• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best day for racing

• Saturday

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
By the way new featured Bounty Hunter is up:
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_11_10_17
One exclusive car if you beat Dan's time AND one prize car (2010 Audi TT RS Coupe) if you set ANY time on Laguna Seca in that challenge.
Beat Dan with his favorite car in his favorite track??
I'm so IN!!

Sorry for the double post.....
Has anyone managed to get any of the special lootcrate cars in a lootcrate?
what exactly do you mean "special lootcrate cars"?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the second one, I didn't even know there was a first one, what did I miss out on?
Everyone got a 2016 Camaro SS. Only a margin of people beat the time in that challenge and they got a Holden Torana FE.

Beat Dan with his favorite car in his favorite track??
I'm so IN!!

what exactly do you mean "special lootcrate cars"?

Last challenge was super tough, but that's because T10 invited a really good player and he kept improving his laptimes. But even if you fail to beat the time you still have one guaranteed free car.

Last edited:

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone got a 2016 Camaro SS. Only a margin of people beat the time in that challenge and they got a Holden Torana FE.

Last challenge was super tough, but that's because T10 invited a really good player and he kept improving his laptimes. But even if you fail to beat the time you still have one guaranteed free car.
yeah I know, but it wasn't "a good player", it was the fuckin' INDYCAR CHAMPION, Josef Newgarden

https://twitter.com/Team_Penske/status/926957177151152129

https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/status/917913535514075136

Cars that are only available from
  • Prize Crates
  • Specialty Dealer
  • Forzathon
Someone I was speaking too said there were a number of cars they were after that are like this, and spent loads on crates but nadda.
So, what you really mean is:

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE FORZATHON REWARD & SPECIALTY DEALER CARS, THROUGH BUYING CRATES BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED ON FORZATHON OR DEALER?

and the answer is NOPE!

but its strange how you keep phrasing your queries about game in an ugly light. any particular reason you do that? really curious...

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Alright alright, that's the sport where they drive in circles, right? ;p
I'm european too, but being a CHAMPION in anything, let alone in such a demanding and highly budgeted sport, is really extra-extra ordinary, so mucho props to him for being a real life champ, WHILE ALSO BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF FORZA COMMUNITY IN THEIR OWN GAME/CHALLENGE :D

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah I know, but it wasn't "a good player", it was the fuckin' INDYCAR CHAMPION, Josef Newgarden

https://twitter.com/Team_Penske/status/926957177151152129

https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/status/917913535514075136

So, what you really mean is:

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO GET ANY OF THE FORZATHON REWARD & SPECIALTY DEALER CARS, THROUGH BUYING CRATES BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED ON FORZATHON OR DEALER?

and the answer is NOPE!

but its strange how you keep phrasing your queries about game in an ugly light. any particular reason you do that? really curious...
That's not the question I asked, you're being overly combative, and taking things out of context, if you'd prefer me not to post here, I won't, no skin off my nose.

Anyway....

There are a number of cars, like the 13 Dodge Dart, Ford GT 351, and a load of other non FE cars, are we to assume that, even though the game states they could be available in crates, they are just going to be speciality dealer or Forzathon cars.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
what is out of context?
you are referring to "lootcrate cars", as if there are cars locked behind loot boxes.

I have no problem with anybody posting anywhere, especially you here :) , but I can;t understand the way you think. before, regarding how career works, now, how do locked cars work etc. all cases, things were/are not so bad as you painted them to be. that's why I ask.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Found out that if you save and share photos, the game will upload a 4k image to fm.net. Even if, like me, you have a 1080p tv hooked up to the 1X. Sadly the image is a jpg, but still 4k. :)

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
The only showcase I have left to do is the Sebring endurance one. I ran the Le Mans endurance showcase at long length (58 laps) and got enough credits for the Reventon.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's not the question I asked, you're being overly combative, and taking things out of context, if you'd prefer me not to post here, I won't, no skin off my nose.

Anyway....

There are a number of cars, like the 13 Dodge Dart, Ford GT 351, and a load of other non FE cars, are we to assume that, even though the game states they could be available in crates, they are just going to be speciality dealer or Forzathon cars.

I'm not touching this game again until there is a way to just buy all of the cars from the dealership at my own pace (maybe sooner if they fix the AI). To make it so that the only way to get certain cars (and it's actually quite a lot of cars) is through the speciality dealer or forzathons in an attempt to create artificial player retention (or tempt people towards lootcrates) is absolute bullshittery.

