• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best day for racing

• Saturday

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
rotate.php

Community Races
So KdotIX (GT - KdotIX) has suggested getting midweek community get-togethers going, just to have some fun, chat, laugh and perhaps do some muck around events, maybe even meet some new people.

league_week14foqqz.png

Current Championship :- Forza GT

Next race info:
Time:
Sunday April 29 3:00pm EST
Car Division: Forza GT
Track: Monza Full Circuit
Leave your time trial times here and I'll record them.

Zorbsie said :
Here's how it works:

Every Sunday we will get together and race. We will be using the homolgamated cars for most of the races. The league will be broken up into 5 series. There will be 4 divisions in each series. For example the first series will be the "American Cup" consisting of NASCAR, Rebirth of Muscle, Indy Car, Classic Muscle(Open). Every week will be a new division. Any car in the division is OK to use as long as it stays within the division limits. Points will be awarded, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We've done this with Forza 5 and 6 and it was a blast. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time. This is a great way to get some multiplayer races in with a group of like minded drivers.

Big thanks to FrontierUK, I would be totally lost without your help bud.
I'm sure I forgot to mention something. So if you have questions let me know.

So, who's in?
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Links to Previous Race announcements :-
Rebirth of Muscle
Indy Cars
Classic Street Muscle
Open-Wheel Legends
Formula Fords
Prototype Group Racing
Forza Touring Cars
Modern Hot Hatch
Sport Compacts
Sport GT Icons
Hyper Cars
Early Sport Touring

Standings are up.Check them out here

How is Forza 7 now?

Seven months after Forza arrived on the Xbox One Family and for the first time Windows 10 PC's for its 7th mainline release, how has the game shaped up?

KdotIX said :

(It's a) solid racing game but not without its problems, however, the dev is actively working on it all and listening to fan feedback - the most important aspect. It has more than enough to keep you coming back for more with plethora of game modes. An extensive single player campaign enables the player to race many of the 700+ cars against the (rather lacking) Drivatars but the single player is only scratching the surface. The online hoppers is a fun playground where racing etiquette is not required and the Leagues is more of the same, but with a ranking system to go with it - stay safe in the ghost events to climb the ladder or gamble your rank in the simulation events.

Forzathons are aimed to keep the player engaged with the promise of new and exclusive cars and now they're actually working! Overall, looking forward to more updates over the course of the year and keen to see what the expansion pack brings. Oh yeah, the Forza Era League is another thing which keeps me playing!

Community consensus:
Launch issues with [/URL]bullshit VIP bonuses and shitty lootboxes were quickly resolved, there are some very odd design decisions and omissions with features from past releases, overall a good but flawed package.

Buying in now?
There are three editions for this release — Standard, Deluxe and Ultimate, starting from the bare bones base game all the way up to the premium package. The Standard and Ultimate Editions are available digitally or at retail, with the mid-tier Deluxe Edition being exclusive to the digital space.

Community opinion :-
buy the base game for cheap and grab the car pass and VIP on sale if you must have all the cars, but basically get everything as cheap as possible.

Whats Improved?
With all the work on Xbox One X, PC and Dan's promises of a better looking game on the Xbox, did Turn 10 deliver a bigger, better experience than Forza 6?

whatsnew_HD.png

Dynamic image-based lighting
The advantage of having two teams developing on one engine is the sharing of tech, so Forza 7 borrows an implementation of the dynamic lighting from Horizon 3, allowing for gradual time of day transitions. The Nurburgring is the host circuit for demonstrating Dynamic lighting and weather technologies in the demo, where a grey, overcast day turns into a fierce thunderstorm, before subsiding into a clear skies sunset, the track illuminated by floodlights.

All of the tracks have some form of dynamic lighting if only transitioning from morning to evening.

Dynamic Weather
Forza 7 borrows from 6 in that only certain tracks have certain features, storms rush in causing downpours leading to the appearance of puddles and slippery tarmac, creating a changeable dry line. Cars may aquaplane when you least expect it. Falling air temperatures may cool the track down, affecting grip further.

These weather effects will persist even after the storm, with a drying line appearing as the back continues and track temperatures rise again.

