• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best day for racing

• Saturday

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who wants to get this as a gift or whatever, Best Buy's Black Friday sales list it at $35, regular edition disc. Elite should get access 2-3 days early, and it may continue on for cyber monday. I'm hoping to get it around that price digitally, I traded my copy of the game last week but wouldn't mind checking it out to see how it runs on the X and compare it to my PC version.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I unlocked the bonus events in single player. I know that there's an endurance race on the full Nubrugring that's 16 laps long on extra long length. How much credits can I get out of that one on medium drivatar difficulty>

spuck

Oct 28, 2017
London
What achievement is that, by name please.

I'm working my way through the Elite championships and I'm not stressing to first place everything. I've unlocked the Seeker & Breakout Elite achievements without problem.
Worst this so far has been completing the Endurance showcase races, I'm really not a fan.

I presume it's the "... Elite Champion" achievements (e.g. "Seeker Elite Champion", "Breakout Elite Champion", etc). Just 'winning' the championship by doing the bare minimum only gives you the "... Champion" achievements (e.g. "Seeker Champion"). The description for these extra achievements reads "Fully Complete the Seeker [or whichever else] Championship", implying that you must win every event.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I presume it's the "... Elite Champion" achievements (e.g. "Seeker Elite Champion", "Breakout Elite Champion", etc). Just 'winning' the championship by doing the bare minimum only gives you the "... Champion" achievements (e.g. "Seeker Champion"). The description for these extra achievements reads "Fully Complete the Seeker [or whichever else] Championship", implying that you must win every event.
you must win the championship
not every race
I think

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you must win the championship
not every race
I think
You may be right, in which case I can stop concerning myself about the blue ticks.

Apparently the achievement unlocks once you hit the Elite championship points requirement, i.e. 8500 championship points for the seeker championship.

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Drivers Cup Elite Champion achievement says Fully Complete The Forza Drivers Cup Championship which is open to interpretation :/

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
To win the Elite you have to hit the points target and complete (but not win) each event. Then you win the car. I've done this on all the championships that don't feature an endurance event. Done one endurance. So still have a couple of endurance events to clear the board. Haven't gone for the ticks though.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To win the Elite you have to hit the points target and complete (but not win) each event. Then you win the car. I've done this on all the championships that don't feature an endurance event. Done one endurance. So still have a couple of endurance events to clear the board. Haven't gone for the ticks though.
So you don't even need to come first in the points for each championship?, as long as you finish each event and hit 8500pts you will fully complete that section of the career?

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
So you don't even need to come first in the points for each championship?, as long as you finish each event and hit 8500pts you will fully complete that section of the career?

Yes. Doesn't matter where you finish, whether you win any of the leagues. You just have to have driven them and hit the points target. And then you get the suit and car.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Already ERA is finding things out Old Forum can't do.

So can I start coming in 2nd in Races now?

Also, still don't approve of different points for each race in the Championship.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
You certainly get enough points to not have to come anywhere near winning each event to win the Elite versions. So just play, have fun, finish middle of the pack, it doesn't matter.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You certainly get enough points to not have to come anywhere near winning each event to win the Elite versions. So just play, have fun, finish middle of the pack, it doesn't matter.

So I've been playing it all wrong, I'm sure I read, probably over on the other side, that to "fully" finish the career stages you needed to come first in every race, oh well, at least I haven't done that much of the career the wrong way!

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing it all wrong, I'm sure I read, probably over on the other side, that to "fully" finish the career stages you needed to come first in every race, oh well, at least I haven't done that much of the career the wrong way!
Well you could be like me and spend 107 hours already playing the career mode the wrong way. ;p But yeah, I guess I won't change my attitude that much, I just won't waste time on repeating races where I could finish second or third.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
You may be right, in which case I can stop concerning myself about the blue ticks.

Apparently the achievement unlocks once you hit the Elite championship points requirement, i.e. 8500 championship points for the seeker championship.
Blue ticks are for when you have come first in each and every race of a championship event, yes.
But blue ticks have nothing to do with the two sets of achievements regarding championships

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well you could be like me and spend 107 hours already playing the career mode the wrong way. ;p But yeah, I guess I won't change my attitude that much, I just won't waste time on repeating races where I could finish second or third.

I've probably done half that in terms of hours played.

Blue ticks are for when you have come first in each and every race of a championship event, yes.
But blue ticks have nothing to do with the two sets of achievements regarding championships

Yeah, I know that now!

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends if you prefer and open world, or a track based racer really, both games have decent enough single player parts

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should also check out the first Project CARS game if you haven't already. The career mode in that game has some flaws (like having to manually skip invitational events you're not interested in), but it's still great and allows to spend more time with proper racing cars than Forza.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should also check out the first Project CARS game if you haven't already. The career mode in that game has some flaws (like having to manually skip invitational events you're not interested in), but it's still great and allows to spend more time with proper racing cars than Forza.
If you've got a wheel, definitely, but it's still a bit of a basket case on controller.

Oct 30, 2017
I was considering that later down the line
You have to bear in mind I've never owned an Xbox though

So not only do I have the trouble of deciding which Forza to buy
I've got an entire 2 generations of Xbox content to catch up with !

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Forza 6 and Horizon 2 bundle on sale this week for $45. That would be a pretty good starting point, best of both worlds.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Finally got this after I got a bunch of best buy certs plus GCU brought the price down to $25. Stunningly beautiful on the One X downsampled, I'm so exited that I'll have my 4k tv soon to see what else I'm missing. I gotta say its really weird to be locked out of cars in this game even though I have almost a million credits thanks to forza rewards. Guess I could just buy a bunch to move up tiers? What is usually recommended? I'm kind of lost with a Forza game for the first time ever.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
This game might have the worst menu music in the history of video games.

I really like it. Quite like the band jamming, and spotting the famous songs they've riffed from at certain points.

The original Forza game had an instrumental soundtrack that was obviously based on copying famous rock tracks.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Oh. my. god.

I was trying to learn how to drive with manual w/ clutch the past few days, but the shifting felt weird and the transmission kept getting damaged randomly. Turns out I was engaging the HANDBRAKE instead of the clutch before shifting :'D
I feel like the car should have rumbled and buckled like crazy ... wtf is this lol I could even continue to drive with that broken transmission like nothing happened.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
The Le Mans circuit in the wet at night time on the Xbox X is stunning, the HDR works really well.

I have a PC with a 1080 TI but I've not played Forza 7 on it since getting the Xbox X.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Got my system today! Updating it now. Can't wait to finish the career with the X. This will only lead to more pics from me. So if you follow me on the console, I'm sorry. :)

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game might have the worst menu music in the history of video games.
I turned it off after 10 minutes and now I'm annoyed even when it turns on for a moment when the game is logging me in. :) They broke a tradition here I think, because previous FM games had calm & relaxing OST's, not Horizon wannabes without the cool licensed tracks.

The money audio bug is quite awful.
They still haven't fixed it? There was a new small patch yesterday.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is the money audio bug?
The ticking sound you hear when the game counts championship points or credit stays on when you continue to the next race. It happens when you leave the menu too fast and the only solutions are to restart the game or to go back to the main menu (or you can set UI sound to 0 in the options).

It's pretty close to the soundtrack of the first FM.

The only one I didn't play, still it's 5 games against 1. ;)