• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
God I love everything that Epic does with the world building in this game. Real or not I thought the comet wouldn't be topped, and here we are with giant cracks in the sky.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I'm extremely envious of the people who enjoy this game, as someone who has tried multiple times but failed to really get into it. Epic is supporting this game like no other developer and it's incredibly cool to see. Happy for all of you who play!

Oct 31, 2017
tumblr_nkveg5K0K91r54uwwo6_250.gif

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can't wait for the Fortnite AR battle royale game where real life is a battle royale.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Random objects also seem to be getting sucked into Fortnite.

The rumors/leaks seem to point to a historical theme for the next update, and I'm wondering if this is some sort of hint. The final unlock is rumored to be the Flying Dutchman, which has me absurdly giddy.

I'm wondering if they'll replace some of the locations that have had portals steal signs with historical locations? I would be incredibly hyped if that's the case. I'm not even a superhero fan and I stressed all season trying to get Omega...RIP my social life if I can get some Greek and Roman skins lol.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The rumors/leaks seem to point to a historical theme for the next update, and I'm wondering if this is some sort of hint. The final unlock is rumored to be the Flying Dutchman, which has me absurdly giddy.
It's worth mentioning that Epic released a Save the World dev roadmap today and it mentions 5.0 will bring "Wild West" heroes and flintlock guns, and since StW gets a lot of skins ported from BR.... We are indeed likely getting historical archetype characters and possibly weapons.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely envious of the people who enjoy this game, as someone who has tried multiple times but failed to really get into it. Epic is supporting this game like no other developer and it's incredibly cool to see. Happy for all of you who play!
Same here. Very jealous. I cant stand this fucking gameplay though.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

I'm wondering if they'll replace some of the locations that have had portals steal signs with historical locations? I would be incredibly hyped if that's the case. I'm not even a superhero fan and I stressed all season trying to get Omega...RIP my social life if I can get some Greek and Roman skins lol.
We know there's something of that nature coming to Save The World at least: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/8wm00k/save_the_world_development_roadmap_76/
  • Patch 5.0 (Week of 7/9)

• Challenge the Horde!

• New Flintlock weapons

• New Wild West Heroes

• 5.0 Content Update (Week of 7/16)

• New Assault Rifle in the Weekly Store

• Patch 5.1 (Week of 23)

• Canny Valley Act 1

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

Have you played it with friends? I tried the game several times by myself and ended up being bored. Then, my friends and I gave the gave a chance together and that changed everything for us.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Epic has updated done for their game in terms of updates than most companies do in entire franchise lifespans. Both adding to their game with new fresh content as well as meeting player requests.

Now they're about to bring the entire Fortnite map* to the real world. The absolute madmen.

*partial jokes

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Have you played it with friends? I tried the game several times by myself and ended up being bored. Then, my friends and I gave the gave a chance together and that changed everything for us.
Yeah and those are the only times I've truly had fun with the game, but the same can be said for most games: most things are more fun with friends. But even while playing with them, I still found the shooting and the bunnyhopping to be annoying as someone who sunk a lot of time into PUBG.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
At this point IDK why they haven't bought an island and replicated the map.

At this point I would totally freaking pay whatever it takes to play paintball/airsoft in said replica island hahah

It's worth mentioning that Epic released a Save the World dev roadmap today and it mentions 5.0 will bring "Wild West" heroes and flintlock guns, and since StW gets a lot of skins ported from BR.... We are indeed likely getting historical archetype characters and possibly weapons.

That's insanely interesting! Especially since Wild West was one of the rumored settings to be featured if I remember correctly.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the start of the next season, hopefully it has a big opening cutscene like this season did.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a tutorial section for this game on the Switch? I finally got it to work today but it seems like I can't find the tutorial.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a tutorial section for this game on the Switch? I finally got it to work today but it seems like I can't find the tutorial.

For the Battle Royale mode? No there is not. I think there may be some sort of tutorial in Save the World, though that hasn't gone F2P just yet. You can try out the Playground Mode though! It gives you the entire island to roam around in, practice building, learn the controls, and spar with friends if you're interested in that!

It'll be taken offline temporarily on July 12th, but Epic is bringing it back permanently afterwards.

Might be best watching some YT videos if you don't want to jump in blind.

Also this. I've really improved my play style from watching some streamers play from time to time. Just seeing how other players manager their inventory and their building style influenced me greatly.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This type of stuff makes watching a meteorite sprite in the skybox for 5 weeks seem pathetic by comparison and just think about how wow'ed we were at that, at the time lol

Epic REALLY stepping up their game.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
For the Battle Royale mode? No there is not. I think there may be some sort of tutorial in Save the World, though that hasn't gone F2P just yet. You can try out the Playground Mode though! It gives you the entire island to roam around in, practice building, learn the controls, and spar with friends if you're interested in that!

It'll be taken offline temporarily on July 12th, but Epic is bringing it back permanently afterwards.
You quoted the wrong person.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
This type of stuff makes watching a meteorite sprite in the skybox for 5 weeks seem pathetic by comparison and just think about how wow'ed we were at that, at the time lol

Epic REALLY stepping up their game.

Right?? The crack in the sky has been progressively growing ever since it appeared which is crazy. It now spans two massive cracks in the sky and the rifts are appearing the world over.

_dzLmEq5qc06WlvnuI4OMy-_aMxtSiZ6bw1IgErVY94.jpg

Meanwhile we watched a comet be updated a few times for 5 weeks and speculated like we were all trying to find the Triforce in OOT lmao.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And to think the Battle Royale mode wasn't even ever meant to be part of the game. Epic really lucked out.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Got it. Thanks. I died in the storm but I was inside. What's up with that?
The safe area of the map progressively gets smaller and smaller, you can see on your map how there is a white circle. Eventually the storm (the purple part of the map) closes in on the circle - if you are inside the storm you will take damage and die, no matter if you are inside or outside. Then when the storm is closed in, there will be a newer, even smaller safe circle, and after a few minutes the storm will start moving again.

In a battle royale game, it is necessary for the playable are to keep getting smaller, or else you would end up with just a few players strewn out across a giant map. The shrinking playable area forces players to come into contact with each other.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really over the current map, and don't understand why they would replace a couple spots on the one we have instead. I don't want to sound demanding, but that's just not cutting it for me anymore.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The safe area of the map progressively gets smaller and smaller, you can see on your map how there is a white circle. Eventually the storm (the purple part of the map) closes in on the circle - if you are inside the storm you will take damage and die, no matter if you are inside or outside. Then when the storm is closed in, there will be a newer, even smaller safe circle, and after a few minutes the storm will start moving again.

In a battle royale game, it is necessary for the playable are to keep getting smaller, or else you would end up with just a few players strewn out across a giant map. The shrinking playable area forces players to come into contact with each other.
I tried running but I couldn't catch up to the edge :p

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Right?? The crack in the sky has been progressively growing ever since it appeared which is crazy. It now spans two massive cracks in the sky and the rifts are appearing the world over.

_dzLmEq5qc06WlvnuI4OMy-_aMxtSiZ6bw1IgErVY94.jpg

Meanwhile we watched a comet be updated a few times for 5 weeks and speculated like we were all trying to find the Triforce in OOT lmao.
1DQXQqbdKpNTpAWKBiieIOQnxXS2iAeSgFxGYS8E7iM.png