• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
God, those Goku and Vegeta character models are awful. Their heads look so weirdly out of proportion with their bodies.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Can't believe we were denied "Badman"

EEyBHl0WwAQtp36.jpg

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Kinda bothered it leaked, I need a reason to stay up dammit!

Really want that Shenlong glider

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I won't lie, they don't look great. I'm not a fan of Fortnite's cel shaders, and this is pretty much what I feared. They'd look better if they were just adapted to Fortnite's art style. Maybe my opinion will change when the official trailer drops.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Crossing fingers that I can at least get a glider via quests. Other than that I'm mainly interested in the new POIs.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So the only emote is the fusion dance?

And the Kamehameha is treated as a weapon like a lightsaber? Kinda lame

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok

But they have Pan or Videl still? Wouldn't those or even Chi Chi make more sense than Bulma?

Pan is still a toddler in the current canon and Videl has been demoted exclusively to Gohan's Wife. Bulma remains the only major female character who does anything in Dragonball anymore.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok

But they have Pan or Videl still? Wouldn't those or even Chi Chi make more sense than Bulma?
Pan is literally a baby in the Anime or a toddler if you consider the new movie.

Chi Chi and Videl have been irrelevant since their debut, unfortunately. They are straight up wasted as housewives.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Did I also see a Master Roshi turtle shell back bling? Looks like it when they're running into the city.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh ok

Bulma's been relevant for the entire series, and has had increasing relevance for Super. It's fair to call her the female lead of Dragonball.

Videl hasn't done much since Majin Buu showed up. Pan's got an role in the new movie and is probably in line to be a major player going forward but does Fortnite have characters with kid proportions?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is Beerus actually that well liked by the fanbase? He gets a lot of play in promotion.

He is. He has an extremely distinct design, a fun personality, and a fantastic voice in both English and Japanese. He's absolutely a good pick for crossover marketing stuff once you move past Goku and Geets.

At the end of the day: the dude's a giant cat, of course he's gonna get a lot of marketing. :)

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Gonna guess the second set will be

- Piccolo
- Future Trunks
- Gohan
- Android 18

Unless they do a "Rivals" themed thing again like with Naruto

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got it, thanks. I haven't seen any DragonBall past Cell Saga so I appreciate that!

Totally. It also helps that unlike Frieza, Cell or Buu, he only has ONE form, so you don't have to deal with people complaining that you included this form but not that form, or trying to make voice clips work across various forms when all of the transforming villains speak differently in each of their forms. Beerus is just Beerus, and that makes it easy to work him into things in a way that it's a little harder to do with Frieza or Buu.

Dragonball is very bad at women, sadly.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Goku and Vegeta look hilarious, the rest is awesome. Really surprised we're getting multiple DB locations.