• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

There's also a Star Destroyer asset in the files.

And can get the skin for free if you buy Fallen Order from the Epic Games Store:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
They sure as hell know how to do cross promotion well.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish TF2 and Dota 2 still got promo items. A lot of them sucked but a few of them were cool.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Does it show how long it will be available? My two little brothers really wants this but we don't have enough money to get 3000 vbucks (one for each) for the outfits.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars is going to be the best selling title of the year lol. I work at gamestop and we get calls for Fortnite promotional shit all. the. time.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
What a time to be alive

EJY_cOXWsAAe9gZ

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find it strange that the crossover is with Fortnite and not... you know... EA's own battle royale Apex Legends?
It's still Disney, I'm sure they own the merchandising and such. It's promotion, but it's also Star Wars branding. Epic also probably paid for it like they likely did for the Thanos event, wanting people to buy the game on EGS.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
No ? Fortnite is the much bigger game and this is supposed to promote Jedi Fallen Orders.
It's true that Fortnite is bigger, but Fallen Order and Apex are both Respawn games. The only reason why they might not is due to Apex wanting characters to remain recognizable.

That being said, some SW themed content, like a blaster L-star skin would still be cool.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do something with Apex too as I actually like Apex. Trickier fit with the character classes I suppose.

Definitely odd to have EA cross promoting one of their biggest game's biggest competitor.

Apr 8, 2018
I don't play Fortnite as often anymore, but I may have to get this. Would've been neat if they had The Mandalorian or a Boba Fett skin tho.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Still can't believe they're selling singular skins for $15 that leave the game wholly unchanged and will be dropped immediately for the next $15 skin.

To be fair, at least you can actually choose to buy it, and they're not tied behind a lootbox system.
Plus, you can just select costumes to be randomised now.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
To be fair, at least you can actually choose to buy it, and they're not tied behind a lootbox system.
Plus, you can just select costumes to be randomised now.
I know, and I agree with it. I'm just surprised that we haven't seen a cosmetics market correction after all of this time. Outright purchases are great, I just can't believe that people are reconciling with spending the cost of a small studio game to change the appearance of their character with no gameplay change whatsoever. I figured at some point the "value" of a skin would correct and not be 15 whole dollars. Guess I'm wrong.