genuine the map looks way too similar visually. Having not played for a while someone could easily convince me it is just another small map changeup rather than a whole new one. One of the best things about Apex's new map is it is visually completely distinct from the first, and far more varied.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I like Fortnite. Season 5 and 7, and whichever one had the John Wick skins/mode was a lot of fun.
I'll reinstall when I get some free time after I finish other games and check out the new season.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super curious if boats and real lakes alongside hills/elevation means they're actually adding depth to the bodies of water. That'd be huge! So far all water could be walked through and was only waist-deep, would be kind of amazing if they added swimming/diving. Why else would you need boats if you can just walk across?

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
and people thought Fortnite was dying with the recent reports.

hahaha

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Seasons 9 and X were real slogs for me. Heres hoping this new map is a sign of things being shaken up a bit.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Spoilers for a Battle Royale game. It's a new multiplayer map, let's chill.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Well technically I was talking more about having it split up like Sanhok on PUBG, so you can have routes that you have to swim across or risk using bridges.

But lmao at you not believing me.

sketch157080729255579jue.png

sketch1570807375117i6js9.png

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit does it still have those?! lol
They say the reason games like that dont leave early access has to do with patch verification on consoles. Games not in early access need their updates/patches approved which takes longer, so they couldn't push out those quick updates whenever they want.

Not even sure if that's still true.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Bruh posted his texts to prove a point 😂 lmao

Looking forward to the event, each one I've witnessed has been amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude this is crazy every time Apex does something that Fortnite doesn't have Fortnite hits right back and adds that same thing
Yeah but I don't think a new map is something they could copy/add so quick like they did with the ping and reboot bus system. If it is indeed an actual new map I feel like it's something they have been working on for a while before Apex's new map was known about. There have been rumors of a new map for s11 for a while.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Dude this is crazy every time Apex does something that Fortnite doesn't have Fortnite hits right back and adds that same thing. People have been asking for a new map for such a long time and here we are.
While I agree 98.62% with this statement, I think a new map would have had to be in development for a very long time for balancing purposes.