• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best day for racing

• Saturday

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I am going to post this here since there isn't an OT for Forza horizon 3 on this site. Apologies if that isn't allowed.

I recently started playing horizon 3 (and man it runs so much better on my pc than a year ago! Props for microsoft for fixing it), and enjoying it a lot, however one gripe I have with other racing games again is present here: the game trows a drifting challenge at you but doesn't provide ANY guidance at all about how to effectively drift. There are a lot of assists for the racing, but none for drifting challenges. There isn't even a small video or something to explain how to do it correctly. As a result, I now have failed this "easy" challenge to get 25 drifts about 10 times. So guys, how do I not suck ass at drifting?

Shortt Sirket

Oct 26, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Enjoying the Forzathon, I may even like the F7 implementation more than the FH3 although the multi-stage and not recognizing completions sometimes is a bit annoying. I'm pretty much only going to play FM7 from here on out to finish Forzathons though, not much interest in the main campaign or multiplayer. I do hope they keep each Forzathon at 2 weeks, 3 day weekends is way, way, way too short.

FM7 is going to be $39.99 apparently at the microsoft store (physical) and xbox.com (digital), its a cross play title so buying digital will get you Win10 and Xbox One licenses just like FH3. Physical copy will also be $35 at Best Buy I believe. I currently own physical but will probably trade in and buy digital at $40, it'll be nice to play on either PC or X.

Just replying to say I love your name/avatar. I fuckin love Stephenson.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Ok, I am going to post this here since there isn't an OT for Forza horizon 3 on this site. Apologies if that isn't allowed.

I recently started playing horizon 3 (and man it runs so much better on my pc than a year ago! Props for microsoft for fixing it), and enjoying it a lot, however one gripe I have with other racing games again is present here: the game trows a drifting challenge at you but doesn't provide ANY guidance at all about how to effectively drift. There are a lot of assists for the racing, but none for drifting challenges. There isn't even a small video or something to explain how to do it correctly. As a result, I now have failed this "easy" challenge to get 25 drifts about 10 times. So guys, how do I not suck ass at drifting?

The best drift car is the 1974 Toyota Celica GT with Don Joewon Song tune 230+MPH C-Class.

I had managed to get about three 3 stars drift zones a few 2 star and most 1 stars, but over two nights about two hours each night I got 3 stars on each drift zones.

Try that car with that tune on the Drift Challenge just outside the Desert festival location, It is a monster, but it will help you get better at holding a car around and through corners, once you can get the 'feel' then you can do it with every car on any track and surface, you don't need to become a drift-king, but it really does help a lot.

The Don Joewon Song video here with the Toyota

Watch some other videos of Don Joewon Song and see how he drifts, it maybe worth a few hours just in the Toyota and learning how to drift just that car and once yo have the hang of it any car will become easier to drift.

It may help to have the Stability and Traction controls set to OFF, I am not 100% sure what I have mine set to, I will have a look tomorrow, the main thing is to not fly in at 200mph you still need to slow down and also learn to feather the throttle.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheaper (but cool) cars this week at the specialty dealer (copied from Reddit):

2005 Subaru Legacy B5 2.0 GT - Collector rank 1, 50 points to 55, 32,775 Cr

2005 TVR Sagaris - Collector rank 4, 380 points to 418, 241,500 Cr

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia - Collector rank 4, 550 points to 605, 350,750 Cr

By the way it blows my mind you can't buy a Ferrari Italia or a Lamborghini Aventador from the normal dealership in this game and instead you have to wait for special offers. They should never hide the most popular and recognizable modern supercars like that.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
By the way it blows my mind you can't buy a Ferrari Italia or a Lamborghini Aventador from the normal dealership in this game and instead you have to wait for special offers. They should never hide the most popular and recognizable modern supercars like that.
maybe that's because both these cars include a "specialty", they both have their liberty walk widebody special editions

95cce1cd-2328-4b3b-9ae1u5n.png

fdf5d911-3d68-4dc5-a7d9ueh.png

Last edited:

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
This reminds me how much stuff you miss out on in the career mode when you're dealing with homologated cars.
Homologation in career, with this variety of cars is great.
Why you say "you miss"? Even in homologated races, you still have the ability to tune\upgrade your car as long as it keeps homolog. rules.

