• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
a4obcq9ltdy21.png

Someone datamined the skin:

With mentions of the tokens being part of a limited time mode.

Also the body of a skin seemingly based on Halle Barry's character.

D6mEYVXW0AAKQEA.png:large

Should be noted that in one of the earlier seasons there was a John Wick-like character named the Reaper in the game:

johnwick.jpg

So this is the second case of there being a character in the game that is like a movie character that ultimately got an official version of the skin. (Starlord being the last one).

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I still don't understand the rationale behind an event based on an R rated franchise for a game primarily played by kids...

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
well there are alot of kids that play rated M games so....
It's a little different for movies though, because a lot of parents still think "oh it's a video game, so it must be for kids" but will be adamant about not letting their kids see R rated films.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little different for movies though, because a lot of parents still think "oh it's a video game, so it must be for kids" but will be adamant about not letting their kids see R rated films.
very weird parenting if said parent is fine with little tommy killing hookers in GTA but draw the line with some rated R movie.

but at the end of the day it really depends on said game and movie.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Its kinda amazing how much better the actual John Wick skin looks than the generic ones.
That Reaper skin is from season 3. I believe they introduced skins in season 2, but not sure. But that would mean that Reaper skin was released ~10 weeks after they introduced skins (a season is 10 weeks). We're in season 9 now. A lot of skins that come out nowadays look way better than the earlier ones. But yeah, this one and the Avengers skins look amazing!

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting in line to see John but after reading this news I just left to watch pikachu instead. Seriously Keanu? You're going to sully your reputation by associating with Fortnite? You lost a fan today, and I am not alone.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Damn now people gonna cut you the fuck up if you running around in the Reaper skin.

Cyber bullying

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Cool skin. Don't understand the backlash.
Seeing people "canceling" Keanu over a game cosmetics is ridiculous.

Apr 8, 2018
Damn, I was hoping I'd be done buying stuff from the item shop for awhile after the Avengers event lol. That John Wick skin is dope.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It's hilarious because they already had an unofficial version that everybody called John wick. Knew one looks cool.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played the game in a couple months now, but this might pull me back just so that I can unlock it in case I ever decide to come back. Looks great.

Jan 10, 2018
It's a bit of a strange match. A game that tries to be as child friendly as possible suddenly has a guest appearance by a character from an R rated movie. Surely the production team behind John Wick would see it as an attempt to widen their brand to a variety of Fortnite users - including children?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of a strange match. A game that tries to be as child friendly as possible suddenly has a guest appearance by a character from an R rated movie. Surely the production team behind John Wick would see it as an attempt to widen their brand to a variety of Fortnite users - including children?

Come on now.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I still don't understand the rationale behind an event based on an R rated franchise for a game primarily played by kids...
Is Fortnite primarily played by kids though. All the stats I can find say 63% of the player base is between 18-24. And in the UK the new movie is a 15 certificate. So I don't really see it as a concern.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
They had a "John Wick" Skin in Season 3, so probably just them making it official with a real John Wick skin is probably why it's happening and marketing for the movie doesn't hurt. Fortnite also has realistic looking guns, despite being kid friendly, I don't think EPIC care that much about other I.P not being kid friendly too.