• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
this game

and yeah I'm wondering how long until theres V Bucks tickets to just watch a whole movie in the sky while playing party mode
i honestly think thats a solid ass idea and would probably make more money than a lot of freakin theaters lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
1DYd.gif

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Already seen the opening last year in IMAX, extremely excited to watch it. But Nolan and Fortnite?!

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
I'm gonna bet the Dune movie trailer will get a premier on Fortnite too, with a giant sandworm showing up inside the game.

tATu

Alt Account
Mar 18, 2020
12 year olds are definitely the target audience for this movie

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can probably expect a ton more stuff like this. They've been very adamant that they want to make Fortnite a platform and not just a video game.

Tapped out early on this Season for multiple reasons but if your still one of those curmudgeons that think that Fortnite is just a kids thing then your really missing out on some really cool stuff.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would have to guess from Epic's side that this is an attempt to get people who normally wouldn't go near Fortnite to sign up, because otherwise it doesn't really mesh with other events they've done.

From WB's side, it'll certainly get the trailer in front of eyeballs, I'll give it that (and making it an "event" while generate headlines and the like, yadda yadda).

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt there a scene in the Simpsons where a bunch of babies are watching something that isnt relevant to them?

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes that crossover demographic of kids that play Fortnite and kids that watch Nolan films that aren't Batman.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
You can probably expect a ton more stuff like this. They've been very adamant that they want to make Fortnite a platform and not just a video game.

Tapped out early on this Season for multiple reasons but if your still one of those curmudgeons that think that Fortnite is just a kids thing then your really missing out on some really cool stuff.
I see where you're coming from, but I also don't care about playing games to be within a platform or an experience that is separate from the game. I can see the appeal, but when I'm booting up a game I'm there to play the game.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They took a cool moment of an in-game concert and now they're going to run it into the ground. Don't like Travis Scott, but that shit was hype.

And now they're murdering the whole concept.

tATu

Alt Account
Mar 18, 2020
Not here to defend Fortnite or anything, but the main demographic of the game is between 18 and 24yo.

Googled quickly and this was the note i found in regards to this -
62.7% of Fortnite players (excluding those younger than 18) are aged 18-24 according to one analysis, while another finds 45.75% fall into this age bracket

And here's another demographic statistic that also excludes people under 18 - https://www.statista.com/statistics/865616/fortnite-players-age/

Basically seems to be a number from an incomplete demographics survey unless I'm missing something.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017
One for the Dads I guess.

It will certainly get the film exposure in the gaming press, they lap this kind of thing up.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys are hilarious as if you guys know Nolan. Maybe Nolan really likes Fortnite and he is okay with this. "I can't believe WB would do this to Nolan's art"

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure Fortnite players are the right audience for this movie?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I will old-man-rage at this FOREVER. It makes all kinds of sense for content to premiere in Fortnite like this, but I'm still gonna hate it cuz.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ehhh

Wake me up when Miku does a live concert

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Are they turning Fortnite into a spiritual sequel to Playstation Home?