The time / weather effects break down like so :-
  • 6 circuits (Day - Night - Weather)
  • 3 circuits (Day - Night)
  • 6 circuits (Day - Weather)
  • 17 circuits (Day only)
New Audio Modeling
Sound is crucial to an immersive driving experience and Forza has always had some excellent sound staging, so how does Forza 7 grab the attention of your ears

The music in the game (which you can customize with your own songs from OneDrive / Spotify!?) follows you as you navigate around the different environments, dynamically adjusting to them, for example jumping from the menus to the garage to start tuning a car, the music adjusts to sound like it's coming from a radio on the other side of the room. Hop into Forzavista mode, get in the car, and it will muffle. Jump over to the car selection menu, where your character is standing on a stage, and the music sounds like it's coming through stadium speakers.

The idea was to make it feel like the music was actually seated in the environment, continuing that philosophy players would need to hear and feel the explosive power of motorsport; For all 700 cars the instrumentation clusters are going to rattle, windshield wipers and mirrors vibrate – it's that feeling of the car at its peak. They've overhauled the audio for the driveline flex, so you can hear the car tearing itself apart. The end result is a game that sounds remarkably lifelike with all the different layers; the screaming engines, squealing tires, the rattling of the cockpit and the soundtrack mixing over each other.

Play anywhere!
Being a Play Anywhere game, your game progress, DLC (including add-ons, Season Passes, consumables and in-game unlocks), Gamerscore and Achievements are all saved on Xbox Live, so you can pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC.

Cross Play
Cross play is supported in Forza Motorsport 7 just like in Forza Horizon 3, but just like in Horizon Turn 10 can disable it in competitive modes.

E-Sports integration
Enhanced Leagues, Mixer integration, and enhanced spectating modes will be enabled soon™

Driver Customisations
The Driver Gear feature will see more than 300 different sets of attire, based on pop culture and racing throughout history. These will be unlocked through career progression and your tier, as detailed above. It's one of the many ways that Turn 10 are trying to make Forza Motorsport 7 a more personal game that is tailored around the player.
suits_clean.png

XBXenhancements_HD.png

4K Resolution and Textures
Hold onto your hats Boys and Girls, those data caps are getting blown on a Xbox One X, Digital Foundry found the Xbox One X footage to be comparable to the highest settings on the PC Demo.

Dynamic Cube Maps
Dynamic cube maps have six different 2-D images (textures), one for each side of a cube map texture, instead of just one like with static cube maps. What's interesting to note is that rendering dynamic cube maps automatically means rendering the scene six times for each frame, not counting the main frame render. As a result, this technique requires a lot of power, so sorry Xbox One and One S owners this ones not for you.

refreshed_HD.png

A real campaign?
The Forza Driver's Cup is broken down into six major championships; Seeker, Breakout, Evolution, Domination, Masters, and the Forza Masters Championship Cup each with their own varieties of cars and classes, each of these highlight the diverse race divisions of each of the cars in Forza Motorsport 7, and include events such as standard races, high-speed chases, endurance race showcases, historic moments in motorsport, formula pre-war cars, the rise of the supercar and GT race cars, and much more – as well as fun events like car bowling and autocross, along with the return of showcase events players are getting the most solo player targeted Forza ever.

Through the championships, players will earn Series Points in a "motorsport-inspired" points system that adds up your rewards after every race, allowing players to progress through the Championship, to unlock cars or customizations for your driver avatar, reinforcing the fact that in this game, your driver is spending more time out of the car. An interesting spin and important part of progressing (beyond just leveling up via XP you earn everywhere) is adding more cars to your collection, which will let players get more bonuses from each race, plus the Showcase cars that can only be obtained in the campaign mode.

But most importantly is that players can finally tweak race lengths to hopefully be able to avoid the older games sense of having to force your way to the front of the pack in the first few corners due to there not being enough laps to chase the breakaway pack.

Forza 7 has 32 track locations, but will also feature over 200 ribbons. That's 200 unique configurations to race on.

Over 700 cars (after car packs)
Take a look at the [/URL]full list, yes we have Porsche but we lost Toyota /s

Auction House
The Auction house returns, allowing users to sell car's and Liveries, it doesn't seem as active as previous versions, but that could just be my memory playing up.

