• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Dude, reread it "Throwing stuff aint cool. Slapping is far worse. But doing it in front of kids? Hang them both." This is what people are taking issue with.
Yeah and I specifically mentioned in my first post that I agree with the "don't fight in front of your kids" part, I should have mentioned that I don't agree with the "hang them both" part. I overlooked it because of the "slapping is far worse" comment, but he was indeed calling for equal punishment there but that I didn't take literally. It's on me for not being thoughtful enough when commenting on a sensitive subject. In other words, I fucked up. But no harm done, only made myself look like an ass.

Last edited:

NegativeCero

Oct 28, 2017
There aren't many things that bother me more than domestic abusers because of my past experience seeing it as a kid. I hope this piece of garbage is put in jail for the maximum allowable time. I don't know what the law is in Australia but I hope the victim helps put him there.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Mod Edit: We do not provide a platform for Boogie or his content here.
Dude is already at it.

Did he saw the whole thing?
When I was under the assumption that he slapped her once my stance was similar (except the hang them both part)

Seeing the whole thing however paints a completely different, and really grim picture

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
I'm sorry but what the fuck is a statement like, "when my partner fell pregnant," doing coming out of anyone's mouth? Like, this is something you say about someone who falls ill with an incurable disease, not about something that's supposed to be a joyous occasion.

I think "fell pregnant" is Australian slang. I listen to a podcast with an Australian host and he uses that phrase fairly often. I figured it was sort of a jokey way of referring to getting pregnant, but I've seen it used in a lot of serious contexts so I'm not sure.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but what the fuck is a statement like, "when my partner fell pregnant," doing coming out of anyone's mouth? Like, this is something you say about someone who falls ill with an incurable disease, not about something that's supposed to be a joyous occasion.

It's a pretty normal phrasing in UK, guess it is in Australia too. Not too different from "Fell in love"?

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
It's common Aussie vernacular, it's how my pregnant partner talks about her pregnancy but I get that it sounds strange. Had conversations on the phrasing before when inebriated with mates

Edit:
It's a pretty normal phrasing in UK, guess it is in Australia too. Not too different from "Fell in love"?

I like this comparison to falling in love

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe people are out here really defending domestic abuse because of video games. Shit is disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
This is why there is so much of it here in Australia because the consequences are piss weak

Good behaviour

All that bullshit

Unless the person is killed then Australia takes it a bit more seriously

Fucking does my head in so much

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're using your own bias to attribute reasons to his actions - something you just can't know. How about you just relax a bit and have a little empathy for a victim of abuse.

Our personal experience always color how we interpret every thing we experience ... There is no real objective look things. We're all human and just do our best.

Just want to say this post is garbage. Also a person being a victim of something does not mean they can shit on other victims.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's common Aussie vernacular, it's how my pregnant partner talks about her pregnancy but I get that it sounds strange. Had conversations on the phrasing before when inebriated with mates

Edit:

I like this comparison to falling in love
Ah, OK. Where I'm from (Canada) we definitely don't say it that way but thanks for explaining. Learned something new today.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't understand the last word she said.
Get of the game.... ?
She's pregnant poor girl. Maybe she wanted to go somewhere or needed something.

That fucking moron acted like an animal.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, OK. Where I'm from (Canada) we definitely don't say it that way but thanks for explaining. Learned something new today.

For what it's worth, we say "fall pregnant" ("tomber enceinte") in European French as well, but I don't know about Canadian French. We fall in love, we fall ill, we fall pregnant—you suddenly find yourself in a whole new state.

kyoya

Dec 26, 2017
Everybody says she supposedly threw something at this guy. Regardless, he should've just stopped his stream got up and walked out of the house, or walked away from the relationship entirely for that matter.

I feel horrible for the kids, I hope they are somewhere safe and were evaluated by child protective services or the police.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I got called sexist on YouTube for stating that 'a man should not a woman is sexist'.

Someone was saying you don't ever hit a woman and I replied saying I'm sorry but that's sexist in its self. Women are equal and if a woman hits me I'll hit her back AND I also said the same would go for anyone. The response was that I was a sexist Woman beater apparently.

Regarding the video, it's shocking that people are actually defending the piece of shit that hit his SO.

She threw a fucking empty Broken down cardboard box and I keep seeing that, that was enough provocation for what he did.

It just shouldn't matter at all and what he did us unforgiveable. I'm glad he's been charged!

If you ever decide it's a good idea to hit a woman, I sincerely hope someone is around to just knock your ass out.

JimmyJacking

Oct 28, 2017
In the spirit of balance, 7News has actually let him provide a statement to the camera.

*edit: you might want to skip to the 1min mark if you don't want to hear or watch the background again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I genuinely don't understand how anyone can defend the guy or say that "both sides are bad" in this. It's incredibly clear cut. I thought even on a gaming forum, there'd be little controversy there.

And I keep being negatively surprised. Thankfully most even on the gaming side know better, but some people here, seriously. Straight out gg.

If you ever decide it's a good idea to hit a woman, I sincerely hope someone is around to just knock your ass out.

One should never violently assault anyone, male or female.