Theres a lot of good content in this game but you have to wade through a lot of shit to get to it. It's just not enjoyable for me nor is it worth the stress.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not touching this game again until there is a way to just buy all of the cars from the dealership at my own pace (maybe sooner if they fix the AI). To make it so that the only way to get certain cars (and it's actually quite a lot of cars) is through the speciality dealer or forzathons in an attempt to create artificial player retention (or tempt people towards lootcrates) is absolute bullshittery.

Theres a lot of good content in this game but you have to wade through a lot of shit to get to it. It's just not enjoyable for me nor is it worth the stress.

Yeah it's bullshit especially since they've hidden some very useful cars and cars that you could freely buy in previous FM games.

By the way the bounty challenge time is 1:42:0 so it should be much easier unless Dan tries to improve his time. ;)

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
By the way the bounty challenge time is 1:42:0 so it should be much easier unless Dan tries to improve his time. ;)
He will be improving, event will run for some time. I think his laptime I passed yesterday (from standing start) is the most intrductory, full assists on, "follow me" type lap time.
Expect improvements :)

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I don't mind the locked cars or the artificial retention strategy.

Not everyone wants to race purely for the laps. We like a reward and a challenge to play to earn it.

P cars starts to bore the hell out of me after a bit because there is no car reward.

Forzathons , and special dealer are fine and I don't use mods or Buy crates but I enjoy getting rewards to earn new, otherwise unattainable cars .

And if I don't feel like that. Eventually they will all be on the AH anyway.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I am finding it enjoyable, I approached the Polaris championship with some trepidation, pretty sure I have read some ire about that particular car / event, I actually really enjoyed it, loved chucking that little thing around, buzzing around those tight tracks.

Since I've just stuck it on unbeatable (which is far from unbeatable, but that's a different story), and long, and just enjoyed the racing without trying to push to the front ASAP.

As for the locked cars, there are quite a few I'd like, the game states they are lock for prize crates, specialty dealer and forzathons, so I am too assume that all of them will become available through those avenues at some point, my original question was, as the game states that these CAN come through prize crates, has anyone actually got any through that avenue, quite why Petran took that as such as slight on the game is beyond me, it was just a question.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am finding it enjoyable, I approached the Polaris championship with some trepidation, pretty sure I have read some ire about that particular car / event, I actually really enjoyed it, loved chucking that little thing around, buzzing around those tight tracks.

Since I've just stuck it on unbeatable (which is far from unbeatable, but that's a different story), and long, and just enjoyed the racing without trying to push to the front ASAP.

As for the locked cars, there are quite a few I'd like, the game states they are lock for prize crates, specialty dealer and forzathons, so I am too assume that all of them will become available through those avenues at some point, my original question was, as the game states that these CAN come through prize crates, has anyone actually got any through that avenue, quite why Petran took that as such as slight on the game is beyond me, it was just a question.

I don't think enough people are buying the loot crates to know this for sure.

The chances of getting a car you want from one are so slim anyway considering the size of the pool along with the fact that we have no idea what the chance percentages are for each car.

It just rubs me the wrong way when they publish this huge list of cars before the game releases saying "look at all these cars in the game this time" when you can't even purchase a large proportion of them.

Like I should be able to just jump into this game when I feel like it and take the Mustang 350R for a spin like I could in Forza 6 but no, apparently that's too easy and would make too much sense. Pair that along with the collector tier system and it killed the game for me pretty early on.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
1. I don't think enough people are buying the loot crates to know this for sure.

The chances of getting a car you want from one are so slim anyway considering the size of the pool along with the fact that we have no idea what the chance percentages are for each car.

2. It just rubs me the wrong way when they publish this huge list of cars before the game releases saying "look at all these cars in the game this time" when you can't even purchase a large proportion of them.

Like I should be able to just jump into this game when I feel like it and take the Mustang 350R for a spin like I could in Forza 6 but no, apparently that's too easy and would make too much sense. Pair that along with the collector tier system and it killed the game for me pretty early on.

1. how much in-game money you feel should be spent on crates before you can deduct that currently locked cars do not exist in loot crates?
after a point, this convo gets ridiculous.

2. plus, you still can take the 350R for a spin, or in fact whichever car you like, be it any car you don't own or even any car that is presently locked and can not be owned.
I guess you prefer complaining about stuff that do not exist to playing the game?

anyways,
online lobbies got a refresh, there is an S class hopper, and previous A class is now a vintage A700 class , pre-1980 cars only.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. how much in-game money you feel should be spent on crates before you can deduct that currently locked cars do not exist in loot crates?
after a point, this convo gets ridiculous.

