• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Does this look ok?

TaXvKCn.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I tried cutting out a circle object (logo in this case) from this artwork, but does my result look bad to anyone else? I used Magic Eraser tool to erase the stuff around the logo and then zoomed all in to use the Eraser Tool to delete all the blue pixels near the edge of the logo. And I used the Clone Stamp Tool to copy the red color on top of the arm in the logo. Is there a way to smoothen the edges of what you've cut out?

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried cutting out a circle object (logo in this case) from this artwork, but does my result look bad to anyone else? I used Magic Eraser tool to erase the stuff around the logo and then zoomed all in to use the Eraser Tool to delete all the blue pixels near the edge of the logo. And I used the Clone Stamp Tool to copy the red color on top of the arm in the logo. Is there a way to smoothen the edges of what you've cut out?
A light use of a feather tool should accomplish what you want. It looks good to me! Just make sure you check it against a few different color backgrounds to see any remaining specks and artifacts that may need to be cleaned up; there's some assorted little spots showing up around the circle. (Actually, in some cases feathering helps with that, too!)

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
5110w.jpg

Is it possible to make this transparent background? Right size and make her hair white? Thank you in advance <3

Bonus if anyone can put 2B face mask.
Nier_Automata_2B_Nier_Automata_elbow_gloves_animals_birds_NieR-6216.png!s

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
You actually did kind of alright! I only erased some of the artifacts around the circle and smoothed out the edges with the Elliptical Marquee Tool.
345toklx.png

Full-size:
344fakm1.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
You actually did kind of alright! I only erased some of the artifacts around the circle and smoothed out the edges with the Elliptical Marquee Tool.
A light use of a feather tool should accomplish what you want. It looks good to me! Just make sure you check it against a few different color backgrounds to see any remaining specks and artifacts that may need to be cleaned up; there's some assorted little spots showing up around the circle. (Actually, in some cases feathering helps with that, too!)
Thank you for these. I'm gonna have to play around with the Elliptical Marquee Tool and feathering.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks peeps.
I assume you're referring to how it still has a background? The background looks like a transparency layer, but it's still a background--Google images will betray me like that often!
Yeah, I tried shrinking it down but the layer I guess exists regardless unless you shrink it via Photoshop or other good programs

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Not an avatar but can someone edit a meme for me please? The Moe throwing Barney out one.

Can you mark Moe as "free time" and Barney as "work week" but in the third panel mark barney as "on call"

I'd really appreciate it, thank you 😁

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Not an avatar but can someone edit a meme for me please? The Moe throwing Barney out one.

Can you mark Moe as "free time" and Barney as "work week" but in the third panel mark barney as "on call"

I'd really appreciate it, thank you 😁
I suppose a meme request is fine, yeah. :P

Does this look ok?

AwYKC5q.png

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
rather than actually doing it, could one of y'all run down your process on how to make a transparent background. I tried with the current avatar I'm rocking and it came out like this:

lmfaooo. I'm just lassoing by hand on this touch pad on the laptop and outlining her as best I can. Surely there's another way and doesn't look as janky. Also yeah, there's a splotch on the side there that I guess I forgot to erase as well smh.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
rather than actually doing it, could one of y'all run down your process on how to make a transparent background. I tried with the current avatar I'm rocking and it came out like this:

lmfaooo. I'm just lassoing by hand on this touch pad on the laptop and outlining her as best I can. Surely there's another way and doesn't look as janky. Also yeah, there's a splotch on the side there that I guess I forgot to erase as well smh.
Well I'm sure we all do things a little differently, there's a lot of different tools that can do a similar job, and Photoshop and Gimp have some differences as well.

Depending on the picture, I will use either the Magic Eraser, the Background Eraser, or just the normal Eraser itself to take out the background. I try to use a small and soft brush for the Eraser if I'm doing things manually or zooming in for cleanup work as that makes it so it doesn't leave jagged edges behind and gives it more of an anti-aliased look, though the Feather selection option can be useful for this too. It can be quite tedious, and it's probably better done with a mouse than a touch pad, but with enough experience it is quite easy and fast for me to do now.

Using one of the selection tools can be useful as well, like the Magic Wand or the Lasso Tool, but I tend to just stick to the erasers. And then to make sure there isn't anything left behind like the spot you noticed in the corner there, I usually put a different colored background in as a new layer after I get the background removed, just so I can make sure there isn't anything like that left behind or any kind of edgework that needs to be touched up a bit.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Well I'm sure we all do things a little differently, there's a lot of different tools that can do a similar job, and Photoshop and Gimp have some differences as well.

Depending on the picture, I will use either the Magic Eraser, the Background Eraser, or just the normal Eraser itself to take out the background. I try to use a small and soft brush for the Eraser if I'm doing things manually or zooming in for cleanup work as that makes it so it doesn't leave jagged edges behind and gives it more of an anti-aliased look, though the Feather selection option can be useful for this too. It can be quite tedious, and it's probably better done with a mouse than a touch pad, but with enough experience it is quite easy and fast for me to do now.

Using one of the selection tools can be useful as well, like the Magic Wand or the Lasso Tool, but I tend to just stick to the erasers. And then to make sure there isn't anything left behind like the spot you noticed in the corner there, I usually put a different colored background in as a new layer after I get the background removed, just so I can make sure there isn't anything like that left behind or any kind of edgework that needs to be touched up a bit.
ah okay thanks for this. gonna try to use a eraser exclusively next time instead of just lasso tool. I think that's my problem.

edit: I did it! thanks Fantomas . looks much better now

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hi. Could I get an avatar version of the character in the middle? Just the character with no background would be great but if possible, I'd like a dark green background like the one the image uses. (Basically I just don't want the two on the sides)
Does this look ok?

00W0oVY.png

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I would like two avatars if someone gracious is gracious enough to lend the time. I want to make an Astral Chain avatar bet thread for how well it sells (it must be announced to sell over/under 500,000 copies by end of fiscal year).

First is a picture of the Unite Bomb power from The Wonderful 101, with text along the lines of "major bomba" at the bottom. This is the avatar for losers who bet over 500,000.

Second is using the face with sunglasses from the April fools trailer

Top text "Platinum"
Bottom text "Gods"
This is for when those who pick under lose.

If you have better ideas pitch them. Don't need to make them high quality, it's a punishment to wear it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I would like two avatars if someone gracious is gracious enough to lend the time. I want to make an Astral Chain avatar bet thread for how well it sells (it must be announced to sell over/under 500,000 copies by end of fiscal year).

First is a picture of the Unite Bomb power from The Wonderful 101, with text along the lines of "major bomba" at the bottom. This is the avatar for losers who bet over 500,000.

Second is using the face with sunglasses from the April fools trailer

Top text "Platinum"
Bottom text "Gods"
This is for when those who pick under lose.

If you have better ideas pitch them. Don't need to make them high quality, it's a punishment to wear it.

Do these look ok?

hNU1EMn.jpg

E4X9xiI.png

80a750a039a78510dbb00037b7e4940d.jpg

Can I get Bernie with a transparent background
I'm about to start working on this one now, just so you know.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's really good! I think I'll see if I can find a better bomb image when I can get home (crop a screen if necessary), but the second one is perfect.
Yeah I just grabbed the first image I saw on Google, I'm not familiar with Wonderful 101 so I wasn't sure exactly what to do for that.

But yeah, you can grab whatever image you want later and I can make another one, no problem. :)