• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand the rationale behind an event based on an R rated franchise for a game primarily played by kids...

Fortnite is played my millions of people, unless Epic have stated this officially then your assumption that it's primarily played by kids is kind of baseless.

There are shit tons of young adults and teenagers playing and streaming the game too.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
For the sake of reality making some sense, I hope this isn't real. These movies are a slaughter with a layer of plot.

I just can't see how this is a good idea for Epic.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How to massively deflate the appeal of your movie
2d6.jpg_large

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Not a fan of Fortnite, but I love John Wick. I may be stupid enough to go for it.

He's the antithesis of this game's premise, so it makes absolutely no sense, but it doesn't matter when it comes to marketing and money.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Its kinda amazing how much better the actual John Wick skin looks than the generic ones.
Yeah, the Reaper skin really pales in comparison now.

Makes me even more disappointed in the Avengers skins, because despite being disappointed by how they made Star-Lord (and even Widow not looking like any traditional design), I read somewhere that Marvel gave them designs but Epic wanted to create their own designs so they fit more with their world. It made me accept it a bit more, but this not only looks just like John Wick from the movie, but it looks like Keanu Reeves!

Meanwhile Star-Lord and Black Widow have goofy bandanas wrapped around their arms for no reason just to look like they fit into the game.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't John Wick in the game already at some point? I remember seeing that skin during John Wick 2 IIRC.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
It amzes me how bitter people can be towards a computer game simply because it's managed to go mainstream and become a cultural phenomenon.

Nov 1, 2017
It's funny how Fortnite is now the game that is cool to hate while Minecraft has suddenly become the cool kids game.

Can't wait to see how everyone will gush about Fortnite in 5 years and hate on whatever will be popular then

I can see the threads now: The building mechanic in Fortnite was decades ahead of its time, revolutionized the industry, and severely underrated!

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
1. They literally had a John Wick esque skin released a year or so ago.
2. Not just kids play Fortnite
3. It's not like 9 year olds are walking into John Wick 3 this week

No idea how this thread turned into "BUT THE CHILDREN!!!" over a game that has a primarily mechanic of... shooting each other.

EDIT: Were there not Die Hard, Terminator and Robocop games for the NES/SNES?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Fortnite is now the game that is cool to hate while Minecraft has suddenly become the cool kids game.

Can't wait to see how everyone will gush about Fortnite in 5 years and hate on whatever will be popular then

I have so many co workers in their mid 20s that love shitting on Fortnite for being a kids game but can never stop talking about Minecraft lol.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
Just played the John Wick mode and was carried for a win first try. Really enjoyed it.

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Cool! The fake-Wick skin was always one of my least favorite skins in the game so I'm happy that they're putting in the real deal. I just hope this doesn't mean the movie will feature Fortnite footage like that recent mediocre superhero movie.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow. It's crazy how much better the "official Wick" skin looks than Reaper.

And I thought Reaper looked pretty good when it launched.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have so many co workers in their mid 20s that love shitting on Fortnite for being a kids game but can never stop talking about Minecraft lol.

It's just funny to see.
But it makes it much easier to identify those who are either really young and/or just following internet trends.

I mean, sure some probably geniuly dislike it for some reason or another, but those people tend not to discuss the game at all as long as they are not asked.