I have both cars running on S800 lobbies right now, but I just tuned a homologated liberty walk 458 Italia for you. Its about what I use in s800 lobbies minus a couple of turbos.
Should be able to use on homologated career races, download the tune to try

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Forza Horizon 3 (Starts in 2 days)

#Forzathon Harvest Time:
Perform 30 Landscaping Skills to win the Porsche 944 Turbo

#Forzathon Gather & Feast:
Complete a Co-Op Race in Vans and Utility to receive 90,000 CR

#Forzathon Fly to the Table:
Perform 20 Air Skills in a GT Car to win the Bentley Cont. Supersports

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 3 (Starts in 2 days)

#Forzathon Harvest Time:
Perform 30 Landscaping Skills to win the Porsche 944 Turbo

#Forzathon Gather & Feast:
Complete a Co-Op Race in Vans and Utility to receive 90,000 CR

#Forzathon Fly to the Table:
Perform 20 Air Skills in a GT Car to win the Bentley Cont. Supersports

If anyone need a partner for the coop race just hit me up gang.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
The passing showcase event is literally the worst thing for the Nissan LMP car. I've been using it in the prototype series and it's way better than that earlier impression while unlocking it.

It has worse handling in corners than the other lmp1 cars as it's FWD, but it has way more speed on the straights.

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017

You can buy the Aventador SV and the 458 Speciale though. But yes I agree, locked cars is a mistake, I'm still waiting for the GT3RS 2016...

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The passing showcase event is literally the worst thing for the Nissan LMP car. I've been using it in the prototype series and it's way better than that earlier impression while unlocking it.

It has worse handling in corners than the other lmp1 cars as it's FWD, but it has way more speed on the straights.
Technically, it's awd, it's just Forza doesn't simulate the systems properly.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
I've been really digging into this since I've got the X. Enjoying my time with it. I feel like they have finally nailed the grip level for certain car classes for me. Like the GT and LMP cars have an appropriate amount of grip where I say: Yeah this is how I expect a car like this to drive like in real life.

Really appreciate the race distance option in career which makes it much more enjoyable for me. Been using the long option mostly while switching to extra long whenever I really like a certain car class and track combination.

As a VIP and using the long option with some decent mods I get like 200-250k credits per 15 minute race which definitively feels like a good amount of credits. I certainly don't have any money problems and feel like this is better than 5 and 6 where they showered you in money.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You can buy the Aventador SV and the 458 Speciale though. But yes I agree, locked cars is a mistake, I'm still waiting for the GT3RS 2016...

The specialty dealer cars could end up as a reward for the #Forzathon like the current one?

Really appreciate the race distance option in career which makes it much more enjoyable for me. Been using the long option mostly while switching to extra long whenever I really like a certain car class and track combination.

As a VIP and using the long option with some decent mods I get like 200-250k credits per 15 minute race which definitively feels like a good amount of credits. I certainly don't have any money problems and feel like this is better than 5 and 6 where they showered you in money.

I have been doing the longer races and yes I am getting about 150-200k per race as well, it just means that I can buy each reward car on the leveling up, money is no issue now really.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Like honestly the race length option does so much for my enjoyment of the career. No longer do I have to race dirty and totally cannonball it through the first couple turns to get to first place on Unbeatable. sogood.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Technically, it's awd, it's just Forza doesn't simulate the systems properly.

Not to be pedantic, but you are both right; as it was intended to run, the LM NISMO would have been FWD under most circumstances, and momentarily AWD when the stored electric energy was deployed. Given that the hybrid system never worked at Le Mans in '15, though, the car only ever drove as a front-wheeler.

So, the car in Forza kind of functions as it did in reality, albeit unintentionally, because as you noted, the game doesn't simulate hybrid powertrains.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the most expensive box and got 4 fucking suits. Feel like I've been had =/

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
....soooo, uh, anyone here actually prefer Forza 6's aesthetic more to this?
I mean, I've only played the demo and am still deciding whether not to pick F7 up in the future, but yeah....

AristoCat

Oct 27, 2017
The specialty dealer cars could end up as a reward for the #Forzathon like the current one?

I have been doing the longer races and yes I am getting about 150-200k per race as well, it just means that I can buy each reward car on the leveling up, money is no issue now really.

Yep they could end up on forzathon but that still doesn't tell me when I will be able to get my GT3RS ... That suck, can't use one of my favorite car...

For the reward yep I also get 180-200K per race, and that's not enough right now, the game only offers me cars that cost more than 1million. So even with the 400k discount I have to stock on the reward sometimes.

I'm lvl 310, and 32 collector, and I think I should take a break from the game, I'm bored a bit.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
20k packs are better imo. You still easily can get a 90-100% bonus if you combine 3 mods for a race and you don't get ridiculous ones like make 4 perfect passes in a race or finish 100 meters ahead.

Are you doing long races on unbeatable? I'm doing long races on expert and feel the "finish 100m ahead" ones are easy to get. I think I should bump up the diff lol.

