• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
User Banned (1 week): Mocking sympathy for abuse victim and advocating violence
So many emotional posts in here lol I can imagine the furious typing. "TO HELL with him!!!"

Hope he spends some time locked up. Enough to get roughed up. Also doesn't deserve his family.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
What a great way to rehabilitate - to dehumanize someone. This is why American prisons are so fucked up. But that's another argument for another day, I guess.

What rehabilitation? If you actually hear the woman, she is scared to tell him anything, he has been abusing her for so long. Abuse is deeply engraved in his mind.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any updates on whether or not the authorities have been involved in this situation? That child probably needs to be removed from these circumstances (and almost definitely her father).

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your goal here is to represent this situation as "both sides are wrong". You are doing it in this very post! You're justifying his reaction by saying that she threw things at him, making him "snap". As if he was the victim here! She made him "snap". Other people may react properly, but everyone's different, so oops!

Nah, dude. Again, it's pretty clear what your goal is.

You're using your own bias to attribute reasons to his actions - something you just can't know. How about you just relax a bit and have a little empathy for a victim of abuse.

Our personal experience always color how we interpret every thing we experience ... There is no real objective look things. We're all human and just do our best.

I hope they got the kid out of that situation and maybe there are some family members that can help.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So once again, gamers are being trash by defending a blatant abuser.

And don't give me that #notallgamers shit.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That streamer seems to be the perfect example of a gamer man child

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
She threw a cardboard box and people out there think that is a legit invitation for a guy to beat his wife, in front of his child no less? What the fuck is wrong with people?!

Jun 17, 2018
Seems like it's an abusive relationship on both parts, though he should be a man and not put his hands on her. And she's pregnant too?!? Like have some compassion and understanding for what she's going through.

Oct 27, 2017
You're using your own bias to attribute reasons to his actions - something you just can't know. How about you just relax a bit and have a little empathy for a victim of abuse.

Our personal experience always color how we interpret every thing we experience ... There is no real objective look things. We're all human and just do our best.

I hope they got the kid out of that situation and maybe there are some family members that can help.

No, I'm using his words. He has been trying to paint this situation as "both sides" from his very first post. That is straight up victim blaming.

He even said that she probably beats up her kids, but you seem to have ignored that. Instead you tell me to calm down... Curious.

Focusing on the kid, you're also implying that she's to blame here. Otherwise, why wouldn't you want the kid to be with her mom too? Curious, as well.

I get why she was annoyed if he's neglecting family for a shit game but she made a mistake throwing stuff at him as he has a history of fornite rage. People like this best left unprovoked if you encounter his kind but i hope he gets charged.

More victim blaming. Just peachy.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim Blaming
I get why she was annoyed if he's neglecting family for a shit game but she made a mistake throwing stuff at him as he has a history of fornite rage. People like this best left unprovoked if you encounter his kind but i hope he gets charged.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not watching, there are few things I just straight up won't watch but this is a nah from me.

Oct 25, 2017
Is this guy a big streamer?

Because it astounds me he has the lack of self awareness not only to beat his SO in front of his kid, but in front of his viewership.

I'm just blown away by the lack of self awareness this person has

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know the full details of their relationship - doesn't seem healthy at all at any rate -, but throwing a light piece of cardboard isn't the same as slapping someone. He's the piece of shit in this scenario. No buts.

Luckily, he's also a dumb idiot. You've got to be really stupid to attack someone while streaming. Hopefully he gets his just deserts, and their kid isn't too traumatized by this.

Deleted member 32359

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Do we have any updates on whether or not the authorities have been involved in this situation? That child probably needs to be removed from these circumstances (and almost definitely her father).
That's the most important thing we should be concerned about now. Many streamers are bad person but here there's a child that authorities have to protect.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
She threw a cardboard box and people out there think that is a legit invitation for a guy to beat his wife, in front of his child no less? What the fuck is wrong with people?!
Some people are out of their fucking minds. Did you know cardboard can give you like, a paper cut if slid across your arm, or something? /s

And look at that, no charges on her. Fuck all yall both sides bullshitters.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is this guy a big streamer?