2. plus, you still can take the 350R for a spin, or in fact whichever car you like, be it any car you don't own or even any car that is presently locked and can not be owned.
I guess you prefer complaining about stuff that do not exist to playing the game?

anyways,
online lobbies got a refresh, there is an S class hopper, and previous A class is now a vintage A700 class , pre-1980 cars only.

Are you actually kidding me? So the loan car system is what you're presenting as a "solution"? You're going full Ian Bell here... "just play the game instead of complaining about the things that are preventing you from enjoying the game". Nah, I'm good thanks, I'd rather play stuff I actually enjoy.

Give me a break.

I'll wait until all the cars I want are widely available on the auction house then I'll play the game as I please thank you very much.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there are an easy way to track the current laptime to beat in the Bounty Challenge? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't visit the Rivals mode at all. :)

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Is there are an easy way to track the current laptime to beat in the Bounty Challenge? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't visit the Rivals mode at all. :)

follow Nebuchadnezzar

Are you actually kidding me? So the loan car system is what you're presenting as a "solution"? You're going full Ian Bell here... "just play the game instead of complaining about the things that are preventing you from enjoying the game". Nah, I'm good thanks, I'd rather play stuff I actually enjoy.

Give me a break.

I'll wait until all the cars I want are widely available on the auction house then I'll play the game as I please thank you very much.
you can do as you please as long as you stop writing nonsense in this topic?

the fact that you can just pick any car and race it in any track with any rules you set is an answer to what you complained about. here let me quote you:

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

follow Nebuchadnezzar

you can do as you please as long as you stop writing nonsense in this topic?

the fact that you can just pick any car and race it in any track with any rules you set is an answer to what you complained about. here let me quote you:

Stating my opinion on something is nonsense?

So the fact that you can't buy any car you want and do what you want with said car in this game is nonsense? The discussion around whether certain cars may or may not be in the lootboxes is nonsense?

I can't even be arsed, I'm using the ignore feature on this forum, fuck it. Life is too short. You want an echochamber? You can have it.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
stating nonsense is nonsense.

and about your lootbox worries, I asked you how many lootboxes you think should be opened before you can conclude that no locked car is in there, and you didnt reply.
its not like you want to converse, you just want to nag

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this title, but the game is stingy on credits (I'm on the third cup and VIP).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stating nonsense is nonsense.

and about your lootbox worries, I asked you how many lootboxes you think should be opened before you can conclude that no locked car is in there, and you didnt reply.
its not like you want to converse, you just want to nag
Are you saying that the lootcrates have none of those locked cars you see on the collection screen?, you know the ones that say can be unlocked by prizecrates, specialtly dealer and forzathons?, are they lying when they say that they can be unlocked in prizecrates?

How many should be opened?, who knows, especially while they keep drop rates secret.

Really enjoying this title, but the game is stingy on credits (I'm on the third cup and VIP).

Long races on unbeatable AI can rake in a fair bit, with decent mods I can get 200-300k a race.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the game really encourages you to do long races and to combine them with mods (even the ones from the basic 20k loot crate). If you follow these "rules" you can get a good paycheck from every (15-20 minute) race. The downside to that is that it's going to take you A LOT of time to get through all the cups.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Are you saying that the lootcrates have none of those locked cars you see on the collection screen?, you know the ones that say can be unlocked by prizecrates, specialtly dealer and forzathons?, are they lying when they say that they can be unlocked in prizecrates?

How many should be opened?, who knows, especially while they keep drop rates secret.
that's why I asked you why you thought that way, was it the description inside the game that is misleading? something else?

ok, lets talk examples then.
I have spent much more than 10 mil on loot crates. and this was not to get cars as I have more than 800 cars, but to get those fancy driver suits, then nationalities, then brands, etc. and even after that I spent some more to see what the endgame lootbox currently is (I say currently because they might be changing it in the future, its already stagnant for me).
In fact I just went in before typing this and spent another ~2mill purchasing some of those "mega mystery" most expensive loot boxes, just to be sure nothing's changed.

If there are locked cars inside lootboxes, chances are that I would have received at least one :) instead, I only get duplicates of cars I already have. (I have all cars but locked cars)
There are curently ~60 models and ~20 forza edition cars with a lock, 5-10-15-20mil should at least net me one of those if they were available in crates.
Otherwise, we are simply talking about the dumbest, most inefficient, cheating system ever devised to unlock locked cars, right? :D

But given how comparatively "easily" the game makes available these locked cars (do a forzathon, or buy from vendor in the week they are available), one can probably understand that its not the most devious lootcrate system ever devised, its just that locked cars do not debut inside lootcrates.
You can get rare, ultra rare, legendary cars, but not cars that are still locked on car collector screen. At least thats what I've been seeing.
Of course I am not turn10, nor had I a developer say this to my ear. Just by playing the game, you figure out how it works.