Recently got back into it and am enjoying it, so he forzathon challenges are on the easy side, but understandably so as it's the first set of challenges.

I still need to do the Spa endurance on Extra Long but cannot muster up the willpower to do so, even though it will solve my low bank balance issues.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Yep they could end up on forzathon but that still doesn't tell me when I will be able to get my GT3RS ... That suck, can't use one of my favorite car...

For the reward yep I also get 180-200K per race, and that's not enough right now, the game only offers me cars that cost more than 1million. So even with the 400k discount I have to stock on the reward sometimes.

I'm lvl 310, and 32 collector, and I think I should take a break from the game, I'm bored a bit.
dont buy the cars offered on level up, get the cash prize instead and buy cars the order you want, when you want.
cars offered on level up are on rotation, they are not unlimited.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you doing long races on unbeatable? I'm doing long races on expert and feel the "finish 100m ahead" ones are easy to get. I think I should bump up the diff lol.

Recently got back into it and am enjoying it, so he forzathon challenges are on the easy side, but understandably so as it's the first set of challenges.

I still need to do the Spa endurance on Extra Long but cannot muster up the willpower to do so, even though it will solve my low bank balance issues.
I'm playing mostly long races and mostly on pro (+80%), but it all depends on the track really. On some tracks I can have a comfortable win on pro, on others I struggle to win even on expert. This mod for me is too much of a wild card. I can have a good 90% of the race and then mess up at the end or have the AI improve due to weather changing and not get any bonus. Same with the perfect passes/corners. Too much of a risk of not getting any bonus without having to restart the race or use the rewind. I just sell these mods to cover my losses (which aren't huge if the entire pack costs only 20k).

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol the game (and the replays) became more enjoyable when I disabled drivatar liveries in the options. I felt like it was just downloading the featured ones and not actually checking which liveries certain people were using. The only problem now is that it doesn't switch between different manufacturer paintjobs, but I can live with that. :)

Gears racing suits coming to Forza 7. They look fantastic. I wish they bring some Halo driver suits later on. Maybe with the release of Halo 6?

I expected something crazy when I was clicking on that link, but they actually look nice. :) Will try the rivals events later (you can set any time on them?).

Last edited:

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Gears racing suits coming to Forza 7. They look fantastic. I wish they bring some Halo driver suits later on. Maybe with the release of Halo 6?

You should just get this for free if you already have the game like you got the Halo Jeep if you had Halo in Forza Horizon 3

How much longer do the current Forzathons go til?

In Forza Horizon 3 the last one is listed to start in 69 days from now.
In Forza 7 I would think they would go on for at least as long as they have in Forza Horizon 3.

Oct 28, 2017
I said it a page back or so but make sure you are buying the $50k Mod crates and selling anything that isn't at least 60/70% credit boost or an XP boost. Using those well will make sure you always get your money back. I don't think I have had a race yet where I had less than $200% credits and like 1500XP bonuses.

I realize this is from over a week ago, but I wanted a bit of clarification. Do you do this even on normal career races? Or only on longer ones you set up yourself?

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Stop improving your time on the bounty hunter rival challenge Fozzie kay? I'll keep going back to it to beat it every time you do. Thanks :)

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still struggling to enjoy this due to the homologation system.
I mean a lot of cars are at the top limit of Pi so you cant even upgrade suspension and gearbox to be able to tune the car at all.

Feels more like an arcade racer where you just pick a car and race it.

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
I just wanted to say that I've been really enjoying your tunes Petran. You are my favorite Greek :)

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I want a Medium race length option. Standard is too damn short and long is too damn long for me. There is space there for a medium setting IMO. I don't want to spend 20ish minutes on a single race as my progression feels too slow. While Standard is too short and you have to do the 2-3 lap sprint race. Basically cut the difference in Standard and Long race lengths to create a new Medium option for races that should last 10-12ish minutes.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Long races are 15ish minutes.
That depends on the cup and on the vehicle class, they're mostly 15-20 minutes later on (more than 20 if you choose slow cars for the open class championships). There should be a slider imo so you can set the length more precisely (if you want to).

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I often find myself wishing there was an option in between normal and long, normal is way too short, especially if you're playing on unbeatable, long is a just a bit too long with the Forza AI.

Also, anyone else noticed a slight bit of dynamism to the AI?, a range of difficulties within a certain AI level that alters per race depending on how you are doing in the races.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
That depends on the cup and on the vehicle class, they're mostly 15-20 minutes later on (more than 20 if you choose slow cars for the open class championships). There should be a slider imo so you can set the length more precisely (if you want to).

This is where I'm at, for the slower cars the Long races feel like a slog. I do like the slider idea a lot, that would be great.