Loyalty Rewards
For the launch of Forza Motorsport 7, Turn 10 are offering in-game bonus items based on each player's Forza Rewards Tier Level, including Prize Crates, Badges, and Driver Gear suits. Here's a detailed breakdown, plus a look at all of the awesome Forza-themed Forza Rewards suits that players can earn:
Code:
Tier    Driver Suit                    Badge               Cumulative Prize Crates
    2    Forza Motorsport 7         Tier 2 Badge                        1
    3    Forza Horizon 3            Tier 3 Badge                        2
    4    Forza Motorsport 6         Tier 4 Badge                        3
    5    Forza Horizon 2            Tier 5 Badge                        4
    6    Forza Motorsport 5         Tier 6 Badge                        5
    7    Forza Horizon              Tier 7 Badge                        6
    8    Forza Motorsport 4         Tier 8 Badge                        7
    9    Forza Motorsport 3         Tier 9 Badge                        8
   10    Forza Motorsport 2         Tier 10 Badge                       9
   11    Forza Motorsport           Tier 11 Badge                      10

Note that all rewards listed above are cumulative. So, if you are Tier 4 at the launch of Forza Motorsport 7, you will receive the Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3, and Forza Motorsport 6 driver suits, the Tiers 2-4 Badges, and 3 total Prize Crates. (Note that there are no Tier 12 rewards, as Tier 12 will not be possible to attain until the release of Forza Motorsport 7).

pcinfo_HD.png

System requirements
Specs.png

media_HD.png

McKane said:
McKane said:
McKane said:
McKane said:
McKane said:
McKane said:
Petran said:
Petran said:
LordAmused said:

This OT has been brought to you by

Zorbsie
Dude
Shortt Sirket
Noobcraft
And the number 7

Images created by
Zorbsie
McKane
Petran
LordAmused

Last edited:

RagingAvatar

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester
Is there an ERA Racing Community on Discord or anything? If so, can someone PM me an invite?

EDIT:
Also, might want to change all the references to RacingGAF in the OP.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the OT already. Are we going to have a separate photomode thread or should we just use this?

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Ah feels good to be back. The OT is still awesome!

Hopefully we see Leagues/Forzathon/AH/Enhanced spectating/adjudication system go live soon :)

Nick C

Oct 25, 2017
MT
Dropped off for a while, so I haven't been keeping up, but is there a patch coming anytime soon?

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Had a lot of fun with it but I stopped playing until they get their act together with the VIP 2x bonus. Unless of course that got patched in the last day or so.

Nick C

Oct 25, 2017
MT
Don't think so. But I'd assume the new patch would at least fix the memory leak when customizing (on PC) and have general optimization improvements but who knows with T10

Hoping they release an extensive patch. I really want to get back into it, but I've been holding off since I started getting random crashes. I'm also only able to run it at medium/1080/60 when my PC should be able to handle the game no problem.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Don't have 7 yet but I'm glad to see this here! Looking forward to jumping in a wee bit down the line.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Frontier, Zorbs, Shortt, and all you other guys - long time no speak! Have we got any championships going on at the moment? Finally got around to installing Forza 7 (was originally going to keep it for the Xbox One X launch) and I can't get over how much of a step up it is! Loving the touring cars right now. So, yeah, any competitive action going on?

OP
OP
Frontieruk

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
Its planned the disruption at gaf has given us a pause for thought about how we arrange and coordinate things especially as we have two platforms to cater for with the PC release

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to the endurance race. Made me miss training for our weekly races. Look forward for things to settle down and we get started again.

Yu Kigono

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, happy to be here. Still haven't snagged a copy of Forza 7. I'm good to go on any other Forza game though.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Just wondering, do we need to have an OT for older Forza games?

I know a lot of people still play FH3 a lot as well as FM6 etc. Probably unnecessary clutter but just a thought

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent a couple days with the TMX Pro. I started out really terrible, but I can tell I'm improving.

A wheel changes everything. I was already a Forza nut for many years as it was, this is going to make the addiction so much worse.

hamarr

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like a patch is out on PC (no XBOX yet) but fixes adds VIP 2X Credit bonus

Hope this goes live on the Xbox soon.

I have been enjoying 7 more than 6 so far other than some of the credit payout balancing.

I got my wheel out of storage the other day. I need to get used to using it again.

OP
OP
Frontieruk

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if they found the PC version introduced undetected errors so the Xbox one has been held up