Unless they are doing something really bad, like waving a gun around or such. But that's a very rare case.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I read through that GAF thread and some posts on Reddit, and internally I am actually pretty angry. Angry that so many young men are so fucking lost, irresponsible, hateful, bitter, resentful, disrespectful and just morally bankrupt. It is no wonder so many are single or can't hold a relationship. In all honesty, unless they can change, I hope they don't ever get in a relationship and just stay single, because they clearly don't have the mental capacity and morality to maintain a productive relationship.

To any of those irresponsible or pathetic manchildren reading, when your wife is pregnant and already with child, and she pleads with you to get off your fucking video game that you've already been on for hours, you get off your fucking video game. So fucking what if she threw some cardboard at him, she'd clearly had enough of his gaming addiction and related neglect of her, and perhaps more importantly, her kids (news report says there were two children in the house, one toddler and one baby). If it was my wife she'd have likely just turned the power off (we've been happily married for 7 years) and Lord knows how this piece of shit would have reacted if she'd done that.

Have some fucking respect, decency and responsibility. There's nothing wrong with her pressuring her husband to get off his lazy fucking ass and help her out with the kids or just eat the damn dinner that she prepared. And there's even less justification for this shitty low life to slap and beat her over it, especially in front of the child. Over a fucking round of Fortnite of all things, that he's probably played hundreds of rounds of already and that in the grand scheme of life means FUCK all. This deadbeat is a piece of shit and there is no both sides or equivance. Yes she threw some shit, but she was clearly at the end of her tethers. The silver lining is that she'll hopefully be free from him and this clearly disfunctional relationship going forward, and perhaps he might be able to get in some introspection and improvement during his punishment.
Fucking A++ post

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't understand how anyone can defend the guy or say that "both sides are bad" in this. It's incredibly clear cut. I thought even on a gaming forum, there'd be little controversy there.

And I keep being negatively surprised. Thankfully most even on the gaming side know better, but some people here, seriously. Straight out gg.

One should never violently assault anyone, male or female.

Unless they are doing something really bad, like waving a gun around or such. But that's a very rare case.

One should never say "if a woman hits me I'm hitting them because we're equals!"

Oct 29, 2017
In the spirit of balance, 7News has actually let him provide a statement to the camera.

*edit: you might want to skip to the 1min mark if you don't want to hear or watch the background again.

To summarize, he says it was a "one-off" and that he won't do it again but does not apologize.

So yeah, this guy can fuck straight off into the sun. He should be in jail for a long time.

Locuza

Mar 6, 2018
To summarize, he says it was a "one-off" and that he won't do it again but does not apologize.
While it's probably also understandable that the man is facing a deep crysis because of the consequences of his actions, beating his wife, which got publicly spread to millions of people, leading into loosing his job, an upcoming court case and an uncertain future, I find that picture straight up comical with the reporter asking him if he is a woman beater while he is laying in the bed like a sulky child basically saying once doesn't count.
womanbeaterokcut.jpg

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they were both arrested?
Kids go to orphanage and play fortnite, a fairy tale no less.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't hit anyone unless I was provoked aka I was beaten up. My point was that everyone is equal.

Not when it comes to physical power. Do not hit women back. Restrain or deflect, yes, but actually punching back is incredibly stupid. The average man will do tremendously more damage to the vast majority of women than vice versa.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Fucking cardboard? People are defending him because the wife threw a piece of cardboard? My wife once straight-up punched me in the face and still that wouldn't justify me hitting her. I have 80 pounds on her.

You just don't hit women, it is that simple. To say nothing of the kids. Jesus christ…

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking cardboard? People are defending him because the wife threw a piece of cardboard? My wife once straight-up punched me in the face and still that wouldn't justify me hitting her. I have 80 pounds on her.

You just don't hit women, it is that simple. To say nothing of the kids. Jesus christ…
I agree, but your wife sounds like an asshole.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I just can not understand for the life of me how you can even remotely believe that physically abusing your SO is the "right way" to get a point across.

Glad to read this bastard got charged.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Ugh, another person downplaying the danger of cardboard boxes...
You know these things are pointy. What if one the pointy angles came in contact with the eye ? Also some edges can be slightly sharp so you can cut yourself.
In the right hands, they can be terrible weapons.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ugh, another person downplaying the danger of cardboard boxes...
You know these things are pointy. What if one the pointy angles came in contact with the eye ? Also some edges can be slightly sharp so you can cut yourself.
In the right hands, they can be terrible weapons.
Australia and their obsession with cardboard boxes rivals the US and their gun culture

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know why I read the Facebook comments on about this on some Facebook group i follow. Jesus christ did it infuriate me seeing morons fucking laugh, defend him, and says she deserved it for being annoying.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017

Well, there are definitely cases where you should use force to restrain a women if she is going to e.g. harm people. That doesn't mean of course you can just hit her back as it's obvious that your punch packs more than hers. Equal rights doesn't mean all human beings are the same (as some other poster wants us to believe).

Anyways there seem to be some serious problems in your marriage if your wife just straight punched you in the face.

Deleted member 14663

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife once straight-up punched me in the face and still that wouldn't justify me hitting her. I have 80 pounds on her.

But you found it ok that she punched you? In my opinion, you just don't use violence in a relationship, period. Goes both ways.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
ALWAYS walk away from a situation like that. Now he's going to do hard time because he couldn't control himself.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the posts here are goddamn baffling. His actions are completely indefensible.