There are things that need attention in forza 7, but imo lootcrates and locked cars are neither worth the attention they got.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
So in your opinion it's safe to say that the screen where it says you can is lying.
yes, in my opinion as a lvl 550+ driver, lvl 41 car collector, 810 car garage guy who spent 15-20mil on lootcrates, locked cars do not debut in crates.

but here is your catch: after a special car debuts in specialty dealer, like for example the reventon right now or the mclaren previous week,
car is still not available to simply buy from the buy car menu.
Whether it enters the lootbox shuffle after that point or not, its something I have not done as extensive tests on.
But if it entered lootbox after debut, then a) it would make sense, right? and b) nobody would be lying to you.

edit
I looked at the screen you say. under each of those ~80 locked cars, there is the same description:
"exclusive car obtainble through prize crates, specialty dealer, forzathon, drivers cup, showcase events"
what about them two last things? I mean, its not hard to finish the driver cup or the showcases.
if you take what its written there to the letter, just by finishing cup or showcase all cars should be unlocked, and thats not the case, is it?
Therefore I think that the text you are referring to is just a generic text, basically saying you can;t just buy these cars, you need to earn them in one of these ways.
And seeing how for example the skyline lemans was locked, then first week at specialty dealer, and this week a forzathon prize, these ways to obtain the special cars might have a rotation too

Last edited:

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Long races on unbeatable AI can rake in a fair bit, with decent mods I can get 200-300k a race.

Well the game really encourages you to do long races and to combine them with mods (even the ones from the basic 20k loot crate). If you follow these "rules" you can get a good paycheck from every (15-20 minute) race. The downside to that is that it's going to take you A LOT of time to get through all the cups.

Ive done a 50 lap nurburgring race and get tier 11 Forza rewards. Still constantly broke.

That's unfortunate, fellas. Previous titles just threw money at us. That said, I didn't know that changing the setting to make it a long race increases the credits.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
That's unfortunate, fellas. Previous titles just threw money at us. That said, I didn't know that changing the setting to make it a long race increases the credits.
ok, but having a look at my forza 5 and forza 6 games, I see I have maxed out both of them (999.999.999cr) so maybe its not so bad that they try to shift a little bit the way they "threw" credits at us.
the rate previous games were giving credits pretty soon made the credits redundant, no?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok, but having a look at my forza 5 and forza 6 games, I see I have maxed out both of them (999.999.999cr) so maybe its not so bad that they try to shift a little bit the way they "threw" credits at us.
the rate previous games were giving credits pretty soon made the credits redundant, no?

No, I liked having lots of dough to play with. It's not fun being constrained.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So at best, generic copy and pasted text, at worse purposely misleading to push people into getting crates.

Hopefully the 2015 GT 351 will come soon, it's one of the many cars I'd like, I certainly won't waste credits on crates if you've not managed to snag one in all of those crates!

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
No, I liked having lots of dough to play with. It's not fun being constrained.
I admit I am not the typical player, but the only way you can feel constrained is right at the beginning when you see all that stuff and you start with zero.
it will be interesting to see how this plays out for many more people though.

So at best, generic copy and pasted text, at worse purposely misleading to push people into getting crates.

Hopefully the 2015 GT 351 will come soon, it's one of the many cars I'd like, I certainly won't waste credits on crates if you've not managed to snag one in all of those crates!
its the same text for all cars with a lock. if it was purposely misleading, why then also say drivers cup and showcase events?
crates do still give out rare, ultra rare and legendary cars.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
I admit I am not the typical player, but the only way you can feel constrained is right at the beginning when you see all that stuff and you start with zero.
it will be interesting to see how this plays out for many more people though.

I'm constantly around a million credits which isn't much. Level up reward cars often cost that, so I have like a dozen rewards I had to save because I couldn't afford them.

I skipped VIP and haven't bothered with mod cards really.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I'm constantly around a million credits which isn't much. Level up reward cars often cost that, so I have like a dozen rewards I had to save because I couldn't afford them.
if cash reward is 50k at your level, get the cash until you need a car offered.
I dont remember at what level, but after a point you get 50k per level up, or -400.000cr on car offered, so have that in mind.
Plus, rewards (cars&gear) after a point rotate, so a car you are offered now on a discount, chances are at one point you will be offered again.
If I was collecting cars now, I would also look for good auctions. cars raise your collector level, collector level raises (I think?) the rewards level, so...

