• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
58HfwYP.png
Lu9b7VZ.png

As an avatar? Make sure it's saved as a png, and maybe resize it appropriately. If the image itself isn't showing as transparent for you right there within your post, all I can say is that it appears transparent for me.
Amazing work! Thank you!

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to crop it so that it's just Chun and Mai, but I don't know if that's possible considering Yuri and Sakura are in the foreground.

0a8ae087baff08823e18a0a42778e112.jpeg

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Could I please have the yellow sides transparent or in a slightly darker shade of yellow?

gzmEcbJ.png

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Hello!

Can somebody turn me into M. Bison with his hat and glowing white eyes? Odd request but here's the source images if you can xD

jk1pvejc
t8sl4kvn

Thanks if you do. If sizing is an issue I don't mind you cropping out the torso and just having just the transparent dog head with it.
DoOk52Y.png
ywCmHxL.png
FCAUNuE.png

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering if anyone here had the ability/will to re-size an animated gif for me?
I was planning on using this sprite of Isaac from Golden Sun on another forum which doesn't have a thread such as this.

oRPAsE8.gif

Looking to get the pic down to 2 versions: 100x100 and 60x60. Currently at 200x200

I'd do it myself but have no idea how to even begin approaching this

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if anyone here had the ability/will to re-size an animated gif for me?
I was planning on using this sprite of Isaac from Golden Sun on another forum which doesn't have a thread such as this.

oRPAsE8.gif

Looking to get the pic down to 2 versions: 100x100 and 60x60. Currently at 200x200

I'd do it myself but have no idea how to even begin approaching this
These work okay?

kJEBKxy.gif
QzTmnIr.gif

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I just to take a moment to thank Kangi, Fantomas,and everyone else who takes time out of their day to help with these, you are awesome!

Side note, can someone with Photoshop skills and a little time PM me.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
anything about avatars change in the update?
Yes, a couple things that I have noticed:

Avatars are now all displayed at 96x96 in threads, so unlike on the legacy themes, there is no support for avatars with portrait dimensions anymore. On profile pages, however, they seem to display at double that size, so 192x192. That would probably be my suggestion for a minimum size now.

Also, the file size restrictions seem to have changed. I was able to upload an avatar the other day that was over 10x the size of the previous 50KB limit, and it worked perfectly fine. That's one of the reasons I asked the person above to let me know if that avatar uploads ok for them, because it is also very large compared to the previous requirements.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, a couple things that I have noticed:

Avatars are now all displayed at 96x96 in threads, so unlike on the legacy themes, there is no support for avatars with portrait dimensions anymore. On profile pages, however, they seem to display at double that size, so 192x192. That would probably be my suggestion for a minimum size now.

Also, the file size restrictions seem to have changed. I was able to upload an avatar the other day that was over 10x the size of the previous 50KB limit, and it worked perfectly fine. That's one of the reasons I asked the person above to let me know if that avatar uploads ok for them, because it is also very large compared to the previous requirements.
the size thing is awesome, I know they wanted to keep everything snappy but 50kbs was sooo tiny and was one of my main complaints when we first migrated over here. I used to do lots of avatars on gaf and it was nice to not have to compress stuff down so much, so that's nice. I still wish we had 120x100 though, as I found that to be optimal.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
Please, could someone make it into avatar size and with transparent background?

image_devil_may_cry_5-39701-4094_0002.jpg

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This is not the place to ask, but I don't know where to ask.
Will there be a thread for forum covers, and to help making them?