Because it astounds me he has the lack of self awareness not only to beat his SO in front of his kid, but in front of his viewership.

I'm just blown away by the lack of self awareness this person has
He only had 15 viewers in the clip so no not even close. At most he only reached affiliate on Twitch so he wasn't making any kind of real income off his stream either.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disturbing and disgusting. If this guy hits a woman over having to stop playing a video game so he can eat dinner with his wife and child, I wonder what something that makes him lose it will result in for his wife and children. I cannot believe he did it with children around/in earshot.

Hope the wife and kid(s) get out quick and without further harm.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reacts like a teenager arguing with his mum when told to get off his game and then attacks his partner in front of their child and his audience?

Pathetic piece of shit, hope she gets far away from him and he goes to jail.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're in this thread talking about cardboard boxes then fuck you too.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying that, it's just that I'm not buying into her being an ideal parent for this kid (these kids?) either.

My siblings and I had to deal with both a father that would engage in psychopathic aggression over almost anything, and a mother who would employ all sorts of narcissistic manipulations and various childlike tactics on us instead. These kinds of personalities sometimes just attract each other. The feeling I'm getting in this video is very much reminiscent of the vibe we used to have at home whenever our parents found themselves at opposite ends.

A father who would react with aggression towards his wife, and already verbal aggression towards his daughter, will almost certainly take the physical aggression out on the kids at some point too. But likewise, I would expect the mother to react similarly towards her kids whenever they wouldn't listen to her; by resorting to throwing shit at her kids to get them to do as she wants.

Neither is ideal or even deserving for a kid.

No need to "normalize" it when this kinda garbage was already business as usual in our household, as it is in likely millions more around the world. The fact that it is horrible doesn't take away that these are situations that actually do exist in the real world.

Yup, both the fact that he just goes back on stream as if nothing notable has happened, and the fact that she appeals to the stream as an audience to tell them that she is pregnant strike me as dubious here.

Once again, I want to state that the wife is clearly the victim in this situation, but looking at the bigger picture my concerns are primarily with the children. These kinds of influences can fuck you up for life.

Jesus Christ there's always someone.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
After review, this thread is now open.

In a statement, NSW Police said the streamer, a 26-year-old Sydney man, has been charged with assault.
"While the woman was not seriously injured she was distressed and shaken by the incident.
An apprehended violence order has been served," police said.
Officers from Camden Police, in western Sydney, were contacted by someone who witnessed the livestream about 8.30pm yesterday.
Police attended the Franklin Grove, Oran Park, home about 11.30pm last night and arrested the man.
He was taken to Narellan Police Station where he has been charged with common assault. He was granted conditional bail and will appear in Camden Local Court this Thursday.
From: https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...e/news-story/5748f2624e19f75da26c418c7c76a697

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope common assault carries a heavier sentence then it sounds.

At the very least this dude should be not be able to see his kids without a 3rd party observer for some time.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
While its good the asshole was charged. The Australian court system has failed again and again with domestic violence. They will give him a light sentence that he wont learn from.

I hope one day courts will hold assholes like him responsible for their actions and give them tougher sentencing.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I hope he get what he deserves, but I suspect that the fact he didnt even cared about the streaming going on while doing such things, is that he know he wont' have to fear much about police about his behaviour... :(

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What rehabilitation? If you actually hear the woman, she is scared to tell him anything, he has been abusing her for so long. Abuse is deeply engraved in his mind.

There need to be punishment and rehabilitation, but, usually, focus on rehabilitation since these people will come back out in society on day.

And I even believe there are studies that show that when you focus on rehabilitation it is better in the long run then just punishment.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
That video is scary as fuck

Hope she's able to leave him and take the kids with her.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
more like mrdeadbeat amirite
fuck this dickhead, the people around you matter more than a video game