• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't seemed to hurt either Apple or Fortnite, the only people who really lose out are the players who prefer to play on their iPhones

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like any decent lawyer would have been able to tell you that's what would happen if you broke their contract before suing. Sweeney knew this was most likely going to be the end result and still went ahead with the awful plan anyway. If he's upset about it he only has himself to blame.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Who would have known this would happen?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It's almost like any decent lawyer would have been able to tell you that's what would happen if you broke their contract before suing.
Sweeney isn't a complete idiot he knew this would be the outcome. At least now he can point to Apple when rabid fans ask him why Fortnite isn't on Apple devices.

OP
OP

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Hasn't seemed to hurt either Apple or Fortnite, the only people who really lose out are the players who prefer to play on their iPhones
It doesn't hurt Apple because if they added Fortnite back Epic would just do in-app purchases through their website... Apple makes nothing. Epic on the other hand will lose hundreds of millions if this goes to 5 years.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah. They kind of maliciously broke the contract. I don't know what they expected to happen.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I don't really care how this goes one way or the other, but I find it hilarious that Tim's email says "we promise to follow all your rules" just after breaking their rules and taking them to court to say their rules suck. Sorry dude, why exactly should we continue to work with you?

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Epic lost iPhone income (which turns out is like the smallest section of Fortnite income).

Apple now is dealing with every country pushing requirements for anti-steering and secondary purchase services.

I think it's pretty clear that Epic caused significantly more harm to Apple then Apple did to Epic.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Isn't Apple losing potential income (from Fortnite's microtransactions)? I don't really understand their decision? Isn't it a little bit childish or there's something more?

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I feel bad for the young players who Epic used as pawns in their lawsuit. Some of these people may not have access to other platforms due to tight financial situations their families are in. Those people don't deserve this.

But this was caused by Epic. They flagrantly broke the rules of Apple's platform and tried to make themselves out as "Freedom Fighters" when all they were fighting for was the freedom to make more money. I have zero sympathy for Epic here.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I mean that seems to be the smart play legally speaking and also this isn't why you fucking dynamite your valid contracts and also Unreal Engine still isn't safe.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Isn't Apple losing potential income (from Fortnite's microtransactions)? I don't really understand their decision? Isn't it a little bit childish or there's something more?
It's like Apple losing a singular hair strand on top of a glorious mane of thick, luxurious hair.

OP
OP

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I guess Epic could keep UE off of Apple products. Just burn all bridges while we're at it.

Apr 25, 2020
this hurts apple more then epic.
Premium-Global-Smartphone-Market-Stats-Q1-2019-840x473.jpg

It really doesn't.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
But this very forum told me Tim Epic won it big!! You know that tiny little victory amongst all the losses. He still won it big!!

And this is why you don't listen to forum members here when it comes to court decisions, especially all the one liners.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018

Eh? The Apple ecosystem is MASSIVE, Epic are losing out on a shitload of revenue from this. Yes, they are huge and Iphone revenue probably was never a major portion of Fortnite cash, but it's still money they've lost for zero gain.