• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Oct 25, 2017

Could a kind soul please make Dave transparent and the right size for me please?
Forum update has completely ruined my current avatar dimensions to fit in properly.

Oct 25, 2017
Elmore
Hello!

Can somebody turn me into M. Bison with his hat and glowing white eyes? Odd request but here's the source images if you can xD

Thanks if you do. If sizing is an issue I don't mind you cropping out the torso and just having just the transparent dog head with it.

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering if anyone here had the ability/will to re-size an animated gif for me?
I was planning on using this sprite of Isaac from Golden Sun on another forum which doesn't have a thread such as this.

Looking to get the pic down to 2 versions: 100x100 and 60x60. Currently at 200x200

I'd do it myself but have no idea how to even begin approaching this

Oct 25, 2017
Elmore
I was wondering if anyone here had the ability/will to re-size an animated gif for me?
I was planning on using this sprite of Isaac from Golden Sun on another forum which doesn't have a thread such as this.

Looking to get the pic down to 2 versions: 100x100 and 60x60. Currently at 200x200

I'd do it myself but have no idea how to even begin approaching this
These work okay?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I just to take a moment to thank Kangi, Fantomas,and everyone else who takes time out of their day to help with these, you are awesome!

Side note, can someone with Photoshop skills and a little time PM me.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
anything about avatars change in the update?
Yes, a couple things that I have noticed:

Avatars are now all displayed at 96x96 in threads, so unlike on the legacy themes, there is no support for avatars with portrait dimensions anymore. On profile pages, however, they seem to display at double that size, so 192x192. That would probably be my suggestion for a minimum size now.

Also, the file size restrictions seem to have changed. I was able to upload an avatar the other day that was over 10x the size of the previous 50KB limit, and it worked perfectly fine. That's one of the reasons I asked the person above to let me know if that avatar uploads ok for them, because it is also very large compared to the previous requirements.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, a couple things that I have noticed:

Avatars are now all displayed at 96x96 in threads, so unlike on the legacy themes, there is no support for avatars with portrait dimensions anymore. On profile pages, however, they seem to display at double that size, so 192x192. That would probably be my suggestion for a minimum size now.

Also, the file size restrictions seem to have changed. I was able to upload an avatar the other day that was over 10x the size of the previous 50KB limit, and it worked perfectly fine. That's one of the reasons I asked the person above to let me know if that avatar uploads ok for them, because it is also very large compared to the previous requirements.
the size thing is awesome, I know they wanted to keep everything snappy but 50kbs was sooo tiny and was one of my main complaints when we first migrated over here. I used to do lots of avatars on gaf and it was nice to not have to compress stuff down so much, so that's nice. I still wish we had 120x100 though, as I found that to be optimal.