RawNuts

Nov 13, 2017
Finally bothered to sign up to this board, been really busy recently.

So, hello again to everyone! Good to see Petran here as well.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got through the rewards of super expensive cars. Now all my level up cars are totally free. It's been really good on my wallet. Have built up 4M in credits while still buying a few expensive loot crates here and there. I feel like now is the time to build my bank roll :)

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Game crashed on lap 52 of 69 on the spa showdown. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Finally bothered to sign up to this board, been really busy recently.

So, hello again to everyone! Good to see Petran here as well.
Hope you are busy for all good reasons
I was always with you guys in spirit ;)

Game crashed on lap 52 of 69 on the spa showdown. Ain't nobody got time for that.
game had crashed on me a few times on xbone. hasn't crashed yet on scorpio, but I'm pretty certain that its still a few patches away from perfection.
there could be other stuff need bugfixing too, like sometimes if I fiddled around too much in the multiplayer lobby screen, changing sorting of cars or browsing other players, the race could start and it would leave me there on the menu.
this hasn;t happened on scorpio not even once though, but it did happen on my xbone.

I think -as much as I like xbox play anywhere- that in the future they could do the releases in a staged manner.

its a pity game crashed on you on lap 52, but you know you can cheese your way out of any obligatory event you dont want to (re)play right now, right?
just put the difficulty slider to far-far left, hold right trigger depressed with a zip tie or whatever you have handy, and go for a walk or something ;p

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Already back in bro. Lap 33. If this crashes again I'm uninstalling and refunding the game lol.

I'm playing career on long Option but for this I'm using extra long for the achievement.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
yes, in my opinion as a lvl 550+ driver, lvl 41 car collector, 810 car garage guy who spent 15-20mil on lootcrates, locked cars do not debut in crates.

but here is your catch: after a special car debuts in specialty dealer, like for example the reventon right now or the mclaren previous week,
car is still not available to simply buy from the buy car menu.
Whether it enters the lootbox shuffle after that point or not, its something I have not done as extensive tests on.
But if it entered lootbox after debut, then a) it would make sense, right? and b) nobody would be lying to you.

edit
I looked at the screen you say. under each of those ~80 locked cars, there is the same description:
"exclusive car obtainble through prize crates, specialty dealer, forzathon, drivers cup, showcase events"
what about them two last things? I mean, its not hard to finish the driver cup or the showcases.
if you take what its written there to the letter, just by finishing cup or showcase all cars should be unlocked, and thats not the case, is it?
Therefore I think that the text you are referring to is just a generic text, basically saying you can;t just buy these cars, you need to earn them in one of these ways.
And seeing how for example the skyline lemans was locked, then first week at specialty dealer, and this week a forzathon prize, these ways to obtain the special cars might have a rotation too
Yes this make sense

Not having in race saves is ridiculous. See F1 2017 for how to do it right

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to turn off getting upgraded cars? I like getting stock versions and upgrading myself. I know you can choose when you get a car to install stock parts, do I have to do that each time?

Just picked up the game last night, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the Forzathon, I may even like the F7 implementation more than the FH3 although the multi-stage and not recognizing completions sometimes is a bit annoying. I'm pretty much only going to play FM7 from here on out to finish Forzathons though, not much interest in the main campaign or multiplayer. I do hope they keep each Forzathon at 2 weeks, 3 day weekends is way, way, way too short.

FM7 is going to be $39.99 apparently at the microsoft store (physical) and xbox.com (digital), its a cross play title so buying digital will get you Win10 and Xbox One licenses just like FH3. Physical copy will also be $35 at Best Buy I believe. I currently own physical but will probably trade in and buy digital at $40, it'll be nice to play on either PC or X.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
Enjoying the Forzathon, I may even like the F7 implementation more than the FH3 although the multi-stage and not recognizing completions sometimes is a bit annoying. I'm pretty much only going to play FM7 from here on out to finish Forzathons though, not much interest in the main campaign or multiplayer. I do hope they keep each Forzathon at 2 weeks, 3 day weekends is way, way, way too short.

I'm enjoying forzathons more then the campaign too. I'm only getting in about 2-4 races a week, (I'm only at the 4th cup had the game at launch.) I'm not sure what it is that make the campaign so boring, maybe I should be doing longer races? Forzathon just seems like a better carrot.