• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting the rumor part in case people don't want to be spoiled but it's pretty much a confirmation.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/324033-fortnite-getting-a-creative-mode-focused-on-customization
It's a Minecraft mode.

MOD EDIT: Video link - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-new-sandbox-mode-separate-from-battle-royale

Thanks to a leak via a YouTube content creator, we now have info on a new mode coming to Fortnite. We won't be showcasing the video, as it's clear Epic wasn't ready for this footage to go live yet. The mode is called Creative, and will be a sandbox mode. Check out the known details below.
- fly around an island and make your own levels
- establish rules for things like team deathmatch
- change settings like gravity, spawn locations, and time limits

sor.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did I forget the "[rumor]" in the title or did a mod just remove it before anyone posted in the thread ? <.<

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
Are they going to get rid of STW or have three separate modes? Or is this new mode within BR? Maybe in the future there's going to be a fortnite for every genre. Constructor Penny dating racing sim please.

edit- just finished watching that video. yeah stw's never gonna be done.

Last edited:

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
My 10 year old and his mates will go nuts for this. Minecraft used to be the big thing for them before Fortnite. Now Epic are adding in a creative mode? That'll be all they talk about/want to do for the next God knows how long!

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They are doing everything right with this game. Fortnite is gonna be the biggest thing for years and years to come.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Custom modes? If this means no building custom games i might finally play Fortnite seriously.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
The Minecraft killer.

Not sure if it is a Minecraft killer, although I'm sure it will be very popular. Personally, it looks more like Halo Forge than Minecraft. You have limited in-game space and a limited amount of items you can actually place in the world. So it seems like it's more supposed to be used to create your own game modes than to build whatever you want like Minecraft. I'm sure people will still use it to create buildings and towns, but at this time it seems pretty limited. The free movements of the "props" as the video called them, does seems like it has the potential for people to make some cool stuff though. I could see this eventually turning into Fortnite Minecraft but right now I'd call it Fortnite Forge.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna be a Minecraft killer but i'm pretty sure my little brother and his friends are gonna love it.

Oct 27, 2017
That is nothing like Minecraft like some are saying... That's just a map maker for fortnite.. like any other fps map maker..

Also.. again.. "insert game killer" 99% is utter trash compared to the game it's killing..

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Will they pay map creators for their ideas when they implement them into the Battle Royale mode?

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Pretty neat. Constantly impressed at how Epic evolves Fortnite.

Getting real tired of leakers, though. What's the motivation for this? Surely Epic will come down hard. Is five minutes of YouTube fame really that appealing to these shitbirds?

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Is the YouTube dude that leaked it the guy showing on the video? If so, is he... not very smart, or what?

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Era has been posting leaks for at least 3 days now

4chan
Eurogamer
now Youtuber
That doesn't answer his question. What other new games, or features for existing games, has leaked? I haven't read much in that regard.

So a few examples of leaks, not just listing websites, would be helpful.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Fortnite but this isn't Minecraft 2.0 as the level of freedom and options you get in Minecraft will hardly ever be rivaled by this game. Interesting addition but I don't see myself using it much, seems more catered to "lol so random" YouTubers than anything.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't answer his question. What other new games, or features for existing games, has leaked? I haven't read much in that regard.

So a few examples of leaks, not just listing websites, would be helpful.
Crash Team Racing
Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Dragon Age 4

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
LOL at EPIC. Giving a damn YouTuber early access like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.